The video about LinDan and LiMao

Discussion in 'Korea Open 2008' started by ThinkRiver, Jan 27, 2008.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I think you're refering to Elderplayer's vid, thru Astro.
    Watch Alphonse's private cam vid too, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ5z1zwfOog
    to see another angle. And all the press reports they translated over the other 2 threads to read both sides of the story, then judge for yourself.

2. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    it looks so much like soccer now, maybe umpire or line judges gets killed by fans next time

3. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    anyone remembers eric cantona? hehehhehehe...................

4. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Unlikely, but the Umpire or line judges might get smashed in the head by rackets.:eek: I would suggest they wear a helmet :cool: :p

5. thesoothsayer

thesoothsayer Regular Member

Wasn't too bad or dramatic as I thought it would be. Sure, it's bad sportsmanship but maybe it'll raise the profile of the game. Maybe more money will flow in. ;)

I think most Westerners think this is a game you play in the garden or by placid Asians. Some bad boys in the game wouldn't be too bad, I think. Think of John McEnroe, Ilie Nastase, and others in tennis in the past. They bring some colour to the game. God knows there's no more Zhao Jianhua to do it with brilliant skill. :(

6. tohcsh

tohcsh New Member

Dog Training Consultant
    Taufik have thrown his temper before in court too.

7. tohcsh

tohcsh New Member

Dog Training Consultant
    I think since LD throws racket and LM shows his temper as well..
    both team should be disqualified and the winner should automatically go to the 3rd and 4th placings players.

8. kankan

kankan Regular Member

IT
  9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    If possible,clarify what Limao said to LD on that moment..cos obviously,he provoked LD.Also,his action of pushing ZB is so inappropriate,considering that ZB obviously just trying to calm him down.In other part,LD's action for throwing racket at limao was also unnecessary.It'll just get him deeper into troubles.

10. kankan

kankan Regular Member

IT
    http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=QsdZUuWaPk4

this video suggest that:
    Lin Dan throw the racket first before Li Mao say anything to him.

11. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Haha..they'll have to wait for years again for that.Luckily,for now,the badminton fans n spectators r not yet as wild as the soccer fans,whose most of the time, always wild!:DOMG..i don't wish that to happen to badminton though.:eek:

12. victory

victory Regular Member

Thank you Kan Kan for posted the clearer video. Look at how Lin Dan threw that racket over to korean coaches' direction!! That was blatant agression! And look at how LD try to take the racket to hit LM after that. This kind of behaviour can not be taken likely as just nature reaction out of frustration. This is agression!! This kind of behaviour is totally not acceptable.

Has anyone of you seen any professional badminton player did this kind of agressive act on court?? Li Mao is absolutely right in saying that LD is ill-cultivated. I used to think he is rude and arrogant even though I like his badminon skills. Now I think he is actually a rascal. So what he is world champion? He is still a rascal! He brought shame to badminton.

He should be penalized by the badminton federation for his behaviour. Good news is he finally has shown his true colour in front camera.

13. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    it would be great to see limao get beat up..lol..korea won..but..w/ out class..which = LOSER

14. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

irregardless what was happening previously ......... but the way Lin Dan threw his racket is very very very aggressive, like a barbaric .....

how will we show badminton become more professional if the athlete as like kungfu fighter ? really basket ..... :crying:

I'm very dissappointed ...........

It is remained me what Taufik Hidayat has suggested back in 2006 when he withdrew from Hongkong Open due bad lines-call ...... (and against Lin Dan, .... so LD, now you should know why TH withdrew), ... while TH used gentlemen style, ..... LD used his barbaric ......... :eek:

Why BWF did not start to use TV camera ?

During Maria Sharapova vs Justine Henin at the Australia Open 2008, Sharapova used 4 of 5 her challenges (meaning asking for TV preview for lines-call) ......... why BWF can not use this method ?

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I just saw the new video...unbelievable :eek:

That was blatant misconduct by Lin Dan....and the way he threw that racket...it could have hit somene and injured him/her pretty badly :mad:

16. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I saw the video....very bad news for China team....LD did throw the racket before LM said anything.I am afraid if Korea Badminton Federationfiles complaint to BWF, It could be severe penalty for LD but Korea Organizer had been warned also about this cheating linesmen and I do hope that BWF penalizes Korean organizer which was infamously known for their Patriotic linesmen....

17. victory

victory Regular Member

As far as I know BWF already investigating the lineman's bad call issue. But for Lin Dan throwing racket at Li mao and korean coach, I think BWF should penalize LD even without Korea badminton federation filing any complaint. It is very unwise if BWF let it go like that. This will set a very bad and influencial precedent to on court violent/ misconduct.

If Taufik has been penalized for walked away from match, I don't see why LD threw racket at Li Mao should not received disciplinary action. LD tried to harm some one! That is way too serious to be ignored. What he has done has tarnished the image of the sport.

This question is to u guys forumers. Do you still want to see violent/aggression on court in future? I don't want to see that happen any more. Shouldn't we urge BWF to take action against LD?

18. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

omg..wow...i'm shocked...i thought he actually threw his racket after li mao provoked him but it seems that the scene is much earlier than that....he threw the racket because he is frustrated as the point was given to LHI i think...:eek:

19. sysoh

sysoh Regular Member

Senior Software Engineer
    How did you know ZB was trying to calm LM down? You heard what he said? After watching the uncensored video, it is clear that LD is trying to lie to the media. And the uncultivated behavior should not come from a World Champion. This is totally not the value and spirit of sport. Hope someone forward the video to the writer of badzine, sina and sohu.
    It is meaningless to be a world champion if they can't control their emotion.

20. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    You saying that LD's lying about LM provoking him? Why would LD want to toss a racquet at LM when he could instead be throwing it at the line judge? And the uncultivated behaviour should not come from a renowned world class coach!!!:rolleyes: