Ggbc 2 Oakland Emeryville Opening!!!

Discussion in 'Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC ) (CLOSED)' started by GGManagement, Oct 9, 2007.

1. GGManagement

GGManagement Regular Member

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!

GGBC 2 IN OAKLAND EMERYVILLE IS OFFICIALLY OPENED ON:
    TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9TH, 2007 AT 10:00AM!

THE ARRIVAL OF THIS DATE HAS BEEN LONG AWAITED!! WE WISH EVERYONE WOULD COME VISIT AND PLAY BADMINTON AT OUR BRAND NEW FACILITY. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR OUR 3 WEEK GRAND OPENING SPECIAL PROMOTION! DROP IN IS $1 ON TUESDAY, OCT 9TH, AND THIS COMING WEEKEND OCT 12 + 13 ONLY!! JUST COME HIT AND HAVE A GREAT TIME! WE'LL GIVE YOU A TOUR!:p:p:p:p

OUR RED WELCOME MAT IS ROLLED OUT TO ALLLLLL!:eek::D:D:D:D

:pCHEERS FROM:p
    :D MIKE YANG :D
    :DAND GG ADMIN STAFF:D!

2. wishheart

wishheart New Member

Any pictures for Opening date??

3. JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy Regular Member

Haha! I went there yesterday! It's hella tight! Although there are only 8 courts, the lighting, environment, and everything is really really nice. It looks better than Smash City, APAC, and other facilities. It's like a freaken badminton paradise or something. Lol! I might even become a member. =)

For more info, go visit www.ggbadminton.com

#3 JustSomeGuy, Oct 10, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  4. GGManagement

GGBC (Golden Gate Badminton Club)New Pricing!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Do you know about our new pricing at GGBC (Golden Gate Badminton Club)? This is effective in both GG1 (menlo park) & GG2 (emeryville). Please visit www.ggbadminton.com or call 650-838-9318 or 510-655-8989

GGManagment
    [/FONT]

#4 GGManagement, Oct 10, 2007
  5. GGManagement

GGBC (Golden Gate Badminton Club) Dollar Day Speical

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Do you know about our GGBC2 Grand Opening on Tuesday Oct 9th? We had the DOLLAR DAY on that day to celebrate our new success. :O Did you miss it because you had to work? Don't worry....Mike knows about your concern and he will offer the same deal to ALL of you on this coming weekend, Oct 13th and Oct 14th. :D:D:D:D This is good for both GG1 and GG2. :D:D:D:D Please let ALL your friends, family and co-workers know about it and please bring them along with you so you can show off you skills to them...HAHA....[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Also, Mike also offers 15% off on EVERYTHING in proshop*, membership, guest card**, lesson*** from NOW till Oct 29th. Please don't miss this great opportunity to stock up everything you need.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]No, this is not it yet....Mike also offers new pricing on admision and membership. Please refer to the front desk for that. [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Happy Badmin! [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]GGManagement[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]*except drink[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]**limited one per person[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]***only apply to 10 times private lesson package[/FONT]

#5 GGManagement, Oct 10, 2007
  6. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Thoughts on our Club Opening and Tournament.....

Gosh Gosh.. Hello Everyone!! :rolleyes:

Havent' been around for so long! Whew!

I thought I'd like to share with you what we've all at GGBC have been going thru in the months following our final sprint to the GGBC 2 Grand Opening finish line. I don't think I've quite had any experience like that, even in the 20 films I've done, or the hundreds of concerts I've performed in. This mental and physical preparation was quite out of the stratosphere!

In the first GG 1, I came in when Mike was already near the finish line, and although it was alot of meetings, marketing strategies, construction issues, cleaning and procedures at the final stretch, I had no idea what Mike had to go thru to get to where he was when I joined in the fun :cool:. This time I see the reality from even 2 quarters of the way, and it is bloody scary!! I literally almost threw up a few times.

