Why BAO Chunlai won?(Why LEE CW lost?)

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by LI De Quan, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    I think putting an opinion here is always waste of space bcoz it aint gonna change a thing!

2. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

BCL played very well because LCW resigned from competing further in the match, mindwise.

3. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    you're spot on.;)

4. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Well said... u should use the word "refrained" to replace "resigned". :)

5. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    You forgot to add that your boy was acting rebellious and his game plan crumble. Sad, he couldn"t overcome

6. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

haiya, don't have to say more, what done is done...this will be never ending story...as far as we know what is happening, that's enuff...instead of wasting time here to fight...why don't go sign the petition...

so, Kwun, close this, please!

7. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    i think the petition will be of no use............just 2 hundred ppl have done it. BWF won't even consider reading them.

8. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

that is y we need more people to sign...sikit-sikit, lama-lama jadi bukit (gather bit by bit, and the number will become huge, 积少成多)

we want a cleaner n fairer game!

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

1) If you think that's rebellious, it's nothing compared to what Taufik or Lin Dan would have done. And both are top players. Taufik would have just carried his bag and walked off the court. Lin Dan would have argued, ranted then Li Yong Bo would have joined suit.

2) If you think that's rebellious, Park, the Korean MS player, after a bad line call/fault, kicked the shuttle (I think) in the Semis against Bao.

3) If you think that's rebellious, the top Korean MD, Lee/Jung, walked out at the end of 3rd set, just to make a statement about the unfair line judging.

4) If you think that's rebellious, Sudket and Saralee in XD Semis was also arguing with umpire for some time, demonstrating that his actions was not a fault. Even the GD Sports commentator said in a low tone that only if arms over the net(playback showed his arms were far from net), then only its a fault.

It effected his play after that, he dared not play near the net. Thankfully, they were at match point when the fault happened.

Hmmm, any others that I missed from earlier rounds ??

10. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Aiya... If u cant beat them, join them ;)

11. kcc678

kcc678 New Member

Firstly congratulations to BCL despite myself being a Malaysian fan. I feel that BCL played really well in the sense that he really wanted to win. In the previous tournaments BCL always seems to lack the desire but today and yesterday he was really pumped up. I guess it would have been a closer game if the line calls were better. I am really disappointed with standard of refereeing and the line calls were dubious. I guess that really had an effect on LCW. LCW was just unable to concentrate after a string of bad line calls which explains the score line. But again we should discount BCL's performance today as he played really well today.

After today's game I am very worried about Olympics in 2008. This is not the first time that dubious line calls appeared in a tournament in China. Do you guys remember Thomas Cup in 2002 (held in Guangzhou) during the semi-finals when Malaysia beat China 3-1??? The tournament was filled with so much venom because the line judges were clearly favoring their own country I even remembered that there was a call that was so bad that th shuttle was at least 2-3 inches out but was called in. The television replays really made the Chinese officials look like bad losers.

#31 kcc678, Nov 25, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  12. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    what do u mean?? converting the nationality?? :D:D:D

13. eastma

eastma Regular Member

student

#2- he looks fine to me
    #3- sure! cw is such a calm player... so if he complaints, there's got to be something wrong....
    #4- he has strong mental but he a bit lost focus today... just a bit...

14. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

hahahahaha, good one.;)

15. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

sorry, i just meant we should DO the SAME during Msia Open :eek: (just kidding)

16. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    yeah we both should volunteer ourselves to be the umpire.............:D:D:D

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    BCL win.

Well said. Just cool it and give credit to the winner. After all everyone is badminton fan and wants to see the favourite player wins. You'll have your chances.:D In this series in terms of mens singles, very much dominated by china and malaysia so far. Perhaps other country can buck up a bit and give some resistance to spread out the wins.:D

18. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

If I were the umpire, I would refuse their request to get ball boy to mop the slippery floor. Instead, I'll wet the floor :eek::p (Kidding only)

19. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

first of all, i'm a taufik and ld fan...
    after watching the game, i thought that BCL was somehow closing in to the level of LCW, TH and LD...

anyhow, i feel for LCW and BCL... there are 5 questionable calls... 3 of which i think were wrong.... (please, i hope i don't offend anybody) these calls, in my opinion, stole some of the glory that was obviously deserved by BCL...

in this game, BAO was incredibly good at flat drive exchanges and his defense was just so good this time... I also have never seen him this aggressive in his games, using his height so well to earn points... he's like emulating LD, punishing you with a sharp smash...

20. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

i would also like to commend LCW for the exceptional sportsmanship that he has shown today... i thought he wasn't gonna shake BCL's hand after the game... but there he was, LHisAO...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.