Rexy's vision......the ugly hidden part behind the glory......

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by alfa-2, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

The problem is there is no one in sight -- pretty sure BAM's patience is wearing thin on HH but until we see a few of the younger ones playing like LCW (or even like HH), HH's 'used by date' as you called it has been extended indefinitely.

Though I agree with you that he is really weak, I also heard the same said of LCW not too long ago (maybe not from you but definitely someone here mentioned that of LCW too). For that same reason I would like to see until the end of this year, whether HH would collect anymore 'hardware' before I call him a 'waste of good money'.

2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I agree LCW is weak too mentally.. Infact, its a Malaysian kind of problem actually. But HH is pretty bad if we compare him with LCW. HH is not only weak mentally, he is inconsistent too.

If BAM extend HH indefinitely, for sure we wont be seeing any youngster emerging in the horizon.

Malaysian sports need to break away from the shell we are in now or else we will have trouble progressing.

#82 Pemuda, Oct 16, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Then let Nusa Mahsuri send him for those tournaments, not BAM on the expense of the Msian taxpayers.

4. Lau Kok Wei

Lau Kok Wei Regular Member

Contary to wat u think of HH, i tot he is mentally stronger than most of Malaysian players. Remember how he came back from the dead to beat BCL at 2002 TC? and of course winning the 2003 AE. The fact is the guy let himself and all the supporters down bigtime after tat... He is no longer the same player and i really doubt he will regain the same form...:(

5. amaze

amaze Regular Member

Righto, Pemuda, why don't Roslin and Hafiz take the cue and follow suit ? They have not been performing for years. Not even the New Zealand Open this year.

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

1) Isn't the clubs already doing that? I'm not sure which ones Nusa Mahsuri pays for (or whether they pay for all, most for sure from ROslin's case) and all the details...
    but I remember at 2006 World Champs the KLRC WD players aren't paid for by BAM but KLRC. That's as much info as I've read in the press.
    That was why Roslin was fuming mad when BAM left out his entry for Spore and Indon Open, the club had to bear the penalty costs from the sponsors.

2) So, BAM choose, clubs pay. Of course the tournaments that limit entries, all the players will fight for places - like WC, Olympics, Thomas Cup, COmmonwealth G. Open tournaments don't limit entries from each country
    Pemuda, you did mention in the CCM thread abt Hafiz should not represent Malaysia anymore. I suppose you mean it's so embrassing even the clubs shouldnt send Hafiz?

#86 eaglehelang, Oct 16, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  7. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    YES.....:D:D:D:D:D:D

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Hafiz can still play... just that his opponents are better than him.

9. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    You are very consistent in your posts in packing in HH from major tourneys and your reasoning to invest $$$ in up-and-coming players than to waste on HH does have merits. I do agree with you that HH being given so many opportunities, it is time to cut bait and feed them to younger and hungrier players...but that is a political decision that unless it is CHN, would be a tough call to make (I like to see YKH or BAM do it) when HH is still MAS 2nd or 3rd best player presently.
    HH has talents and skills but desperately lacks conditioning and fitness, and being married is even harder to improve on, even Roslin is more fitter than HH despite being older.

10. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    really look forward for the match between old n young hashim bro.......

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hafiz is 25-26, still quite young. Unless his club cuts him off, he will still be around. At the moment, the powers -that- be are putting the pressure, they want to see improvement. The usually patient Misbun is getting frustrated.

I think if Hafiz don't make the grade for next year's Olympics, that would be the last we see of him in WC and team events. At the moment, WCH, LTS, Roslin have overtaken him in the world rankings. Unless Hafiz bucks up fast,he'll be left out in the running for the 2nd Olympics spot.

12. thiery

thiery Regular Member

not only that HH shall be dropped.....KBH too. KBH is the worst and he hasnt played for donkey years. Even if he plays, he barely makes it through 2nd round. What a disgrace, real disgrace!!! this is the kid who destined to play so much for malaysia in 2006 Thomas Cup and BOOM!!! he lost tamely and i dont think he will ever recover from that. he kept begging to the coaches to field him as a third single and what he did was a total disgrace to all malaysian badminton supporters.

in brief, KBH needs to go since 2006. in fact, he MUST LEAVE.

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Bro, 2002 TC and 2003 AE was a long time ago. We need to live in the present rather than continually dwell on the past. And with HH, dont you think it is time we stop all these "he won the AE in 2003" talk?

HH has passed the sell by date, BAM should do the right thing and drop this guy.

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

BAM should drop HH from their players' list period. This means not sending him for tournaments under BAM. If his club wants to send him, it is their prerogative as they are footing the bill.

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Dude, I can also play decent badminton as a singles player (in my kampong, I can easily beat Pak Wan, Man Tumpat, Kek Din and Moorthy, who owns a sundry shop) .... just that Lin Dan, Peter Gade, Taufik and company are all better than me.

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Political decision, that is disease eating our nation today. And as long, it is politically ok to keep non-performers like HH around, we can forget about that Olympic gold, WC and even the TC. Such 'passengers' like HH is not helping the development of the juniors at all.

17. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    lets not divert too far from the original topic abt rexy, guys...

18. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    You made a valid point, otherwise junior players like TCS, Clarence, etc would be deprieved of opportunity to gain international experience and after LCW retires, MAS is screwed...but I really can't see YKH or BAM dropping HH if he is still ranked 2nd or 3rd in MAS lineup. Eagleheland said HH is 25/26, yeah that is young compared to me, but in baddy timezone, that player should be at his/her peak now...and with HH poor conditioning and fitness, he is not going to go far.

19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Alright here is my support for the poor guy, hear me out fellas.

I am sure after the AE big win money poured in.

If I were him, I would have also sat back and lived it up.:D

If I were smart, I would have started some business : to get the $$$$'s working. All the celebrations (makan and more makan), late night cavorting with friends (which he admitted), planning my busines, etc would have contributed to the current day status.

After many months of sweating and 'half training', it is not going anywhere. Then it hit home and he asked why he is still doing this if he does not want to win. HH has come to that stage of life where one start asking questions (the crossroad of life).

For that reason, I think he may do good, coz I cannot see how he would want to be jeered at and be feeling humiliated time after time. No one does -- after all he is 25/26. All myabe because he felt he can take it easy because he is 25. In as many times as I have heard it after the WC, he promised to turn a new page. I am certain even with Fasting & Raya celebration, this guy have been training and mindful of his wanting to succeed again.

I am ready to see a new HH in the next tournament. I say bring it on coz HH would scale new heights again. It does not matter who says it or what was said, HH is coming back !;)

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Closed - off topic posts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.