Frustration with Smash City

Discussion in 'Smash City Badminton Club - CLOSED' started by tobler, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kan2005

kan2005 Regular Member

I totally agree what Kwun said. Back in 2002, I need to wait for at least 45 min in Pleasanton to play a game. However, at least there is a "clipping" queueing system to wait in the line for a court. I know how long I need to wait. I think Smash City also needs such a system to be fair for everybody. All the other gyms have that already (except APAC, because I haven't been there).

2. mazinkaiser

mazinkaiser Regular Member

Network Consulting Engineer
    I myself have been in Tobler's situation. It happened to me twice that the staff at Smashcity simply post the reservation notice 5 mins before the reservation time and kicked us out of the court while we are still playing a game. Another time, the reservation notice was not even on the net and was on the floor, the people who trained at the court even left the court to rest, we didn't know if the court was reserved or not (since the notice was on the floor covered up by racket covers and the court was empty) so we went to the court and play a game. 10 min later, coach Holvy rudely kicked us out of the court saying it was reserved. We told him we didn't see the reservation notice, then he somehow digged out the reservation notice under the pile of racket covers and told us the court was reserved and we were forced to get out.

Bottom line is, Smash City's court reservation system virtually does not exist and they have this bully attitude of "this is the way it is, either you conform to our rule or get out".

Wayne, if you see this post, I am suggesting Smash City should have a better queueing system. Not by people calling out "I am next" to all other courts if they are waiting. I think Golden Gate has a great queueing system, people are given clips to put on the court if they are waiting for the next game. Smash City don't need timers like GGBC because Smash City has more courts. People who play the game on the court should play two games of 21 point system, challenge court should also play 21 game system. This will reduce the wait time considerably. Also, even if we have the simple clip system, we will know exactly how many courts are reserved for training, so if we think too many courts are taken for training, we will come back some other time.

Tobler, if you are going to Smash City again, I would avoid Thursday night at all cost. In Smash City, Thursday night is the worst weeknight to go to. Wednesday night is a lot better.

Baddymom, we are not trying to kick your doughter out, we are simple giving Smash City suggestions to improve on their court queueing system to reduce confusion and frustration.

3. tobler

tobler New Member

Mazinkaiser's post is exactly how i feel about smashcity, their staff can ask you to leave the court anytime without a clear time table and there is no queue system for open courts customers.

Baddymom, this is not an open court customers VS training customers debate and no one is going to kick your precious daughter out of the gym. Imagine you and your daughter go into a packed restaurant, you waited for a table and finally it is your turn to sit. Just when you are about to finish your appetizer, the waiter ask you to wait again for another open table because the customer who just walks in get priority to sit first since he is going to order a $200 Kobe steak and there is no warning for you before hand. Whose fault do you think this is? The manager of this restaurant or the customer who like a $200 Kobe steak? Are you frustrated or blame yourself for not ordering a steak?

I have been to Bintang on a packed weekdays night even though is it packed, their queue system let me know how many people are in front of me and how long I have to wait. Even though I may have a long wait before my turn but I know everyone else is in the same bloat, their management has put their best effort to solve this. This is fair and this is how smashcity should be. Next time you go to smashcity check out how many courts hang a "reserved for training" notice, these courts can be taken anytime they like without a time table.

#23 tobler, Mar 4, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  4. baddymom

baddymom New Member

Plez tell truth tobler. You say yu like bintang system, but go to smashcity usually tue, wed, thu, sat, sun. why go so many time to smashcity if like bintang and no like smashcity? just to complaint on open forum? did u complaint bintang when u left? owner let peple know u lie. Tell agin how many court use training those day? hahaha Tell truth. you like troll and cause truble. how owner lissen when u not tell truth?

you say not train court VS open court issue but u ask me to count train notice next time. Why count if not issue. I confuse what yu say.

court notice tell time when train happen. sometime no train between class. Peple that play during break must leave becuz class start agin. dont make smashcity ask multiple time like u did. one time enuf. no wonder why peple rude to u.

smashcity have simple queue system. wait at court till u turn. nobody cut since you wait at court. peple playing see that u next. Tell staff if peple playing wont leave on time. usually less than 30 min befor play. reserve court if you no like wait.

dont pay when arrive if to meny peple waiting for court. go back bintang or apac. use brain to think first so no frustrate anymor. eazy to see all smashcity court from pay point.

plez dont sit at my table and eat my food at packed resturant becuz i go to bathroom. don't make me tell u leave table multiple time.

owner tell u to contac him instead of post. just call, tell truth, and maybe owner lissen.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Speaking of SmashCity..

..ahem, actually i went up there this past weekend and played some baddy with "the boss" (we arrived and played between 4:30 pm-6 pm);)..First time playing there and actually i did the opposite; went in there, paid first and then looked for any courts, without even asking the front desk about the schedule/any court availability..Add to that, all the courts were full & we were playing on a very short time schedule; who knows what would happen if we only played 1 match...Anyway, we were lucky to have gotten a few games, after a few minutes of waiting; and the folks we played & encountered with were friendly and courteous..:cool:

#25 ctjcad, Mar 4, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    complaints, concerns and defenses has been made (but probably not done in the most eloquent, polite nor diplomatic way ;)) and i see that the feedback has reached the proper authority. i think this thread can be closed.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    just a few points i want to make:

1. gyms do have training and open courts. that's how a badminton gym operate.
    2. courts are a shared resource, if you think you are not getting the proper share, make sure you maximize your share by:
    - learn the court schedule which are posted
    - visit at a less busy time
    3. if you do think your share is not fair, most effective is to direct the complaint to the management. the contact emails are always in their website, or you can try to look for the management in the facility and talk to them directly.
    4. when you make a complaint, make sure the facts are accurate and truthful. make complaints politely and constructively.

if you have done your side properly and professional, and the management chooses not to respond appropriate, then it is their problem. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.