LD's blog post

Discussion in 'Korea Open 2008' started by zqloy, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thewait

thewait Regular Member

i believe that everyone has his or her own opinions on this matter. thr is this article saying tt LM scolded LD...and LD claims tt he didnt throw his racket at LM purposely. only they noe the ans to wat they had done. so thr's no pt arguing and discuss who did the right thing and who did the wrong thing.

not every player can be well liked by every single one of us. it's just a matter of each perspective on this matter.

wat done cant be undone and let's just move on to see what will happen next.

2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    He's been no 1 for years,so i don't think he'd easily take his lose,especially if he's beaten by someone that his WR is moderately below him.Not in china.;)

Hence,he'll blame this and that as the reason why he lose
    .Somehow,WR no 1 means so much for this guy.So that his fans won't doubt him as someone that performance isn't stable,n not doing as a WR no 1 should do,he'd make some excuses.:rolleyes:

Besides,it's not easy for this kind of guy to feel losing.He has been pushed by chinese public n LYB to always keep his title as the no 1.While for most of chinese supporters,WR no 1 athelete will always be about winning.Most of them don't care about what other than that.

However,his action of throwing rackets to limao is not appropriate n he should be charged for that.Deduction of WR points,maybe?It'll mean so much for him,n should be a good reminder for him not to do the same thing again next time.:cool::cool:

3. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Honestly speaking,seeing from the small things,not from the incidents..like what appears on TV during matches n championship,TH's face n LD's face in matches has already tells the difference.LD's face filled with arrogancy as being big in badminton."I'm no 1" that kind of face,n he'll do anything to keep his title,while TH doesn't even bother to be no 1.TH plays in whatever shape he like on that time.Sometimes "ogah-ogahan",playing like someone who just got out of sleep,n some other time "playing like a mad-man"."Semau gue"(As my favor):p that kind of personality,but still,TH beat LD in big matches,matches that matters so much in athletes life,like AG,WC,n it's TH took the OG title as well.:cool:..that's why i like TH.:cool:

However,they're both "badBoy" in badminton.The difference,is one's a "natural,born-bad boy","easy-burned by emotions"..n the other one is the "wannabe"..:cool:

Remember,ppl like us don't get paid to choose which players do we like.We observes n we decides for idolizing which players we like.:cool:

#63 Smichz, Jan 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  4. winston

winston Regular Member

Executive
  5. thewait

thewait Regular Member

i agree. lindan was the victim.

6. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    aiyo, most chinese, educated or non-educated, be it from china, hong kong, sinagpore or malaysia will speak dirty words even during normal conversations. for example, during dinner time, mah jong time, chit chatting time, etc etc.

if you are a chinese and if you are a guy, don't tell me that you have not used the "mother" word.

so, i would not buy lin dan's explanations that he threw his racket at Li Mao because Li Mao used dirty words!

Then again, i understand that his actions was due to "the heat of the moment" thingy. I think he should just apologise to Li Mao and fans and from now on, let his results do the talking.

#66 Kamen, Jan 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  7. thewait

thewait Regular Member

watever it is..i still support lindan n the rest of china badminton team.

JIAYOU.

8. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    It depends on your personality...

I guarantee that if someone is to use the "mother" word or any kind of curse word towards any of my family... NOBODY will be able to stop me from beating the living he*l out of him... be that with a racket or not.:mad:

9. Whipper

Whipper Regular Member

That's ridiculous ever!

I wont take ur statement as nation bashing but, if Malaysian coaches never rush into court against opposing players with dirty words, it is because Malaysians dont have any daily rude remarks?

you're just mixing up day-to-day life with court manner, which seems to have Limao released from the "should-not" case.

10. HiddenPower

HiddenPower Regular Member

not really, I'm a LD fan and I'm not really disappointed :D

11. ssjtygrysek

ssjtygrysek Regular Member

Civil Engineering Intern
    I don't understand one thing that people keep saying and that LD posted on the blog. He said he is still a champion and that the bad line called "cost" him the match. Its not like the line call was at 20-19 for LD. They ended up playing the next few points out and its not like LD lost on the next rally, he did end up winning the next point and then LHI finished it in the next few points. So even if the call was called out LD would still have to play out the next rally and who knows how that would have gone? Maybe he would have lost anyway, LHI was playing very well, hence the really close games.

12. kuai_chai

kuai_chai Regular Member

that line call caused LHI to go 1 point ahead of LD (22-21).
    otherwise, LD will go ahead (21-22).
    then he won 2 matches continuously, it should have been 21-23 instead of 22-23. that is what he meant i believe.

i'm a malaysian, and i still think LD should have won the match.

13. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    if i were you i would stop posting about this subject. you are basically spewing out wrong information without looking at what actually happened. you are embarrassing yourself and other malaysian fans alike. this is the reason why people on this board have such a bias against certain malaysian badminton fans.

14. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

That kind of argument is ridiculous though. LD took two points after the incident doesn't mean if there is not such incident he can still take two points consecutively. Otherwise all those "towel-break" tricks should be useless. If after the towel-break you lose two points quickly, does that mean if there is no towel-break, you should still lose these two points quickly? I don't think so.

LD's claim that he should be champion if there is no bad call is not well supported. He reached 20:18 in the 3rd game and let LHI won 3 points in a row. Was there any bad call that helped LHI in these 3 points? NO. So there is no reason that his win is guaranteed if he leaded 22:21.

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    alright, ladies and gentlemen (and that means everybody), things are starting to get a bit heated.

please calm down.

16. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Exactly. I don't think Taufik did anything spectacular the past few years. Yes he did walk out without finishing the game, but that's nothing compared to the LD incident: a player tried to hit the opponent's coach... Even Taufik hitting a fan was a bit less spectacular in my opinion...

17. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    sorry kwun :eek:

18. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

In the Sohu interview, LD clearly said LM didn't personally attack him. He said LM

1. used some dirty words.
    2. talk in a way that made him feel angry (in particular, "if all points are judged in your favor, then what's the point having this game actually played?")
    3. made it clear that LM want to do his best to stop Team China to win (this made LD very angry)

Note that the "personal attack" in your quote is not really in the quotation mark, it is hard to tell whether LD really said this or the reporter just paraphrase it this way. :cool:

Also, I think the key is what LM said before LD threw the racket. Are there any personal attacks? Or just "if all points are judged in your favor, then what's the point having this game actually played?"

19. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Think of it like this....
    1) Does Lin Dan have a right to complain about a bad line call? Yes he does.
    2) Does Li Mao have the right to get out of his bench, start yelling, speakign to Lin Dan, and make a scene? No he doesn't. He shouldn't have moved from his spot.
    3) Did Lin Dan have the right to throw his racquet @ Li Mao? Hell no.

If you look at it like this, this would have been any bad line call in sports, except when Li Mao got involved. If Li hadn't started yelling at LD, would LD have gotten really upset and thrown a racquet at somebody? In this situation, the fault doesn't only lie on the perpetrator, but also in the instigator. I mean, say LM didn't get involved. This is how said scene may have played out...

1) LD gets shocked with a bad line call. He makes a scene.
    2) LD complains to umpire. Ump calls it in. LD gets pissed off and whips the bird to LHI's side and goes and wipes his face with a towel (like the China Master 2007 against LCW.)
    4) Play resumes.

20. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

If people ever says something bad about my mother and not by a joking manner, I would have my racket threw into his/her face too. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.