Congrats Wmc!

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by zqloy, Nov 25, 2007.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i also want to add my congratulations to Wong Mew Choo. i watched all 3 matches that WMC played against ZL, ZN and XXF. WMC has the proper fighting spirit that shows what a champion is all about. no matter when she is winning or losing, she still keep playing and keep working very hard and never let down. i believe many players need to learn that from her.

as for jamarzi your comment. WMC was also very moved the moment she won the match. but i think happiness took over and she kept the joyful tear to herself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Actually WMC would have already been assured of a place even before CO as there are 3 CHN players among top-8 and only 2 of them could participate. Of course the worry was that if she was or will be eliminated at early rounds of CO and HKO, Tine, who is one rung below her, might overtake her.

Now that with CHN likely to skip the event, WMC didn't even need to win the title to be assured of a place.

3. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    You are channelling your voodoo power to WMC ??? What's going to happen to LCW ??:D Her game has improved tremendously and the style resemble LCW, is she sparring with LCW ? Exciting and looking forward to her winning more tournaments. Someone, please let her know the Chinese will be gunning for her the next time. Make sure HH stays away from her:p

4. Goh TW

Goh TW Regular Member

:DWell done wong M C, keep it up

5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I can imagine LCW saying little sweet words in her ears and teaching her how to beat the hell out of the Chinese players.:D;)

6. victory

victory Regular Member

we all hope WMC will keep improving and winning for sure. But we also need to remember winning and losing is normal in sports and in life. Expecting her to do the same in HK open may be is a little to harsh. She won the CHN open title by beating a whole team of top Chinese players shows that she is one of the top players in the world now. However, I think we need to give her time and space to go one level up to high consistency. Please remember that even the legendary Zhang Ning really start to blossom at the age of 26 or so. Wang Chen also become more consistent at the later part of ther career. Even current world number one XXF often experience up and down in form.Also look at Zhung Lin, who had just won World Champion in KL and got eliminated at learly rounds in following opens. And these are the mighty chinese team who has the best of every thing in training and coaching . Most importantly, they have world class teammate to spar with( also to compete with!). Whereas for WMC she has to spar with players that is weaker than her. Why do you think BAM brought in Zhou Mi to spar with her in order to prepare for major tournament? You can see how important the role of sparring partner. But she doesn't have one strong one. Besides, she is fighting alone in international tournatments. The Chinese has group advantage. And after she won the title in China, you can bet with your last dime the chinese will make full use of whatever advantage against her. They will start to watch her matches hundreds of time.

So don't be surprise there will be stronger challenges or even faillure for her in future. But this is part of the game.

Most importantly we MAS and WMC fans need to understand the situations and support our players good time and bad time.

Also someone ealier implied that her win may be due to luck. If you see the way she won the matches you will know that is not luck. Besides she has the record of beating top Chinese players and " non chinese players" many times, not just one time.Even the Chinese coahces admitted WMC has her own strenghts and has regarded her as one of the top challengers to the Chinese team.

7. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Hope that WMC's success could inspire her teammates CEH/WPT. The duo was at one stage (2 years back?) showing their potential to be nemeses of CHN but look at where they are now - on the verge of falling out of WR top-10.

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

WMC is fitter than Tine but Tine is no flash in the pan.Once Tine builds up her fitness and stamina,she'll be a WS title contender again.WMC may go out in R1 of HKO and it'll be a blessing in disguise.She needs the unscheduled break to recover for Korat.So nothing to lose there.But I think HKO will set up a smelly court for her if she faces a CHN WS.

9. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

I second that. After such tough competition in CO, i think given even her excellent fitness, she couldn't sustain that long, not to mention her leg injury.

10. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Yes, I dun think she could repeat the same feat. Remember Boonsak upset LD and ChenYu to win SG Open then to lose in INA Open first round (to taufik) the next week?

Why "smelly court" in HK? I thought HKO and CO are seperate entities (badminton-ly correct but politically incorrect)? Just curious, nothing else.

If she plays in KORAT(SEA Games), she will be a strong gold contender with Lili. wish them luck. (sorry, off topic)

11. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Yes, when she was interviewed by Chinese media after her gallant win over XXF, she naughtily quipped, "It would be the best if I can go for a break now." She might just speak her heart although her mind tells her that there's HKO ahead. I will be forgiving if she is eliminated at early rounds - it had been quite an exhaustive week for her, both physically and mentally.

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Same umpires, similar linesmen as CO.If you followed HKO06, you will understand. Oh, and watch out for our little Singapore umpire who may grace HKO and try to be the star of his matches again.

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i agree on all counts.

at this point in time, WS professional players are all pretty even in terms of skill. it is impossible and totally unwise to expect your favorite player to win every single tournament, we cannot even say that for XXF, ZN, ZL, so the same can be said for WMC. if she wins a couple of titles a year it is already pretty darn good achievement.

14. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Where did you get this piece of info? HK-BA should have their own empires & judges. They don't need to "import" people from mainland China.

15. Lennethe

Lennethe Regular Member

i can see her play is like "almost" same as chong wei (not as good as him), all the net plays......so similar

16. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

May be they have been sparring with each other as the way they go for dating ...:rolleyes:

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Its reminded me..of Maradona....the hand of god...:D:D:D

Well done...WMC.....you malaysian proud..;).....LOVE YOU SO MUCH...:p

18. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Errrr, in case you dont know, it's an open secret that LCW is her boyfriend. They prefer to keep that low profile - I never see LCW carrying WMC's bag, sitting close to her during tournaments, not on camera at least.

Apparently China's media asked her how she and LCW going to celebrate if both of them win titles in China Open. After LCW won Semis against CJ, RTM commentator said 'LCW is waving to WMC'.

I suppose LCW give her tips on their own time since they have different coaches and train at different venues.

And don't worry, Hafiz & WMC dont train together, Hafiz's 'aura' wont get to her. I see that Wong Choon Hann's fighting spirit has gotten to her - they have same coach, so she's learning positive things from seniors, not -ve things, he he.

Btw, there are a few instances where I thought her style also similar to Wong Choon Hann. Or could it be the coach WOng Tat Meng's style?? Any one of you know? I never saw Tat Meng play, so I wouldnt know.

#98 eaglehelang, Nov 26, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Yup, WMC improved a lot ever since BAM allowed the women to spar with the men. I'm noticed that even China's top female players dont really play like the male players.

Actually, can female players play the men's style effectively? They dont seem to for singles. For WD, sometimes I see it.

20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Tat Meng.

I guess most player will have their own style. Tat Meng didn't show much during his days as all the lime light was taken up by Rashid, Soon Kit and Yoke Meng. He certainly has got a more bushy hair during the younger days.:D Now looked very innocent and decent.:D He certainly did well to guide WMC to this 'CLASSIC' win. Wonder if this can be repeated. Well done coach!:D

Btw, there are a few instances where I thought her style also similar to Wong Choon Hann. Or could it be the coach WOng Tat Meng's style?? Any one of you know? I never saw Tat Meng play, so I wouldnt know.[/quote]