need feedback : how is BF.com doing?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by kwun, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Bigred: it is partly my fault that the racquet section isn't open yet. I volunteered to create departments and (the useful) old reviews, but due to a heavy work load I simply haven't had the time to complete it. But it's coming up... ;)

2. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

NP mag, we're all happy it's coming :)
    One look at the size of the review section, I woulf have given up right there:eek:. I'm sure it'd be easier just to write a script to transfer the the reviews. I know PHP supports the post function, so you can create an account called "Old_reviews" on the forum. Have the BC server export the database to the BF. OR, you could just copy and paste the entire reviews and put it here as a single post.

Can I offer another suggestion? Create a poll with each review! It could be general, like rate this racquet overall, or perhaps specific (rate repulsion, durability, price, etc. for strings.) It'll allow people to say how they feel about the string without having to register on the board or having to write something.

3. Zhi

Zhi Regular Member

Student
    How bout making requirements with the review section?! I mean like say before someone makes comments about the racket, they have to state the specs of the racket, the strings used etc..... Also like a paragraph for first impression... or stating how long the racket has been tested?

I think this would give a better context towards the opinion of the owner on the racket

4. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    Any estimates on how soon(or late :p) it will be visible to the rest of us??
    VERY VERY excited to see the new stuff :):D

5. Shoulderpain

Shoulderpain Regular Member

ESL teacher
    Just to let you know that I love this forum, and it's the first place I've found to talk about my favorite sport. I'm not much of a computer guy, so there's no feedback I can give, except keep up the great work!

Thanks again for the chat place!

6. Laurence

Laurence Regular Member

Options Trading . . .yeah Baby!!!
    Great job . . .

Other then Kwun bugging me about how much (or little) I make from selling badminton gear, I think the admin/mods are doing a great job of running this site (BC/BF) :)

Putting on my salesman's hat, where else can you find a site that is . . .

- so dedicated in promoting the sport of badminton
    - contain so much badminton knowledge on technique
    - contain so much badminton knowledge on products
    - have excellent review sections where we can share our thoughts
    - have such a diverse crowd from around the world

. . . and most important of all, where else can you find so many GREAT people so passionate about badminton!!!

Keep up the great work, and thanks for spending so much time and resource in running this site. Look forward to the changes . . .

7. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    are there gonna be separate sections of forums (in the review cession) for CP/CN rackets?

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I think very few people own them so perhaps it isn't worth it. The vast majority of players play very happily with normal retail raquets

9. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

Don't forget to make it very clear how the posts in the review section is to be organized, and have a template.

I.e.

Racquet type (SP/CN/CD/etc)
    Time used:
    Power
    Feel
    etc..

Comments:

If not, all hell will break loose and it'll be as disorganized as the BC's review section right now, where 10% of the posts are all over the place. Have them compare it to other racquets they've tried, if possible.

BTW, make it clear that it is for REVIEWS only. Right now on BC's review section, there's many many "how much is this racquet" posts.

Give it a good start... will save you much headache later on!

10. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    I mean have one single section for CP/CN racjets in general... where reviews of all the CP/CN rackets go in

or is it better for them to be just right under the racket model?

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It might end up just as a debate

http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7724

like the article says, there are believers and non-believers

Probably it would be best to have them under racquet model.

It wouldn't seem logical to have a complete separate section for CN racquets if the range is limited. The unitiated might also feel confused at the structure of the section
    e.g. MP100, MP99, MP88, MP77, MP55 then CN/CP???

12. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    As to templates etc, I think all we can do is encourage people to write sensibly. But I don't think using a template is the best way: sometimes a short well-written comment about one aspect of a racquet can be more useful than a poorly written review trying to cover it all.

The big difference from the old reviews is that posts can be easily moderated. In other words, the noise ratio will be lower.