Upgrading to a new Racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by rcbhs, Nov 2, 2007.

1. rcbhs

rcbhs New Member

Well i might need alot of help with this one considering its my first time buying a good high-end racquet...

im 17 and in good shape, play a fair amount and would rate myself - on the higher end of intermediate

my first racquet i got 3 years ago at canadian tire...back then i knew nothing about it and got the lightest one i could find, an carlton airblade lite :)

it has served me well and ive gotten quite use to it, but now after 3 long years, i think its time for a change

the only racquet that came to mind after hours of searching and etc is the nanospeed 9000 S...i dont have the opportunity to try any racquets so i need to buy one purely on reviews :S

im offensive player who has a decent smash with slightly lower defensive skills, my drop shots are average...

thanks for the advice

2. shaoyut

shaoyut Regular Member

try armotec 700 or even nanospeed 7000

3. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Would you like a racquet which suits your playing style, or would you rather have a racquet which may improve your defense ?
    As shaoyut said, armortec 700 might suit you well because of it's head-heaviness for the offense. You could also try other brands such as SOTX and Apacs to save some money too.

4. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    try Victor maybe?

5. Stijn

Stijn Regular Member

Student
    Or why don't you stick with Carlton?
    The NS9000 is a great racket (have one myself), but It'll be a costly mistake if you don't like it :).

6. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    carlton fireblades are good, i've used the previous powerblade series

7. rcbhs

rcbhs New Member

hmm well, i guess i was mostly influenced by my doubles partner...he currently uses a nanospeed 8000, ive hit with it a couple of times but never got the chance to really TRY it cuz we're always soo busy atm...he tells me that the nanospeed 8000 is a great racket and the 9000 will suit me well :)

as for the other brands, never tried them or even considered lol

im not entirely sure, i think my lack of defensive skills is due to my footwork...i have a tendency to jump off my backfoot for smashes and constantly clear off my backfoot hence im often out of position :S

i am trying to correct that as quick and as best as i can