Chong Ming and Choon Eng back together in 2008

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ants, Jan 4, 2008.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I am not going to be there all days, as I will be in Singapore for a few days. I hope to catch the Semis and Finals (so would probably not be able to do that). Can somebody please take this up for Eaglehelang ?

2. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    definitely not me.. not in kl then.. haha :D

3. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i'm a big fan of CCM, though i must say i'm not too convinced about CCE.
    let's see though, i will definitely be supporting them and really hope they do well.

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

from The Star, 8 Jan 2008

Chong Ming back at work after wedding

PETALING JAYA: Doubles shuttler Chan Chong Ming got married on Sunday but he is taking only a one-day break before resuming preparations to make a strong comeback in the Malaysian Open next week.

The 27-year-old Chong Ming, who has come out of retirement after quitting competitive international badminton last October, will be renewing a partnership with Chew Choon Eng for the Malaysian Open. They were together for five years before being split after the 2004 Athens Olympics.

“The Malaysian Open is just around the corner and I cannot afford to miss the training sessions (at the Gymnasium II in Bukit Jalil). One day is enough,” said Chong Ming.

Without any world ranking to their partnership, Chong Ming-Choon Eng will have to play in the qualifying tournament.

On Sunday, Chong Ming, who has world junior and Commonwealth Games
    titles to his name, ended his bachelorhood when he tied the knot with Janice Lee in a glittering function attended by almost the entire famed names of the Malaysian badminton fraternity.

5. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

honestly i hoped what stated above is just your opinion and not belittle...
    have a nice year ahead.....:D:D:D

6. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    Any latest picture of them great to seem them back in action again hope that they can do well:)

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    You will get to see them during Malaysia Open.

8. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

Great.
    another reason to go watch the qualifying round.

9. mahzan

mahzan Regular Member

project construction manager
    CCE-CCM might faced difficulties...no no, not skills but timing slot. They are up against Bona Sepanto-Ahsan Mohamad at 6.30pm. Shud they pass this one, they are up again at 9.00pm. Pass this test, next day they are in main draw up against fresh doubles team.

some smart scheduling eh? Let see if any coaches from any of the qualifiers complaint to the tourney organiser, BWF.

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Life at times will throw you a curve ball. Think Wong Mew Choo at last year's China Open. With respect to CCM/CCE's schedule, I think WMC path to victory in the CO was much much tougher.

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Both of them are used to play grueling matches.

12. emmsfan

emmsfan Regular Member

Student
    I bet they'll still be a force to be reckoned with....and I'm not being baised.
    So maybe they have passed their prime. but there are so many older players.
    We just have to see, then.....

13. scann

scann Regular Member

IT - Software
    3 months ago in an exhibition match against LWW/CTF. This is a short clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YMVAs8rzwA of them playing.

14. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    i watched the clip, it looks like they are really rusty....

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

from the Star, 14 Jan 2008

Victor boost for Chong Ming and Choon Eng

SHAH ALAM: Former national doubles star Chan Chong Ming secured a timely boost ahead of the Malaysian Open with a two-year sponsorship worth RM200,000 from sports equipment maker Victor yesterday.

Chong Ming will be renewing a partnership with Chew Choon Eng and they will play in a total of 14 tournaments for each of the two-year sponsorship.

The duo were the world's number one pair briefly in 2002 but their partnership was split after the 2004 Athens Olympics.

Chong Ming paired up with Koo Kien Keat and Hoon Thien How before he left Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) two months ago. Choon Eng, who was left without a regular partner, left the BAM in 2005.

The pair, however, will have to feature in the qualifying rounds of the Malaysian Open and Korean Open (Jan 22-27).

Chong Ming said that they were hoping to work their way up again.
    “We have no ranking points since we have not played together for a long time,” he said.
    “But I believe we still have what it takes to challenge on the world circuit.

The next two tournaments will just be the testing ground for us to get back into the competitive mood. We want to get among the top 32 in the world rankings before the year is over to enable us to get a place in the main draw.

“I am looking forward to playing in at the top level again and I have to thank Victor for giving me the chance to make a comeback.”
    Victor also have former Malaysian doubles player Hong Chieng Hun and China's former world number one Chen Hong under their banner.

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Saw the pic of the cheque handing over. With Zakaria Deros there .... hmmm??? :(

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

18. cute_tbh

cute_tbh Regular Member

Chong Ming will be renewing a partnership with Chew Choon Eng and they will play in a total of 14 tournaments for each of the two-year sponsorship.

The duo were the world's number one pair briefly in 2002 but their partnership was split after the 2004 Athens Olympics.

really???????

19. mahzan

mahzan Regular Member

project construction manager
    anyone at the putra stadium last nite? U guys missed the gigantic encounter between CCE-CCM vs Bona Septano-Ahsan Mohamad. It was a 3-sets thriller with both pairs neck to neck!!! Well, i was there cheering for the 2Cs! 'Ornag tua' (oldies) as they are labelled, they showed what they can do against a younger pair playing in the mold of marcus kido.
    The second game last nite was not that thrilled (I have to leave the stadium tho!) looking at the scoreline. The English pair whom was not that convincing in their previous match (which they won) b4 are they up vs 2Cs.
    Today (wed 16/1), they be up against Lee Jae Jin- Hwang Ji Man of South Korea, which are ranked 8 for this tourney. BEST OF LUCK Cs!!!
    I'll be there cherring for u again!! lost a bit of my husky voice last nite anyway...hehe!!

If any of you planning to watch the oldies playing...here is a good chance. The exhibition video of Cs playing against Tan Fook-Wan Wah is simply outdated! BE THERE or BE SQUARE!!!

cheers...

20. terry

terry Regular Member

I watch the 2 qualifying match. The first qualifying match, a bit slow pick for them especially CCE. He did alots of mistake and CCM cover him.

In second qualifying match, both of them show a very good defend game!. A good turn up in second qualifying round.

Lets wish them a good start for a new season.