Why is Anthony Clark so Arrogant

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by d65up2, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

Okay. I'm sorry with my sarcasm.
    But neither Nathan said or think he is the best MD player.
    He loves his games, he keeps playing even he is the so called "nobody", so I think he has the right to react like everybody deserves. Not appropriate yes, but I rather see a rude player on court rather than a player cheat on court.

2. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    since when peter gade became so rude? and anyway none of us have the rights to say so and so is nothing, because if we are something then its definitely nothing.

3. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Culture

I wouldn’t say Gade or Nathan are Rude but simply we come from a different "Badminton Culture". Unlike Football, Badminton are consider more a gentleman game like golf in the west. Badminton player are polite and respect their opponent and not being fanatic like football fans. But in Asia, that's a different story :) SImply clash of culture :)

4. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    no way, badminton is not like golf. you know very well the shuttle does not roll into tiny holes in the ground! hahaha!

5. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Badminton is a gentleman game so should be played by gentleman...hehehehe enough said

the point is:

Anthony Clark should just go to work in Morrissons lol

6. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    I don't see anything wrong with shouting when you win a rally. It annoys me when you stare down at your opponent when you win a rally or pump your fist directly at them.

7. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Well, you wouldn't want to watch boxing matches :cool:

8. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    What could possibly happen man? People punching each other's face in?

9. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

nah, you'd never get that.
    boxing is such a gentle sport.
    :rolleyes:

10. pisanggoreng

pisanggoreng Regular Member

i got a fren who like shhhh ppl whenever we play badminton or football...this is because he thinks he's damn great and his mother dun bother to teach him a lesson or two bout manners.............same goes to nathan robertson

11. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    You don't see the best boxers float like a butterfly and sting like a bee, no.

12. pisanggoreng

pisanggoreng Regular Member

dun talk bout the birds and the bees

13. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    Oh dear ..... :(

14. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    It seems unfair to label Clarke as arrogant based on 2 incidents. I haven't seen the 'shhhh' incident but given that Clarke has been playing tournaments for a long time, if that's the only incident of alleged 'arrogance' then I think it's very unfair to label him as arrogant.

The incident on the train - well haven't a lot of Indonesians been lamenting the state of Indo badminton recently (both in this forum and elsewhere)?

15. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    From the post-bout swelling, the faces seem to be punched out :p

You believed that? :eek::eek:

16. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    wanna defend clarke? yes,sure.please do.

dont involve indonesians .they have nothing to do with this.
    "they have been lamenting the state of indo badminton recently".have they been rude ?thast the question.and 4 me,i dont think so.
    just dont provoke them, please.

17. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    To V3I HONG here..

Well..that's just my personal opinion.I wasn't "trade-marking" clark,n I wasn't disrespecting anyone here,am i?I just thought that clark isn't supposed to do so,esp in men's doubles,since most of players shouts,am i right?..regardless who's he playing with.
    Besides,like i said,it's my personal opinion.

The decision of whether it's offensive or not,is made from those points..from how popular these players are.Don't u think so?Just imagine between 2 players playing..one a very old player(career),n one is a new player.Another one,both of them r very old players.Which one that ppl might talk more,if incase the "shhh..."ing happends?

Let's put it this way..ur oldest pair,LWW,CTF..not urs,but malaysian i meant..i'm afraid u'll get it wrong..like u did with my comment.:eek:

They shouts alot rite?Like any doubles players..then suddenly,someone unknown(by u)..actually he played in alot of tournaments already,but u never seen him played b4.U respected ur pair alot.Maybe for u,they r legends.They have fight 4 ur country for more than 10 years.N somehow,when they shout in a game,the opponent "shhhh.."ing him..wouldnt u feel the same with us?Even though maybe this might not be the incident that ppl would talk about..but won't u feel that somehow that guy shouldn't do so to ur respected player?

Btw,did i talk trash about Clark?How come u said i didn't respect him?:confused::confused:..or u simply just looking for a trouble between us?hehe..i dont care though..

#57 Smichz, Dec 5, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  18. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    sorry, wasn't trying to provoke anyone!;) I was just trying to say that there are many people who would share Clarke's alleged view on Indonesian badminton. Even if the incident did take place I am not sure it could be classed as arrogant.

My apologies if I have offended anyone:eek:

19. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    it should be ok if u didnt mean to do that.
    good enough.

20. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

After all the blatant allegations, now that wasn't trade marking? I wish I can say something negative about you, like being stupid in a forum but really it just my opinion and I wasn't disrespecting you. See?
    And like i said, it's my personal opinion.

Imaging everyone can says anything without holding the responsibility and whenever confronted, they just step back and automatically pop out the words, "it's just my opinion okay?"

And I apologize for saying you are stupid because Im sure you don't like it even it is just my opinion.

NO. and NO.
    This is the whole point about.
    Look back at what I said. Which part of it that you can't comprehend or find it so hard to swallow that you conveniently ignore them.
    A moral issues is never about your popularity. What's wrong and right doesn't change on how popular and respectable someone are. In fact, the more respectable one would be expected to behave more because of their influences.
    If you have to put it that way, If Nathan is nobody to Chandra then you are nobody to Nathan either. You doesn't even have the right to criticize him because you are nothing compare to him in badminton world.
    So you are contradicting your own self.

And to use your logic, it is rude for you to argue or disagree with someone who join this forum before you. They are old forumer, you are new forumer.
    Should we now make the decision of if your 2 cents are worthless from how popular you are in the forum?

Not relevant.
    You trying to make issues out of something not relevant again.
    Drop the old and new and start looking into real issues.

oh humor that really is.
    I said their glory is not your ego. Not they are yours.
    A really good example if you pick LWW/CTF because they are well respected in my books.
    But if they are really shouting too much, then they deserved to be asked to shut up. They are players, and they should play by the rules.
    I leave that to you that shouting and shhhhhing is something right or wrong but my point is it never use a double standard on people.

if you keep using those "new players and old players" craps then I will have to agree that you talk trash about Clark. And by saying those, you now saying you actually have respect for him? and you :confused: forget about your stance on Nathan now? I think you look for trouble yourself the time when you first posted the logically twisted babble in a public forum.
    Of course you don't care. ;)

#60 V3i HoN6, Dec 6, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.