the newest clip

Discussion in 'Korea Open 2008' started by w3wmfhe, Jan 30, 2008.

1. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

Pretty much the same with here.
    I think we all agree both are at fault. LD, LM, linesman, to some extent.
    Just some emphasize on LD, some on LM.
    Some suggested Hawkeye or similar technologies to be bring in.
    Some resort to personal attacks but due to strict moderation here, unnecessary fighting and sarcasm was spare from here.
    They discuss more on the issue between LM and LYB, which I truly agree the root cause that sparks this controversy. And how much he want to go back to serve his country but it seems impossible now.
    Some call him and his supporter as traitor and unpatriotic. Some defended him.

2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

My...oh...my...after watched the clip.....i m convinced that LD...was so out of control and *****.......sad to say....he deserved heavy punishment..

3. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

hmm ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Guys, I am just wondering ... Why didn't Lin Dan throw his racket to the line judge who ruled the shuttle was out? I mean, if you think DEEPLY about it, it was the misjudgment of that line judge which started the whole thing. I mean, the umpire can't really have a good view of whether the shuttle was out or in, and certainly nothing to do with coaches or players. At least the first thing Taufik did in HK2006 was going directly to the line judge, and then argued with the umpire, and then walked away. If there anyone is to be put a blame on this incident, I would say the line judge would be first in line. And I don't buy that the line judge 'unintentionally' misjudged. The shuttle was clearly out and he has a direct,straight,clear sight that the shuttle was hit right next to the big fat white line. He is obviously siding his country's player. What Lin Dan did was wrong, but if he is going to do it anyway, he might as well throw that to the line judge.

4. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

LD was not mad at the line calls. Everyone knows in Korea you get such calls, and LD said they indeed prepared. Before the racket-throw, LD was doing a show, he first tried to make LHI feel guilty, then tried to put pressure on the umpire. Maybe he was pretty confident that the umpire would overrule -- all four previous bad calls were overruled (according to ctjcad).

Unfortunately the umpire chose to do things differently this time. LD's ego could not take it and he started to feel anger.

But the real reason...

LD said, "... he is a Chinese ...". So actually it's not that LM said anything bad, it's LM, a Chinese, making such an effort to help LHI, a Korean, take advantage of a bad line call (LM didn't see it clearly -- he was further away and had a worse view than the umpire, so to him it's just a controversial call), that finally made LD mad. In other words, it's LM, as a Chinese, working whole-heartedly as a Coach of a Korean, that set LD off.

If you remember, LYB sometimes talks about Chinese players playing for other countries as if they are traitors (I remember he actually used this word in one case, not sure). Thus no wonder LD has a very negative opinion of LM.

#84 ye333, Jan 31, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

A bit off topic... you know what they say is the history of LM & LYB's conflict? Wah... called traitor some more...must have been sthing real big. Someone posted that LYB fired LM & other coaches who signed some document to go against LYB, is that true?
    There're quite a number of China coaches in other countries.. dunno what they say abt them.

And yes, doesnt matter abt what LM said or gestured to LD, in 'normal courts' that you & I are subject to, the action of doing sthing is more severe. And with both the coaches, their "pushing exercise". The rest is "He said, I said", back & forth.

#85 eaglehelang, Jan 31, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  6. nibaxiang

nibaxiang Regular Member

@Muddy_Elephant
    hehe, it's been said many times. There are guys just keeping ignoring the fact. Being world #1 for about 3 year, LD got enough "enemies" who want him down, one way or the other. No matter what's the fact, they have enough #$!#$!#$ $%#$%#$ throw to LD.

Don't get me wrong, what LD did is wrong. Still, lot of others are guilty as well, give it LM, linemen or the TV umpire, etc.

7. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Hey,did anyone really know what exactly the words that LiMao said to LD that time?I really wanna know how LiMao can make LD became such a vicious guy..I bet LYB also wanna know..so that he can use it to "burn" LD in the Olympic2008 later on..:D:D:D

8. stork

stork Regular Member

-
    Hey eaglehelang, i already answered your question yesterday in any other post, but sounds like you don´t believe me. In Germany you can´t read those things in the news, you know...:cool:

LYB had to fire not only coaches, also players...

For me the only reason for this incident is the hate between LYB and LM, but nobody listen. Seems to be be more interesting to talk about Lindan, Taufik and Korea...:rolleyes:

9. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Assume you can read in Chinese:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51838
    what LM said in an interview in the post #1
    what LD said in an interview in the post #6 (there used to be a video)

http://news.wenxuecity.com/messages/200801/news-gb2312-516590.html
    what the umpire of MSF KO 08 said in an interview

10. toaster81

toaster81 Regular Member

Wat LD angry about? This is not what he asked for during CO 07? HomeTeam advantage..and korean just follow instruction..

11. niepan

niepan Regular Member

at sports.sina.com.cn, some are quarreling/fighting about whether Li Mao's behavior is against patriotism and whether he is a traitor....

some are also dissapointed with lin dan and li yongbo and even liu fengyan's justification

some are supporting lin dan, hinting that he is a hero

Generally, except lin dan's fans, many are not agree with lin's show

12. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    is this based on fact or your own opinion? im pretty sure it's the latter one.

13. sepang

sepang Regular Member

LM is LHI coach. He did for his players. Just like LYB did for his players. It is not about Chinese nation or Patriot. It is about service. He is paid to coach the korean team.

14. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    unethical of LD to "throw" rackets at ppl... LCW did tat once during training n Misbun was furious.. Misbun said racket is players' weapon.. throwin it away means throwin ur weapon away.. basically, tats y LD lost to LHI.. cuz stupid enuf to throw his weapon away! haha :D

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Thanks, I know that someone answered, not that I dont believe you, trying to find the news piece since BC wasnt formed yet back in 1999- in China, something would have cropped up.

Whatever the reason behind it, it's the action at the time that will be considered by BWF.
    So, we only comment on the actions - LD's actions as a player,compare with Taufik's punishment in 2006, LM's actions as a coach, Korea's biased line-judging which have been happening for years.

16. victory

victory Regular Member

I totally agree this is truth. From what I see the chinese team keep attacking LM with the intention to justify LD unprecedent violent on court! And the easiest way is to " bring it up to national level" that means claiming LM is a chinese . Thus LM should not help korean to " go against Chinese badminton team. When they argue it in this way they can easily instigate the emotional of the chinese people and gain more support. You can go to chinese web site top see how some people call LM traitor or start to hate LM. But I must also say that not all chinese people buy into this. A lot of them are smart ,rational and fair. A lot of them can see that this is a issue of unacceptable violent on court. LD Saying "LM is chinese and should not be the first one that stood up and complaint.... bla...bla...bla..." is rubbish and shallow! If I say Tan Kim He is Malaysian and he should not coach UK team I will be mocked as a mad man! This kind of saying has no market at all in Malaysia! I will be accused of being racist, shallow and plain stupid. What? Park joo Bong should not coach Japanese because he is Korean? Rexy should not coach malaysian because he is Indonesian? Ha....Ha...Ha.....Ha....Ha....
    And when they coach other countries team they must not complain agaist they home country's team? Ha...Ha....Ha....Ha! What kind of idiotic arguement! It just show how desperate LD and chinese offcials want to use any excuse and lies to talk LD out of this mess!

If LD think LM is wrong to stand up he can lorge a complain of even shout back at him. But he used violence against Li Mao. That is complete wrong irrelevent of LD is provoked or at the first place.

LD must be penalized heavily and openly apologize for what he has done. He tried to use aggression to harm LM! First by throwing racket at LM. Secondly, when he get his racket back , he turn back and tried to hit LM. If he was no stopped we all have reason to believe he would have bashed his racket at LM already. From his second act of violent we can logically deduce he indeed tried to harm LM by throwing racket at him. We just can not brush it aside as he was just reacted out of frustration!

A violent is a violent! And he did it infront of camera. Millions of people around the world saw he aggression towards LM! Is there still justice and fairness in this world? What ever rubbish and lies the LD and chinese officials gave would not turn black into white.

17. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
  18. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

It's based on facts (what LD said, and available videos) + reason.

Maybe you can tell me why LD emphasize the nationality of LM. Why is that relevant in justifying his behavior?

19. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Some ridiculous point I see over the past few days:

- Some link LD"s behaviour to murder.
    - Some question the source of the umpire interview conduct by the Chinese media while never doubted and bringing up over and over again old sources of the "break his leg" statement that was promoted by the Malaysian media.
    - Some suggest that the final call is clearly in and accuse LD protest as pressurizing the umpire.
    - Some finds Li Mao is understandable and doing his part as a coach, meanwhile, condemning LD for overreacting.
    - Some brings up TH walk out incident to suggest hasher penalty on LD while ignore TH fight with the fan incident.
    - Some suggest that LD shouldn't be emotionally affected prior the fight with LM simply because the umpire has overruled the previous bad calls.

Once again, I am not defending LD misbehaving (and I am not his fan either, I supported LHI from the beginning of the final) and I think he should be punished, but I also find it understandable under those circumstances. What really annoyed me is many of the people here (you know who you are) is simply taking advantage of the incident to insult LD, LYB or the Chinese team by applying double standard.

20. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Seems some parts are pointing at me.

"Some question the source of the umpire interview": I pointed out clear inconsistency between an important part of the interview and an available video, of course that's enough to put the credulity of the whole interview in doubt. In LCW's case, I only cited the words LYB himself admitted (that is "(LCW) would not learn anything good but learned everything bad" -- in my opinion this is much worse than "if all points are ruled in your favor, then what's the point having this match played" -- the former is personal attack and the latter is just a complaint -- note that LM hasn't admitted that he said this sentence yet. So as of now its credulity is the same as "break his leg". ) and never used "break his leg" in this argument (I mentioned it once, with a remark indicating LYB never admitted this).

"Some finds Li Mao is understandable and doing his part as a coach, meanwhile, condemning LD for overreacting.": Please tell me why what LD did is not overreaction, and what would happen if LD "overreacted" according to your standard. Also please tell me what LM did that is not "understandable" -- FYI, LM only admitted that he said "you want to hit me?!".

"Some brings up TH walk out incident to suggest hasher penalty on LD while ignore TH fight with the fan incident.": PBSI did wrongly in not punishing TH for fighting, BWF did the right thing to punish TH for walking out. Now which one should BWF follow: the wrong one by PBSI or the right one by itself (that is BWF)?

"Some suggest that LD shouldn't be emotionally affected prior the fight with LM simply because the umpire has overruled the previous bad calls." That's the right thing to do as a mature man and a professional player. I would do that if my goal is to win the match -- instead of to teach the opponent's coach how to behave or the line judges how to judge.

#100 ye333, Feb 1, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2008