China Super Series 2007 - Day 6 (Nov 25) - Finals

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by LI De Quan, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    today we shall see a record for malaysia to win either game. lets do the dance.

2. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Msia may go home empty handed, just on a cautious note. WMC is at least one par below XXF and very likely WMC's gallant run will end today with a defeat. LCW vs BCL? LCW has the upper hand but BCL is NOT playing alone (line judge, service judge + empire = BCL winning) :eek::cool:

3. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    my predictions for the finals:

the cracking of the Great Wall?

Lee Chong Wei vs. Bao Chunlai
    This is the third setup for a Super Series Final. Both prior times Lee prevailed in 2 straight sets, and Bao had to settle for runner up position. Bao seems to posses some kind of jinx in the finals of all tournaments, being runner up in 4 Super Series tournament, rightfully earning the title: Mr. Runner Up. Lee exhibited incredible patience and shot making in his 3 set triumph in yesterday's semifinal against Chen Jin, but he will not be going in on a stamina high, thanks to the 2 consecutive games that went the whole way. Bao will have the stamina advantage, thanks to the walkover from Chen Hong courtesy of our favorite coach Li Yongbo. Therefore, I think this match will be closer than the last few encounters. However, Lee should win eventually, in 3 sets.

Wong Mew Choo vs. Xie Xingfang
    Although I would like Wong to win her maiden Super Series title, Xie is the first seed and world number 1. Xie's speed was impressive, and the key to unsettling her is to commit less unforced errors and play the bread and butter shots flawlessly. When Xie is faced with such shots, she will start to panic. However, Wong is just not good enough to unsettle Xie yet, and Xie would take this match in 2 sets.

full article: The Badminton Blog - China Open Finals Prediction

4. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

I suppose XXF and ZN are at the same league. If WMC can beat ZN, she can beat XXF too (which she did before). Of course, ZN lost mainly because she was nervous and XXF must not be crumbled by pressure. She is the last woman standing to keep the CO WS title in China. Should she lose, it will probably the first time ever that CHN WS occupy 3 sf berths in a tournament and yet loses the title to the only non-Chinese. I can sense the tremendous pressure for her since the moment WMC jumped in joy after taking the match point from ZN.

If the final were BCL vs. CJ, BCL doesn't necessarily win. Since LCW could beat CJ (and judging from how the line/service judges and empire judged yesterday, CJ was indeed playing alone), he could beat BCL too.

I'm not predicting that both WMC and LCW will definitely win. My point is that I don't quite agree with your reasoning.

5. littlemonkey

littlemonkey Regular Member

student
    hope WMC can achieve her first SS title today.. u can beat XXF mew choo!!!
    lee chong wei..aja aja fighting!!!

6. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    Zhang and Xie win games differently. Zhang wins using deception, which failed yesterday. Xie wins using speed, did you see how she outpaced Pi in Paris? But our WMC is fast too... it'll be interesting today...

7. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Should be the 3rd, this is the 3rd Super Series final featuring both players. LCW won both finals before. Japan doesn't count, LCW met Taufik in final.

It is also their 5th meeting in Super Series, with the score now at 2-2.

8. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Yap! Your reasoning sounds more valid than "WMC is one par below XXF" as the reason for WMC's likely loss. Try replace XXF with ZN (which is true also) in the latter statement and think about WMC's win.

I see. I thought you were merely counting how many SS titles won by LCW.

9. PlayaFromMalaya

PlayaFromMalaya Regular Member

Student
    i really think bao will win today :D

10. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    XXF doesn't just have speed, she has attacking sting beyond compare. When she's in form and her hairdo is decent, that is ...... :D

On the other hand, she is still not as composed as Zhang Ning, probably the reason why she lost in Japan to Tine. Come to think of it, even Zhang Ning has lost some of her composure, looking at how she played yesterday and in Japan and World Championships.

But rest assured the CHN coaching committee from LYB to XXF's defeated teammates and boyfriend would have created a grand strategy for XXF to come out on tops. They are playing in CHN after all, and need the win to maintain pride. WMC will find the going really tough this afternoon.

Yet, what I like most is the belief from all non-CHN WS players that they can dent the Chinese Wall. In the previous 2 decades, we saw only a handful of players (Susi Susanti/Bang Soo Hyun/Camilla Martin) taking the fight to China. Now the challenge comes from even non-traditional badminton powerhouses like Russia, Bulgaria, Germany and Holland. And we are not talking about ex-CHN players .......

Olympics-wise, China will be hard pressed to win XD and WS in addition to the already too competitive MS and MD. Their only firm stronghold is WD, that too has been breached once in China Masters ......

11. littlemonkey

littlemonkey Regular Member

student
    LCW performs consistent so far..i think he will win in the china open..:):):):):)

#71 littlemonkey, Nov 24, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  12. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    come on malaysians!!! i believe that u both couple can do it!!!

LEE CHONG WEI & WONG MEW CHOO!!! come on!!! ROCKSSS on for malaysia!!!

13. olympic

olympic Regular Member

LCW vs BCL;WMC vs XXF--These 4 players are fired up throughout the tournament, they have an 50:50 chance to grab the titles...the one who have the better game plan and mental toughness would prevail.

My heart will go for LCW and WMC to win but would be sastisfy if we could watch and enjoy some exciting matches here in CO. May the best player to win.

14. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    My prediction
    Lee vs BCL:I predict Lee to win but he can't def BCL easily!!:)
    XXF vs WMC:I predict XXF will win but I will stil support Wong...:)
    Lilyana/Nova vs Sudket/Saralee:50-50...it wil be an exciting match!!;)
    Markis/Hendra vs Chn's MD:I hope Markis/Hendra wil def Chn's MD n win the title..Chn's MD dun hav much experience compare to Markis/Hendra.So,Hendra/Markis hav the bigger chance to win the title!!;)
    MALAYSIA BOLEH!!:);):D:D

15. ricksakti

ricksakti Regular Member

Surgeon
    Great Job for Malaysian, Two players in the final. Hopefully they can give a good night kiss to LYB.

16. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I am wishing for a titanic struggle. Whoever wins doesn't really matter, what we need are quality matches (preferably long drawn). More like Japan Open, not like the practically one sided French Open ....

Still hoping for INA and MAS victories in the 4 disciplines. It is kinda hard to prefer Nova/Lilyana over Sudket/Saralee, the Thais are just GRRREAT!!!! Good thing Sudket is good-natured, if he were like Gade, the umpire would have been in deep trouble. Maybe we should check the BWF rulebook, how did the fault decision come into being (just for waving racquet up).

17. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

If u watch the XD semi final (Thailand vs CHN), u should know what i meant. Clearly, Thai pair (especially SaraLee) played much better but the umpire + service judge tried to avoid the CHN team from losing (CHN was down 15-20) by calling service fault + receiver fault on two consecutive occassions where the tension was intensed.

I think this is what I called "Home ground advantage", nothing new to the game. I just hope the MS title will be won by the best man on court with fair play, and no questionable and unbiased calls.

LCW vs BCL (umpire+line judges+service judge) : 49.9 : 51.1 :D
    WMC vs XXF (umpire + line judges+servuce judge = N/A): 30 : 70 :eek:

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    hear hear!! i hope for the same. if all 5 matches stretches to 3 games it will be a real treat for us badminton fans. and to be honest, most of them are quite close and can really be possible!

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

20. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

Hello, 49.9 + 51.1 = 101% ... LOL:D:D:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.