French Open 2007 - Day 4 - Nov 2nd - Quarter-finals

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by robin7, Nov 1, 2007.

1. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Malaysians in action

4:15PM MS Yan Kit CHAN v Chong Wei LEE [2] - LEE should prevail.

4:40PM MD Markis KIDO/ Hendra SETIAWAN [3] v Tan Fook CHOONG/Wan Wah LEE [5] - An interesting match. The INA duo are still looking for their first Super Series title of the year whereas the MAS veterans will be avenging their loss in the WC. The INA will win in two tight sets or 3 thrilling rubber sets.

6:00PM MD Kien Keat KOO/Boon Heong TAN [1] v Tadashi OHTSUKA/Keita MASUDA - The top seeds should take it.

6:25PM WS Ella DIEHL v Mew Choo WONG - WONG has the edge.

2. zamnabe

zamnabe Regular Member

Student
  3. chemile

chemile Regular Member

My prediction for Indonesian player in QF:

Those matches are tough indeed, and I think most of Indonesian players will stop out.

MS:
    Taufik Hidayat vs Lin Dan.... classic match from two best players in the world. Eventough TH is not in top rank, he is the one who can beat Lin Dan. However Lin Dan is on top performance and more stable than TH. All badminton mania must wait this biggest match in French SS.

MD
    Luluk/Alvent vs Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun Quite surprise that LH/AY can pass through to QF and won from GZ/XX. This also classic match since few years ago LH/AY have been No.1 Indonesian pair, and several times won the matches. But, following the last performance, I think FHF/CY will win easily.

Markis/Hendra vs Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah Another great and tough match. With the experience and also the best defense game plan, the 'old crack' pair will be very difficult to beat. Otherwise, MK/HS shown stable performance.

WD
    Jo Novita/Greysia Polii vs Aki Akao/Matsuda Well, good achievement from Greysia/Jo after injured rest. Japanese girls also shown good performance with beat Koreans No. 3 world rank. With the motivation and energy from Polii, they slightly edge to go to SF and will meet Chinese pair.

XD
    Vita Marissa/Flandy vs Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Yu Mi... After beaten easily in WD Vita may concern in XD. I think with their experience, Korean pair will be managed easily...

Lilyana/Nova vs Thomas Laybourn/Kamilla Ryter Juhl Another interesting and tough matches. I concern with Lilyana performance. She showed not good performance in last few tournaments, and worried about this. I hope she can show the best tomorrow. Laybourn/Juhl is dangereous pair, and they look more stable in last SS. If Indonesian pair can pass this match, one ticket to Final will be on hand.

4. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    KKK/TBH and LCW are pretty obvious favourites.

Ella has very strong results. Will be close with WMC.

MK/HS usually has trouble when they come up against MAS top two pairs, but CTF/LWW has been shaky lately. 50-50.

5. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    LJJ/HYM has been pretty solid lately. It won't be an easy match. In fact I predict the Koreans to win. Also I think Nota/Butet will win.

Agree with the rest of your predictions. Taufik and Lin Dan will be interesting. Taufik has not been 100% but Lin can bring the best out of him. Still think Lin has the edge though.

6. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Agreed with you.. Its about time for the KOREAN to shine in XD after several attempt was failed since they switch partner :rolleyes:

7. damouse

damouse Regular Member

My take on the Malaysians in action:

Lee Chong Wei (MAS) vs. Chan Yan Kit (HKG): Lee should be able to take this match quite easily - his very convincing win over Simon Santoso yesterday proved that he is quite in form. Although Chan did beat Yoyo King aka Hafiz...well...I don't know what to say as I didn't watch the match and cannot assess his performance, but Hafiz IS the creator of the Hafizâ„¢ syndrome.

Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong (MAS) vs.Ohtsuka Tadashi/Masuda Keita (JPN): Koo/Tan will win this easily on paper; but seeing how they had struggled a little for their two opening round matches, and how the Japanese pair brushed aside the upcoming Gunawan/Riyadi rather easily, there is a very slim chance for a possible upset. Koo/Tan need to keep their heads together and not buckle if they happen to be trailing - their first round match is a good indication of them keeping their cool, let's hope that will prevail. I really want to see them through to the semis (and I know I probably cannot stay up for the livescore :()!

Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah (MAS) vs. Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan (INA): Very tough call to make. 50-50 at most for me. I give the slight edge to Choong/Lee simply because they seem to perform well against the top ranked pairs, better than they would against lower ranked pairs. They are out to redeem their shocking DO opening round defeat and will go all out to fight the INA pair. However, Kido/Setiawan will be looking to break the duck against their record with Koo/Tan and will want the semi-final against the world #1. Could go either way, it depends on their form and experience tonight.

Wong Mew Choo (MAS) vs. Ella Diehl (RUS) - I give Wong the edge because she is more experienced than Diehl. However she should be cautious of Diehl who seems to be on form after beating Zhu Lin.

...And I just realised I predicated all the Malaysians to win. Let's hope so! Malaysia Boleh!

edit: adding on a prediction for THE Match of The Day:

Taufik Hidayat (INA) vs. Lin Dan (CHN): Most anticipated match of French Open and of all Opens possibly...and I give Taufik the edge. Although Lin Dan's form seems better than Taufik's at the moment, Taufik can be lethal if he wants to. I'm thinking that he will be lethal tonight for he will want to avenge previous losses with Lin Dan. Taufik will go all out and when he does, watch out!

#7 damouse, Nov 1, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  8. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Architect Assistant, Piano Teacher

Mine as above
    Ages since the last time i posted prediction:cool::cool::cool:

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Look...^^

..who's back in the mix;):cool:...Are you going to stay around, in BC, for the last few days of the French Open, Angela??..:confused::);)

10. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

11. oyl928

oyl928 Regular Member

Engineer
  12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

TH will win with crowd support.And the French are unlike the Brits: the French are known to be rather vocal about who they want to win.

13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Great to have you back.

14. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

I hope i can stay here again, although a bit out now... Will be catching up this few days hopefully :) Ok, Lets see whats next for this tournament...

15. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

i'm sorry to say, but my French friends like LD more, simply because of his personality and particularly his 3 All England Titles.

16. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    apa kabar? long time no see u in here!! haha :D

i think MK/HS has edge over CTF/LWW... has not won against da indonesians for a loooonnnggg time... hopefully today will be something diff! :D

17. nauyuchi

nauyuchi Regular Member

hehehe.... kkk/tbh...
    support them forever

18. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
    Is there any live online???

19. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Thats why i predicted INA will beat MAL pair :)

20. steffi_annie

steffi_annie Regular Member

student
    I was looking at the tournament software just now....and I saw that there's channels that are showing live for today matches....
    but I don't know where to watch......
    go to the tournament software and seach for the matches for today....u can see the channels behind the players names...