carbonex 8600 light, AT 300, carbonex 8000 light, MP23, MP25, MP28, MP30, MP44

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bwchaos, Aug 25, 2007.

1. bwchaos

bwchaos Regular Member

These racquets: carbonex 8600 light, AT 300, carbonex 8000 light, MP23, MP25, MP28, MP30, MP44 are around my budget, can anyone give me any recommendations?

p.s. im a shortish player, with small hands, *not sure whether defensive/offensive*, manages to hit from one end to 3/4 of the other..*i cant hit end-to-end, well not with the racquet that i've been using, which has now broken..*

2. Stijn

Stijn Regular Member

Student
    I own a MP25, a bit of an allround racket, but too flexible for me.
    MP30 is the same, but a little bit less flexible.

3. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    AT300 is medium flex, so easy to generate power, and it's armortec, so it's head heavy. If you want power, go for the AT. I'm not familiar with the other racquets...

4. jaikumarr18

jaikumarr18 Regular Member

IT server Engineer
    I got AT300 recently and its awesome..... My smashes and drops improved a lot. Its a good allrounder.

5. bwchaos

bwchaos Regular Member

i still havent had time to go to the shop to have a feel of the racquets, but i wondering whether the head heavy feature of the AT series will be suitable for me, as i've always played with a balanced racquet..

p.s. i thought i read that the head heavy racquets are mostly for offensive players only..

6. Stijn

Stijn Regular Member

Student
    While there's certainly some truth in that, an Armortec 800De is also head-heavy, and that's still an excellent allround racket.

7. Athelete1234

Student
    I'm a defensive, players (smashing only for a kill, and using tight netshots and placement), but I use Yonex's most head heavy racquet, the AT700 3U. There are always exceptions:D:D

8. bwchaos

bwchaos Regular Member

o, ok
    and also, is it better to hav a lighter racquet? cas some posts say that lighter racquets r bad because they dont train your strength..

9. Athelete1234

Student
    It doesn't really matter, but it's true that heavier racquets will make your arm stronger, any 3U or 2U would be light enough to use effectively, but not too light that you'll be unable to use racquets with different balances. In short, heavy might make you gain more strength, but head light might demand you to learn better technique to gain more power. They're both good in the long run.

10. morewood

morewood Regular Member

Heavy or light, head heavy or head light..... what matters most is its comfortable for you to hold and use.

Any of the racquets you mention would be adequate to improve your play, the MP44 should give you a power boost though without sacrificing reaction times though and as such would be my first choice.