It's amazing the power of the CITY your club is in. You'd think it would be so easy to say " I wanna open a club" and just snap your fingers and "wala".... CLUB BE HERE, all set up for you!! That's a BIG NOPE to all of you who are even faintly toying with the idea of opening your own club. I can tell you.. I WOULDN'T want to be the owner!! GEEZZZZ.. the pressure is much worse than any stage fright I've ever encountered. Mike's has gone thru so sooo much in the past year since he found his 2nd site that even though his devoted, close knit team rejoice in his triumph with tears in our eyes after seeing the success of the UCB / GG Tournament this year, with smashing talented players, and close encounters of many kinds, it was just overwhelming to walk into his new office and see Mike sitting alone, looking so tired and staring increduously at the wall. I asked him if he was alright and he just looked at me.... and said quietly... " I just can't believe we did it". "If not for all of you, I wouldn't be able to do this alone, you know?". He sincerely Thanked me, and praised his team and I was kind of perplexed becos I really didn't think we did much. Of course we did what we could and the office work is part of our job description, but it was amazing he thought WE had something to do with this "achievement" becos it is really HIS baby. He was the one carrying this baby for MORE than 9 months and he really looked exactly like any woman who just spent 30 hours in excruciating labor, and out pops a healthy 1000 ton baby boy in his case! His team was there for him while he was carrying his course. I just sat down and literally gave him a BIG HUG cos that's just what he really deserved. Our UCB tournament was every bit his achievement as well, becos with the City working against him, he was still steely determined to get those last signatures and literally spent weeks at the City before he got that final signature only 2pm on Wednesday and the tournament was Friday. I wasn't able to sleep that last week, but he still remained calm although he MUST have been so very exhausted. But you know, he doesn't want it any other way and I think that is a trait to be very much admired. He never once complained and only perservered when the going really got tough. He is truly an Eveready battery. You know? "When the going gets tough, the tough get going?" I was shaking and panicking at intervals, but he never flinched, and I've learned a great deal about thinking POSITIVE and never giving up. Our team is so tight they would come back to help on their days off, on their own good will. They wouldn't leave until they did whatever could be done for opening. It's the team work that pulls the heartstrings becos everyone synced together with ONE thought in mind. Even our good friends were eager to know the next days work schedule although they only got 4 hours sleep from helping the night before. That's what friends are for! We all had many sleepness nights together but all I can say is... IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!!! We're now closer than before becos of this ordeal, and with our new sibling, now learning to walk already, we are proud and happy to be part of the GG Team and have such a strong Leader in Mike......:)

Hope ya all didnt' mind my sharing our GG experiences with you. In our entertainment field, we often have "the making of..." to let people know how a movie was shot or how a concert was made. I thought it would be fun to give you " a making of.. " in Mikes GG Baby #2. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer!

We also hope you will ALL come and celebrate with our GG Family, cos of course, Mike and his team did it all for YOU GUYS! Come see and play at GG 2 in Emeryville!! We are having a $1 DOLLAR drop-in THIS COMING weekend and many other juicy goodies for our 3 week celebration extravaganza! Check out our website.. www.ggbadminton.com for details, address and directions to our Emeryville location right in the heart of the East Bay.

See you all soon as possible!

Warm regards... GG Sally

7. lil4znch1ckz

lil4znch1ckz Regular Member

designing
    Hi Sally and Mike

Admired you so much for having this baby born. It was so well color schemed. Believed Mike had spent a lot of effort to build this club.

Our club is already in our 10th month of preparation. And I still don't know when will the exact date for our grand opening. It's really a pain to deal with the city. But I am looking at the fun in the future to run and play at my club.

I have a strong echo of what u really talking about. Had a few times waken up in the middle of the nite. Then, my brain turn and turn and turn. Never could go back to sleep. We all done a lot because most of the city including Arcadia, doesn't have expericence in "Badminton Club".

For example, one nite I woke up because I thought about the laying out of our PVC tiles. If the walls were not straight, the tiles will be slanted to one side on the floor and the lines will not be paralleled to the grids. Luckily, we spent 5 days to put the tiles and it was quite nice.

Thinking positive is very important. A few times I wanted to withdraw. My 13 years old daughter told me "that's your choice" because money in the bank getting less and she didn't feel comfortable. After a few months, she came back and asked "when will our club be opened?" That's really a journey!

Next time in LA, please come to our club to play some. Arcadia has Ding Tai Fung, a very famous Taiwanese dumpling restaurant.

Sure hope your clubs will be a success!

A fan
    William Chan
    Arcadia Badminton Club

8. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Thank you William from Arcadia

Hello William,

It is so great of you to write about your experience too becos no one really realises what it takes and even myself woudln't know from the last experience cos I came in really late, but I'm sure even the research for locations took you so much time as watching Mike drive thousands of miles and looking, looking all day long, talking and meeting so many people, owners, buildings, City's, even Mayors, was pretty amazing to me. I would go nuts driving and working on the field like that. I kept asking him.. where the HELL are you going? What the HELL are you doing? He didn't even bother to answer me half the time. Just kept on going till he found the RIGHT Place, then..... one day.. he walked in with his face LIT up like a Christmas tree! I'd have to be in the same position as your 13 year old cos I was also asking him about the $$ signs. It's an incredible amount of work for the returns you get for it!

I'm sure you will get your inspections signed off soon... Just do exactly what they ask you to but it's amazing what they can ask of you at the last minute such as in your case. We had the same thing happen. As if all those issues couldnt be dealt with at the beginning!

We are all cheering for you as your place looks absolutely beautiful from the photos! I do love your colors too! Mike said he wants to visit your place one of these days and I hope he will take me with him! We are soo busy with the opening it was impossible to do anything else. We can trade stories and have a good meal and I can listen to you and Mike talk about your experiences. OH Mike was chatting the other day.. even though we opened, he told his GG TEAM to prepare for the future ahead, cos the tough get only tougher as the hard times are really ahead of you, not behind you! It IS.. a LIFELONG commitment by no small means. Even kids grow up and move out, but this kid is going to be staying at home for good and require mountains of maintanence!! Just hope this kid can one day take care of you after all the investment you put in them! But Mike did say that that nothing, absolutely nothing is happier than walking into your own place and seeing all the faces and players and knowing you provide / created, a place, a haven for them to find happy hours in. That is the final and ultimate pleasure in knowing you made a contribution to this beloved sport somehow!

One kind of wonders why badminton is so obsessive! This is something I have yet to figure out. During our preparation for opening I didnt' even TOUCH a racquet for 2 months and I thought, oh dear, am I losing my interest?? Once we got GG 2 opened and I touched down in HKG yesterday at 6am, my dear friend Loletta asked me to play at 7pm and to be honest, I took a nap at 5pm and when I woke, I thought I was in GG2 at the front desk and I was sooo groggy, but pulled myself up to go, but when I got there ALL MY LOVE OF BADMINTON RUSHED ALL BACK and I played till I dropped! I remembered how much I LOVED PLAYING and NOW I appreciate it even MORE!

OK sorry for rambling on and on.. William we would love to hear more of how you are doing and please let Mike know if he can help with anything or if there is anything we can all do together in the future! Take care and we will watch and pray for your opening day and your clubs great SUCCESS!!

Big Cheers to you! Sally

9. jdileo

jdileo Regular Member

WOW! Congrats to Mike, Sally and the GGBC Team for the safe delivery of your new BABY! And special kudos to Mike for shedding his baby weight so fast, great job! :eek: :D :p

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for sharing..

...your experience w/us, Sally....My congrats again to you guys and GGBC folks! You guys really put a lot of work..:cool:
    :p..."1000 ton baby boy"??...:D:)
    ..ah, and now you are receiving a much deserved break & vacation back in HK...:):cool:

11. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Bored Over Here!!

Haha.. I don't know how much this baby ACTUALLY Weighs but I can tell you he is HEAVYYYYYYY!! I am TOTALLY panicking over here in HKG not wanting to be back here cos my heart is still in GGBC 1 AND 2!!! I've been calling everyday 3 or 4 times a day and I'm just about fainting I call every half hour and know it's so busy there and well.... I can tell you it's TORTURE OVER HERE!!

I'm going to play at 4pm though and learn how to create a good womens doubles chemistry with my friend since the 2 of us have some competitioning for our club and while we played the other night we were bumping into each other :confused:! I hope that can take my mind off Mikey and his crew working so hard!

