The video about LinDan and LiMao

Discussion in 'Korea Open 2008' started by ThinkRiver, Jan 27, 2008.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
  2. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Well, such a question is meaningless. Before this incident, can you imagine LD throw a racket at LM just because LM made some complaints?

Anything can be provocative. Maybe seeing LM (a Chinese) arguing with the umpire in favor of LHI (a Korean) and against him (a fellow Chinese) is enough to set LD off. Who knows. :D

What may have happened is that LD saw LM talking, but didn't hear clearly (When thousands of ppl are talking freely, it's hard to hear clearly. Just remember your school days, if the whole 200+ class are talking freely, only a few front row students can hear clearly what the teacher is saying).

3. doublewings

doublewings Regular Member

Watched the new clip a few times. LM isn't in the video, so can't really tell whether he said, didn't say, did or didn't do anything. No matter what, LD throwing the racquet, especially in a general direction where there was people, is not right. Nothing can justify such action.

4. kankan

kankan Regular Member

IT
    LD did two things to LM:
    1) threw the racquet to LM
    2) wanted to use his racquet to hit LM

LM did say somthing to LD after 1) but before 2).

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Watch also the official broadcast one & Alphonse's private cam one. As i said over at the other thread (so many threads, duno which one):
    a) I can see LM's assistant coach standing but LM was not in line of sight. The assistant coach was a distance away from the umpire, outside the court.
    b) LD walked to where the umpire was, then to middle of the court, looked, aimed, threw with force. The umpire was stunned.
    c) To be fair to LD, provacation could have been in form of gestures. The distance was to far to hear. Anything verbally said could not be heard. The noise made by the crowd was very loud.
    d) Aft he threw the racket, LD went straight to Korea's side of the court to where LM was. LM & assistant walked forward, not backward from their chairs. This means LD felt LM provoked him in some manner,went to challenge.

e) This was where the drama continued with LD's coach gettin involved.
    The verbal heated exchanges were at this point, when they were standing near one another.

6. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i agree. we could never fully comprehend what transpired between LD and LM. this is similar to that incident that transpired between Zidane and materazzi at the world cup. But Zidane act of headbutting was considered wrong and he was given a red card and even though materazzi might have been the one to provoke zidane first, nothing will justify his violent conduct. the same should be said about LD and LM. no matter what LM said or gestured or whether he provoked LD or not, the fact that LD threw a racket violently and intentionally towards other people and then with a racket in his hands acting aggressively and violently towards LM, that is just plain wrong. nothing could ever justify that. he was lucky he was just given a yellow card. again, before people are going to defend LD, i am not saying LM and the linesperson were not wrong either. all party was responsible in some ways but the fact still remains that LD was the only one who acted violently in that situation.

7. KooGuy

KooGuy Regular Member

Not sure any of you still remember the "4 heavenly kings" back in the 80's...Icuk Sugiarto was one of them back then. He went through a series bad line calls while playing a Korean player in the finals in Korea. He just walk out the game and said if the Korean wants to win the game so badly, why not I just gave it to them! I think he also rejected the medal from Korean or be present at the prize ceremony...

Just my opinion - Lin Dan could have done the same thing...He could go on and win next few SS to make it up since he is still the best.

8. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    he was in an ambulance.. got hit by ld's racket :D :p (kidding)...

we can't still justify lindan's wratful action...

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Exactly....this basically nails down the argument we have so far.

I am really surprised ppl are still defending Lin Dan despite the new video :eek:

REGARDLESS of what Li Mao had said or gestured at Lin Dan, those things still would not justify Lin Dan's violent reaction of hurling at racket. You can see from Lin Dan's expression that he was filled with anger and contempt...not just a sign of frustration.

And now, we started to see posts accusing Lee Hyun Il's reaction :eek: Amazing really....

10. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    LM probably did say something which LD heard. It does not make sense for LD to just throw his racquet like that. Still, whatever LM said, it is far worse to be throwing the racquet at someone. He probably threw it off-target (even LD at the height of his emotion know that he would be in really hot soup if the racquet actually hits someone) but still the threat was clear. All said and done, there are some guilty parties in this incident, but none as guilty as LD.

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Hmm....so u mean that its still okay for Lin Dan to toss a racket at Li Mao because Li Mao provoked him? If your answer is yes...then good luck to u :eek:

12. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Outrageous.....

What's next... Lin Dan bitting off his opponents ear???

:D (testing wilfred humour)

13. tohcsh

tohcsh New Member

Dog Training Consultant
    Maybe LD should just smash the shuttle (instead of racket) at LM. Who know's the "wind" (wind generated from LM's scolding) might carry it to LHI's court and LD can get a point!:p:D (thought we need a little less stressfull opinion).

14. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    He's the honor student of Li Yongbo, that should explain everything and I mean it.

15. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

You mean 'like father like son' kinda thing ?:D

16. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    breaking your legs and throwing the racket, both are deadly.... :D

17. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I know.:D

Anyway, LD must think being tough is being rough. His aggression in badminton has transcended into his personal character.....or perhaps we have not seen it until now ?

18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Pls elaborate on your wisdom.I have much to learn.

19. victory

victory Regular Member

yes I agree with you Han and X ball. I will not be very surprise if what LD said to media after the incident was tought by Lee Yong Bo. LYB is the master of mind game. I mean it. He is extremely good at twisting and turning things to his favour. I still vividly remember many years ago how he tried to talk to Cheah sonn Kit and soo beng kiang during a acontroversial line call. He successful affected them and won. Later he openly admit that was mindgame.

And look at how he denied he threaten to break LCW's leg even though a lot of people including chinese new reportor heard him said so.

20. tohcsh

tohcsh New Member

Dog Training Consultant
    Don't know where I should be posting this (too many threads on LD vs LM). Now I have a suggestion (not on LD side nor LM side but just a general view).
    I felt that let this encounter be a wake up call to set a new rullings.
    Badminton Coach SHOULD NOT BE ALLOW INTO THE COURT area to give tips to players. (a good example is Tennis). After all I believe in the mids of the games the players are so engross in the games that I believe whatever their coaches tells them falls to deft ears . Besides their coaches views will only make the players confused in the mids of the games. Players should be able to use their own judgement and skill to full practise duing matches and should not be depending on their coach 'on the spot feedback' on the game.
    I feel the short break is meant for the players to take a breather to rest their physical body and mental mind. With the coach by their sides 'buzzing' away like a bee only puts further pressure on the players.
    Besides as it is common for coaches to 'move' from country to country , there might be some emotional conflicts when coaches meets his ex players and vice versa.
    My vote is COACH SHOULD NOT BE ON THE COURT!