should i ask her out?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by byrdy, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

You guys are all great, reading this thread kinda reminds of myself.
    Keep it going !

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Lol... You remind me about your long long thread as well. ;)

3. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    u guys are all expert ha?
    revealing ur secrets on how to approach a gal in public.
    isnt that improper?

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    All the approach is decent.. i dont think there is any problem.

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Need a good approach to avoid crash and burnnnnnnnn!

6. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

BCers' comments were made in good faith and in Public, not in Secret, that may be what you meant.

Besides, the subject of the discussion is a college student, not an underage teenage (minor). Any need for parental consent to approach her :confused:

7. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    hey, not really true. Back then I convinced a annoyed girl till she ended up as the one wanting to call me, although she made me call her.

8. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Awww I hate to think if I was in the same position as Byrdy, its all good giving advice when your not the one suffering the pains of being completely mesmerized by someone and the anxiety and sadness pains he feels must be unbelievable... Although it is kind of similar of what happened to me 2 years, thinking back to it I feel such a fool and silly but I guess I can laugh at all that nowadays.

It's really such a feeling when you for the first time meet someone you really like and they show a bit of interest in you as a friend maybe and is very warm and friendly, it gives you the feeling that you just may have a chance.

I really do feel for you dude, but trust me if this relationship between you two is not meant to be, it's not the end of the road. The skies won't fall and the earth won't sink, you just have to move on and in due time there will be someone just right for you. As long as you stay true to yourself and just be yourself. Don't go thinking crazy thoughts that just one girl rejected you (due to her having a boyfriend, and if she didn't reject you while she had a boyfriend then that would tell a lot about her character) doesn't mean that there are others that don't like you and find you very attractive. It's maybe because you just haven't met them yet, trust me life is long with lots of opportunities so just loosen up a bit and still enjoy the things you do until the right time comes.

9. byrdy

byrdy New Member

yep, I've going thru plenty of sadness and anxiety all right. I have to keep reminding myself to get over her as she has already rejected me - this is very hard to accept. I know there's plenty of others, but I can't find them because none of them have the same interests as me, such as badminton. plus, I'll never be able to live in the dorms. on the plus side, I'll get to see her again next week!

I wonder what to do then and afterwards. Whether to try to invite her to hang out or eat dinner together, or just be patient and get to know her better before doing such things. thanks for the advice everyone

#109 byrdy, Jan 3, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Instead of asking her out exclusively.. a group outing should be a good start.

11. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    u did made me think.
    but i dont think strategies n plans will help him.
    just let it go slow n steady.naturally.thats the best way to win her heart.

thats why the hollywood couples cant last for even 3 months.they planned to be someone's galfriend n boyfriend.why dont we just look at this person n decide she/he is the one.n dont planned anything to win their heart.just be their friend n see how things are.
    ask them for a lunch/dinner without any other intention.be a friend of theirs.

12. Nano7700

Nano7700 New Member

Well at least he knows where he stands, rather than wait and come up with alot of assumptions.

The only option is just being friends, most of them like chit chating. Who knows what that end up like.

A few of the girls i know have married their best friends, which weren't their original boyfriends.

Edit: Spelling

13. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    Just remember, everyone gets a knockback at some stage in their lives. The best looking men and women have all been rejected at some point.

I've been rejected loads of times. I've also done some rejecting as well. I don't think the women who rejected me thought of me in a bad way and I certainly don't think of any of the women I have rejected (admittedly a small number!) in a bad way. The first time always hurts though. I can remember feeling really empty and upset and having sleepless nights in the past. On the other hand I can remember trying to let a woman down easily and she just burst into tears in the coffee shop and just wouldn't stop crying! We are still friends though.

14. pijah

pijah Regular Member

Student
    You must be really handsome then. :D:D jk jk

15. crosscourt

Legal
    Maybe she was crying tears of joy? maybe she had won the bet with her friends to see if she could fool me!

seriously though, I heard a song the other day that said something like "Sometimes you kick and sometimes you get kicked". I've definitely been kicked more times than I have kicked!:crying:

16. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

But your kicks could be harder than the returning ones, thus caused more damages to the person on the receiving end, which could reverberate far and beyond, even bring family members and friends to the kicking contest if she has any. Just remember that next time you try to ... :eek::D

17. crosscourt

Legal
    heh heh Never kick anyone who comes from a large family. Especially if they have relatives called Vito and Paulie!

18. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

:eek: You're even beyond good looking category now, I think you're brainy too. Knowing her relatives even before knowing her is a rare trade :p I hope you did not learn that from our ABCD :D

19. crosscourt

Legal
    ABCD?

Seriously, surely I'm not the only person ever to have turned someone down? Come on, someone else must have done it...?

20. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

ABCD - the Agency of Badminton Central Detectives.., we're having some fun somewhere else :D

I was joking, and we all had turned someone down one time or another. Please don't feel guilty about it. Even after married, people divorce all the time, which is 100 times worse than turning someone down beforehand :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.