Sally

12. govalley

govalley Regular Member

Pharmacist
    Hi Sally,

Just curious, do you have a coach in HK or just practice yourself. If yes, who is he/she(Uncle Choi???)

13. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

My Coach

Hello Go,

I have a great Coach whom I havent' taken lessons from for a long long time now. His name is Yiow Gsee Yook. I don't know how to spell his name in Chinese. He came to GGBC twice before and he is a very very good coach but we are not able to get him to come to GGBC to Coach full time yet cos he has so much obligation here for now. He is part Indonesian and he loves his coaching so much and he is an excellent one. I'm very very picky about who to pick for Coach so I know he is really good. Nowadays I just play on my own. I mostly play with some Coaches now so what I try to learn more now is strategy, how to rotate with my partner and really the mental game. I try to learn how my partner and I can help each other in a game. I find strategy and mental training so important in this game and I don't really see alot of Coaches teaching it. They teach physical skill and technique but often times not HOW to play this game which is so important. How to be able to work FOR and with your partner.

Sally

14. GGManagement

GGBC Thanks to ALL of you.....

Dear Members and Badminton Friends!

It is my honor and pleasure to finally open the doors of GGBC 2 Oakland Emeryville to all of you! I do so appreciate the patience and understanding you have all shown me in our slightly delayed opening, but please know for a fact that my wonderful Team at GGBC, (whom I would never have been able to succeed this conclusion if not for their loyalty and devotion to GGBC and seeing this through together, hand in hand), never wavered in our determination to see this project through to the very very BEGINNING of it’s new life! It has been a long road but a worthy one if all of you can have complete satisfaction on our GG Courts! My goal is to give you “The Ultimate Badminton Experience” and I hope we have achieved that promise!

I want to take the opportunity here to sincerely Thank all of those whom have contributed to the success of UCB / GG Open 2007 tournament and opening of GGBC 2. Our sponsors, United Commercial Bank, and Yonex, and how could I possibly leave out my dear friend, Chris Lawrence and his wonderfully professional referee team. My Thanks to Kwun and Weng for spending big money on new lens and setting up a very entertaining TV to show his great photos snaps of the action! Finally, my fantastic GG Staff was my true savior. Rebecca, Norman, Phoebe, Vickey, Bonnie, Derek, and our new addition, Paul. My dear counterpart Sally who is always panicking, who keeps me well on edge, and awake, when I want to pass out from her constant shrieking in my ears! BUT… at the end of day I deeply appreciate her determination and ability to complete all the difficult tasks and challenges that I handed her way… She is really a dedicated trooper! I want to Thank our great Coaches, Jinsong, Chandra, Tang Jie Yun, and Lili, who kept up their coaching in the club while we were away from the G2 office so much, my dear friends Mr.Tung as well as his wife and daughter who also helped so much, and finally my good friends, Connie and Alan Chan who have always supported us, spent so much time working with us in the final two weeks they never found time to sleep because they were helping till dawn before making it to their important day jobs in the City. Together, and only together, were we able to fulfill the requirements for the opening and there was not a single second to waste. The challenges we have faced in opening G1 and G2 have been the greatest experiences in my lifetime and I am truly grateful for what I have learned in these 3 years. What hasn’t killed me has only made me stronger!

Opening and running a club is surely not easy. But the rewards of being able to see the happy members and patrons that walk thru our doors and play on our courts far outweigh the hardship. We genuinely strive to make Badminton a mainstream sports in the US. Let’s all work congruently together to bring Badminton into everyone’s life and give them a life changing experience! I believe Bay Area is already doing it’s share with all the great clubs popping up like toast, and in LA, with OCBC, Manhatten, SGVBC, and the new Arcadia club with 17 courts, as well as all the clubs around the Country, I believe our dream will come true sooner than later! What a truly harmonious conclusion!

We at GGBC 1 and 2 wish ALL OF YOU a SMASHING, DRIVING, DROPPING TIME!

Yours very Truly,

Mike Yang, and GGBC Group 1 + 2

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Congratulations to GGBC and management for the Opening.

