What happend between Lin Dan and Li Mao?

Discussion in 'Korea Open 2008' started by ThinkRiver, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    Of course I watched the video before making the blog post. Because many credible sources are saying that Lin Dan did indeed throw the racquet, that is why i included that in the post.

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

ok, sori...I watched it a couple more times. Tournament referee gave LD back his racket, then asked LD to continue

In the other thread, those watching at stadium said LD did throw his racket in Li Mao's direction, the camera panned somewhere else at that time. by the time the camera panned back to LD, the scene went to coaches pushing each other part.

LD & Li Mao were still pissed off at each other at the end of it.

3. lhchia

lhchia Regular Member

sure sure..all is mind game...this time win by li mao...great coach

4. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    In MO 2008, I did not see any Chinese players say hello to Li Mao.....I saw Zhang Ning and Lu Lan walked and past Li Mao, those 2 did not even look at Li Mao.....I can guess that there is no relationship between Li Mao and Chinese Team...I may be wrong but I had seen that there was no interaction between them.........Lets keep Peace for them all...Olympics is coming up...

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    China might Ban Li Mao from going in.. ehhehe..

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

While this whole incident was happening before our eyes, Taufik Hidayat is probably smiling as he was spared of the torment :D

Meanwhile, Lee Chong Wei will probably be thinking also "Thanks God, its not me facing all those unfair linecalls", as he sipped his Ginseng tea at home, enjoying the warm weather and recovering from his illness :rolleyes:

7. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    or he might be doing some shopping with choo choo for the coming chinese new year.............:D:D:D:D:D LCW: the fever saved me............:p:p:p

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Indeed....a good decision IMHO to forfeit the match when he was not feeling well :eek: Lin Dan also didn't win (which will be the best thing to Lee Chong Wei and Taufik Hidayat). As for Lee Hyun Il's victory, ok....hats off to him for going all the way to the Finals in the past fortnight.

9. volcom

volcom Regular Member

HAHA :D agreed.... At least he didn't have to go through the traumatisingly horrendous calls like in China Open... save him of more heartbreaking problems...

10. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

LD could have walked off the court and not finish the match to protest, and that would really something to the Korean.

11. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

great LD, you are my hero.

i understand how you feel. i support the way you protest.

you are a real man.

12. Temasek Green

Temasek Green Regular Member

Ya, even a tennis racket made of kevlar will break on his steel head.

#32 Temasek Green, Jan 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  13. THEbaschti

THEbaschti Regular Member

I watched the video and I didn't think the whole scene was that dramatic. LD kinda overreacted sure, but I understand him and it's not like he sweared at LHI like he stated after the match, and IMO it didn't look like he was about to hit anyones head with his racket...hot tempered man, yellow card is correct and that's it, not such a big deal.
    The whole bad line judging however is a different story...

14. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

tsktsk.... korean open's line judging was terrible! how the heck would 5 overturning of calls by the umpire happen!?? i've never seen a game in which the umpire overturned atmost 4 calls.... :(

15. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    u guys should read badzine link again and stop speculating

http://www.badzine.info/content/view/820/2/

from what I understand is.. as soon as the bad line was called.. LD went berserk... and immediately after the umpire announced the point to LHI, LD threw his racket towards LiMao who was approaching the scene to clarify things I guess. The racket flew passed in front of the umpire, and if you have downloaded the 9min clip provided by elderplayer.. notice @ 3:18, the umpire looked shocked while glancing at the flying racket towards LiMao..

And those pictures you guys saw were right after LD retrieved his racket and still persist to beat up LiMao..
    I think this is a very severe action, violence in sport are punishable in many other sports.. for such action I think LD deserve to get ban from participating in next upcoming tournament or get charge with a hefty fine

16. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    The question is, is WBF dare to ban Lin Dan as the Chinese may retaliate by not sending any player to the tournament that he is banned. This sport need super star to survive and Lin is one of them.
    My opinion is if in fact Lin Dan is the one who started the incident then ban him for one SS even if the Chinese threaten to boycott and fine the Korean organizer for such disgraceful line judging.
    Is not going to be easy and may backfire for this sport, ... Boy, what a mess!

17. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Some photos

From Sohu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    well you see... the Chinese can't boycott SS, as Olympic approaches they cant afford to do such thing..
    It doesn't matter if the Chinese do not participate.. they are not the one that made badminton afterall, their dominance is beginning to fade away already.

Anyway, it is that LD started violence 1st, I mean throwing racket at your opponent? Do you know how severe that is? Imagine you playing a game and someone threw a racket at you how would you feel?
    Anyway Korea is renowned for their notorious bad line call, so what? They are no different from China and Indonesias SS.. this is BWf problem, this is something they have to sort it out themself...

However as a player, when it comes to professionalism, violence should be avoided at all cost! (Zidane's head butt didn't do him any good u know.. lol)

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    lucky li mao, i wish LD threw his racket at my direction(so i can catch it):p

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i think we need some clarifications here.

i watched the video and i noticed that despite badzine saying that LD threw a racket at Li Mao, it is not true. Lin Dan did not throw a racket at Li Mao. the reason i say that is that after all the scuffling, Lin Dan was still holding his racket on his hand. he might have smashed it on the ground later on, but that's after the incident.

you can check out the video here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?azzypk0tdkn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.