Old Ti-10 vs. New Ti-10, and the Ti-10 in general

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by andone, Sep 18, 2007.

1. andone

andone Regular Member

Hey guys, i was looking at the yonex Ti-10... new and old. First thing i noticed was the $40 dollar price difference. Can anyone explain clearly why this is so? Also, compared to the nano 9k, or the AT 900p/t, can anyone tell me which they prefered? thanks much. Input is highly appreciated.

2. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    The old Ti-10 is valued for its awesome destructive power and durability but riled for the slower response time.

3. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    Firstly, if you do a search you will come up with many answers. Now the OLD Ti-10 (red) is head heavy and stiff whereas the NEW Ti-10 (yellow) is headlight and flexible. Those alone make up the two differences.

The old version is a powerhouse for smashes but a bit hard to wield on defense. The New version is more of a defensive racquet, easier to maneuver and doesn't pack as much 'punch' as the old version. The new Ti-10 came out with a low market price, probably because of the materials now being used. The old Ti-10 is discontinued but the price tag still remains high.

Now that you have the difference between these racquets, you can compare them to the specs of the AT900p/t and ns9k. But just a warning however, that no matter who tests the racquets and gives you opinions, it doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be the same for you. good luck!

4. andone

andone Regular Member

Thank you very much! lol finally understand now.

5. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Didn't seem to bother Kim Dong Moon, did it? :)

6. GunBlade008

Student, Retail.
    KDM is amazing. I'd give my left arm to have the defense he had! :p

7. F-Man

F-Man Regular Member

Student
    The difference is generally not as great as people make it out to be. How can you say that the new version is head light? Doesn't make sense! NS7000, NS8000, NS9000 S. These are head light! You make it sound as if they are totally different rackets!

8. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    I have both the versions of Ti-10; Both are 3UG4.
    The new Ti-10, although the specs on it says "head light", it does not feel so. In fact, for me the old Ti-10 seems to have more maneuverability than the new Ti-10. I have not checked the BP on these rackets but personally I don't feel that much of a difference.

9. GunBlade008

Student, Retail.
    Well, it was just my opinion, but since I have to justify it... I've played with MPs, NS, AT and the Ti-10's. The AT line is definately head-heavy, the MP99 and MP100 are even balanced, and the NS line is headlight. Now after playing with those, I used the new Ti-10.

It is in the middle of head-light and even balanced, so once it passes the even balanced mark, for me, it is headlight. How can I say it is head light? Easy! The same way Yonex says it is headlight, the same way that "Head light balance" is printed on the shaft, AND from my own personal experiences after testing out all lines, not just the Nanospeed series and saying that the new Ti-10 is not headlight because it is simply not as headlight as the Nanospeed series.

10. F-Man

F-Man Regular Member

Student
    Yonex will always fiddle about with these things. Everyone knows that. For example, think of the racket reccomendations chart in many catalogues. The position fo a number of rackets changes all the time!

I have asked the pros that still use Ti-10 themselves! There does seem to be a difference but certainly not from head heavy to head light! Otherwise they would not be able to utilise a bag full of old and new versions!

11. GunBlade008

Student, Retail.
    Well this is just my personal opinion, I've no way to test them both out right now. So I guess it's just a matter of preference?

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i assume that u r not left handed:D

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Fu Haifeng use to use the old ti10 but now the new ti10 and he still have powerful smashes. I do not think FHF would make a such huge change from stiff and head heavy old ti10 to the a flexy head light new ti10 as some have claimed.

14. F-Man

F-Man Regular Member

Student
    That is spot on!

I was fortunate enough at the AE2007 to come into contact with Xu Chen and Guo Zhendong, two MD players of the China team. They both use Ti-10 and agree with what I have said about it, so does FHF apparently.

It has been mentioned before by myself so people should do a search. When these players ask for Ti-10s, it is a matter of where they are and what is available (old or new version). Cooler has summed it up perfectly. It's common sense really.

15. andone

andone Regular Member

Just got the new Ti-10 today.. was actually quite happy with it. Though, i'm wondering what the head of the racquet is made out of at the top? it starts out as the shiny smooth material from the t joint, then becomes some rough hard plastic kinda feeling at the top? does anyone know that this material actually is? and is it better or worse than the standard stuff? haha.

16. SaintDragon

SaintDragon Regular Member

Student
    Heh, all I know is that the material on the top of the new Ti-10 chips really easily D:

However, although the paint up there isn't too sturdy, the racket itself seems pretty durable.

17. andone

andone Regular Member

haha, reviving my own thread, but i recently got the new ti-10, now strung with bg85 at 24lbs. I can say that the material at the top is VERY durable. I've had 4 clashes already without a chip. (though my friend's racquet did get chipped!) A very nice racquet once you get to know it. ;)

18. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    that is yummy.........:D
    can kill the shuttlecocks in no time

19. Whipper

Whipper Regular Member

I have two Ti-10 (CH,SP) and other YY racquets like MP88,AT-800OF,NS7000 and NS9000, none of the followings suit me better than Ti-10. pity the Ti-10 CH was broken in a MD crash.