16. MidBadder

MidBadder Regular Member

Engineer
    We here in the south bay area for sure need to pay visits to these two wonderful clubs someday.

17. GGManagement

FREE! 1 hour introductory classes at GGBC 2

GGBC is presenting FREE! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: 1 hour introductory classes at GGBC 2 in Oakland Emeryville ! We hope Members will sign up and we do emphasize this is to introduce lessons in GGBC 2 in Oakland Emeryville, so classes will commence in Oakland Emeryville ONLY. Please sign up as soon as possible in person or call in at the Emeryville location, as space is very very limited! Thank you! Below are the following dates, Coaches, and hours for FREE introductory lessons!

1./ OCTOBER 20TH, 07 SATURDAY - 9:00AM - 10:00AM / 11:00AM - 12:00PM / COACHED BY PAUL (MAX 8 STUDENTS PER SESSION)
    2./ OCTOBER 21ST, 07 SUNDAY - 9:00AM - 10:00AM / 11:00AM - 12:00PM / COACHED BY PAUL (MAX 8 STUDENTS PER SESSION)
    3./ OCTOBER 23RD, 07 TUESDAY - 12:00PM - 1:00PM / COACHED BY CHANDRA (MAX 8 STUDENTS PER SESSION)
    4./ OCTOBER 25TH, 07 THURSDAY - 12:00PM - 1:00PM / COACHED BY TANG JIE YUN (MAX 8 STUDENTS PER SESSION)

Please call or email GGBC 2 if you have any questions. GGBC 2 - 510 655 8989. info@ggbadminton.com

18. funplay

funplay New Member

Congratulations to all GGBC team members! It is not just another marked milestone for GGBC but also a step forward for the sport. Once again congratulations to all of you who continue to believe, support and promote badminton. :)

19. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Thank you ALL too!

Mike wants me to tell you that on behalf of Himself and GGBC TEAM He wants to give our most sincere THANKS TO ALL OF YOU TOO!! IF NOT FOR ALL OF YOU, we cannot possibly expand our badminton horizons, so please keep spreading the benefits of badminton and get more people to PLAY!

WE ALL know what a great sport this is, but so many people out there DON'T! I don't know how many people I've forced to play badminton and I'm so happy that ALOT of them really have enriched their lives from it, and if only we could produce maximum recognition to our beloved sport we could really get things ROCKIN AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE! Ha haa.. Couldn't resist that :D! Sorry just being plain silly!!!!:rolleyes:

In the last few days back in HKG I've been back to my active playing, so much so, I have to go get "tweaked" today cos I'm so SORE :eek:, BUT my adrenaline is PUMPIN' away again so I"M ESTACTIC!! Just cannot put that damn racquet down! I'm having a tournament with my Club CCC on Sunday. Wish me LUCK!

So Thanks to everyone for their support and cheer for Mikey's continous success as well as all the clubs in the Bay Area and beyond!

BIG Regards, from all of us at GGBC!!

BTW, I'm being scheduled to go and interview either Lin Dan or Zhang Ning in Beijing. Not all is confirmed becos we need to align both our schedules, so since it's a "fly to Beijing" affair, I hope our schedules can match. WELLLL... how about some suggestions on questions to ask them from our BC enthusiasts? I've never interviewed anyone in my life, I usually GET interviewed, but I'm willing to talk to Badminton GENIUSES (to get into their psychy!!) so how about some "INTELLIGIENT" suggestions on what questions I should ask them??? I bold and underlline INTELLIGIENT becos there is nothing worse than some dumb a__@#! asking ALOT of stupid questions that I fall asleep even listening to!!

So come on, BC "THINKERS"! Give me some good ones and I will let them know that I've accumulated a collection of questions "well thought out" by Badminton fans around the world, at Badminton Central, that want to KNOW these things about THEM because they are so admired around the world!

Sally

#19 GGsally, Oct 18, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  20. fabcargo

fabcargo Regular Member

badminton
    my message for both of them

Hi Sally,

Maybe you could pass my message (not question) that they have worked very hard and they should by all means enjoy the game and not become too stressed with the pressure of having to perform well every time.

gunawan