Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. chity hour

chity hour Regular Member

agree with u but........
    what to do
    thing's already happen
    sabar lor :eek::eek::eek:

2. eastma

eastma Regular Member

student
    yup... no doubt bout that... u can check it yourself at chong wei's friendster....:cool::cool::cool:

3. eastma

eastma Regular Member

student
    yeah!!!! :mad::mad::mad:... that line judge!!!!:mad::mad::mad:.... but i know he will make it back in HK open.... :D:D:D

4. littlemonkey

littlemonkey Regular Member

student
    hate the linesmen and the umpire..they just not fair..

can't wait hong kong super series..hope LCW can 'balas dendam':D

5. eastma

eastma Regular Member

student
    i don know y they use chinese umpire... they shouldn't as Bao CL is chinese... so not fair....

6. RSLdude

RSLdude Regular Member

Manager
    congrats to LCW and BCL! [​IMG]cheers!

7. limbo88

limbo88 Regular Member

the friendster is not his actually it is a fake!!! im am a good friend of LCW he doesnt have these things as people can make stories up on them

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    As far as i know LCW does not have a friendster account.

9. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Is life ever fair????

Lets look at the Malaysian Open for example, have we not had Malaysian linesman or umpires officiating when our shuttlers are playing??

But put that all aside, lets look at yesterday's game. Do you not agree that BCL was top rate?

Winning and losing, it is all part and parcel of the game. A true champion is one who is gracious in defeat and humble in victory. And LCW has a long way to go to learn this noble trait.

10. fishyjojo

fishyjojo Regular Member

tut tut! read again, i'm not saying that lcw lost due to the bad calls. he probably admitted it himself that bcl was the better player on that day. having an umpire from the same country as one of the players/camps in any sport or any tournament like badminton per se is never fair in my book.

11. ants

ants Regular Member

I think LCW did well. No doubt he was not happy about the calls. But he did praise Bao for playing well. And from his smile.. i think he is humble enought to admit that he lost to a better player.

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

If a true champion is defined as one who is gracious in defeat and humble in victory, then LCW is the one! Who else do you think fits your description?
    You come in, making superior sounding judgements and make a fool of yourself by not recognising the obvious.You would make an excellent politician: Superior talk, inferior analysis.

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

'tut tut'?? Hmmm ... creative.

Well, then judge not only the China Open. It should be applied universally.

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

LCW did well in the semis, yes.

In the final, his weak temperament came into play. I have said it a few times, in terms of skills and technical ability, I rate LCW up there with the best there is. What separate LCW from Lin Dan, for example is the mental toughness.

LCW was clearly affected by a few calls that went against him. And this ultimately affected his overall game plan, coupled with the fact that BCL playing extremely well yesterday, the men singles was easily decided in 2 sets.

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Try Morten Frost for one. Yang Yang for another.
    LCW had a poor game yesterday. He was outplayed by BCL and after a few calls that went against him, he completely lost the plot.

Dude, if you want to resort to petty insults, let me put it to you that you are sounding like a gnat.

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Lets talk about Lindan's lost to LCW few years back in Malaysia Open. LCW did the unthinkable when he was in a brink of defeat as he trailed Lindan 12-19 and the LCW went to secure the match and Malaysia Open.. mental toughness? And see what Lindan did after that... well i would not want to bring it up.. since i also dont want to disrespect Lindan since he is my friend. But i just want to prove a point that LCW has improved alot and deserve his place in among the best. No doubt he is not perfect and same goes to other players, but he did what he could. His win in French Open and his matches in Denmark Open.. playing with an injured knee.. that is not easy too, it does need mental toughness.

17. fishyjojo

fishyjojo Regular Member

sorry about the "tut tut" part. you were getting quite agressive so i reacted sarcastically.
    anyway, yes i do apply it universally, like what i said, in any sport and in any tournament. :cool:

18. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Dude, lets put all facts on the table, shall we??

Lets look at the super series, world championships and All Englands titles. You will see that Lin Dan won more than LCW by a mile. Zero in on the WC titles, Lin Dan got two back to back. LCW how?? All England, Lin Dan got 3. LCW how??

Just by looking at the titles (major ones), it is already concluded that Lin Dan has the better temperament and mental toughness plus the consistency over LCW.

Look at what happened to LCW in the WC in KL this year??

I have never said that LCW has never improved as a player. Infact, I rate him up there amongst the best today in terms of skills and technique (believe I have said this a few times), but when it comes to mental toughness, LCW still has a long way to go.

And whether Lin Dan is your friend or not, facts are facts.

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

'Aggressive"??? Suggest you re-read back my posting earlier :rolleyes:

Funny... in the Malaysian Open, we have Malaysian umpires/linesmen officiating our shuttlers and you never make a single noise. But after yesterday's beating of LCW, you are ranting about unfair officiating etc.

Kinda hypocritical and bordering on being a bitter loser.

20. fishyjojo

fishyjojo Regular Member

i'm sorry, but with how you talk now i will stick to my point. you are needlessly agressive. we can always argue without being tactless. right now, you're even jumping to conclusions. i like bcl better than lcw. i'm not even malayisan. i've never seen the malaysian open. heck, i don't know who won the malaysian open! why on earth would i border on being a bitter loser?? i call a spade a spade. i thought the officiating in the finals of the china open was unfair. and if the umpire was malaysian in the finals of the malaysian open, then i totally agree that it was unfair.
    you're too high-strung, dude. go have a walk