YONEX SUNRISE INDIA OPEN GP GOLD 4-9th Sept 2007 seeding

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by chemile, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yes

Yeah man. I totally agree, of course. I would love to play against Taufik, Bao, LCW... Of course I know I will loose, but it is fun. I know in Indonesia's National Championship, after most local players played [and lost] to Taufik, they would ask to take photos with him. :D They were 4 or 5 levels below Taufik in badminton skill, but their love for badminton will grow even more...

2. cqmy1612

cqmy1612 Regular Member

Student
    haha yea. but at least we've tried our very best to play with them. In Indonesia, eventhough they lost. but I bet Taufik or any other Indonesian players will give them [people like us] tips and all. and who knows.. they branch out to be a professional players in the future? beating taufik others? who knows? haha.

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    India has a 34-member team for India Open 2007

Hi Krisna & abedeng,

According to HeadlinesIndia.com on Thursday, August 23, 2007, India has a 34-member squad, while the Chinese is sending an 18-member team.

For that article from the HeadlinesIndia.com, visit this thread located at:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=646966#post646966

Cheers... chris@ccc

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Looking at the draw, LCW is likely to meet PSH and followed with CY or Anup S .... considered tough....for LCW present form.....worry! and TH may meet LHI in QF and BCL in SF...also tough...AND LOOKS quite a balance draw this time.

5. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Hope badminton will boom in India...

34... that's better than 17 that the other news said [posted by malayali]... :p Still not enough eh? The fact that so few players participated [and ended up with no qualification rounds] is still pretty bad. :eek:

Anyway, I am not saying all this to discredit badminton in India. On the contrary, I want to see badminton BOOM in India! Better for the whole world's badminton development. :) I can imagine the attention badminton can get if China, Indonesia, India, and the USA is in the semifinals of Thomas Cup and Uber Cup regularly... Yes, the key word is 'regularly' here.

One hit wonders won't really work. Tony-Howard's World Championship title for the USA was a big event for badminton fans, but as far as worldwide sport fans' concern, it didn't really made badminton a top watched sport...

While in the quarterfinals we see other big countries like Brazil, Russia, Germany, Mexico, Argentina, France, Pakistan, South Africa, Nigeria, Iran etc. [...quite regularly]. Now that's a worldwide game... ;) I said 'quite regularly' here because I can't see how the traditional powers will go away. Malaysia, South Korea, Denmark, Japan, Thailand, etc. tend to stick around throughout history. At least at the quarterfinals level... :)

#45 Krisna, Aug 25, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  6. DaN_fAn

DaN_fAn Regular Member

That would be a fairytale:D
    But you are right about one thing.India can be a great market for Badminton.Did u know that over 70% of money in world cricket comes from India.

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I did't know that... 70% huh? If only some of the money actually goes to the 'cool' sport [Badminton]... :D

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Two bombs in Hyderabad a few hours ago? Is this for real?

Ok, since I have maybe sort of almost offended some people by asking whether Hyderabad is safe from bombs [because I don't know the situation clearly]... er... let me just ask politely: are these information correct? :confused:

An Indian friend of mine [who strikes me as very knowledgeable] told me 4 weeks ago that Hyderabad is not safe and prone to bombs. That's why I asked in this BC forum... I myself don't know the reality since Hyderabad is so far away from Jakarta... But having lived through multiple bombs in Indonesia, I sort of know the feeling... :( :mad: Those bombers are very cruel! :mad:

43 Dead In Bomb Blasts

HYDERABAD, India (Reuters) - ...
    Bombs packed with metal pellets killed 43 people on Saturday (25 Aug) at a packed street food-stall and an amusement park. Police have found another dozen bombs -- fitted with timers and placed in plastic bags -- at bus stops, cinema halls, road junctions and pedestrian bridges across Hyderabad, capital of Andhra Pradesh state, after Saturday night's blasts in the city.

Nearly 80 people, including women and children, were wounded by the three blasts that went off within the space of a few minutes. Some of the wounded were in critical condition.The police said each of the bombs also contained ammonium and were rigged with alarm clocks.

Eleven people died in two blasts at the Lumbini amusement park during a laser light show, while 32 died in the explosion at the street food stall in the heart of the city's commercial district, police said. The blasts in Hyderabad, one of India's biggest cities, are the latest in a series of militant attacks in large urban centers in the past two years, including New Delhi and the commercial hub of Mumbai.

#48 Krisna, Aug 25, 2007
  9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Bloomberg internet news...

India Bomb Explosions Kill 40, Injure 50 in Hyderabad
    By Ashok Bhattacharjee and Bibhudatta Pradhan

Aug. 26 (Bloomberg) -- Two bombs exploded in the southern Indian city of Hyderabad late yesterday, killing 40 people and injuring another 50, a state minister said. Another two explosive devices were defused, he said.
    One bomb blew up at a street-side restaurant in the Kothi area of the city, while another rocked an open-air auditorium in the Lumbini Park area, Jeevan Reddy, state minister for roads and buildings, said today in a telephone interview.

``Explosives were planted at four places. Police defused them at two locations,'' Reddy said. ``It's very difficult to say who is involved in planting the bombs. It's definitely a terrorist attack.'' State officials are meeting to discuss stepping up security as investigations are conducted.

``This is a terror plot, this is a terror attack,'' Hyderabad's Police Commissioner Balwinder Singh said in a telephone interview. ``But the situation is now under control.''

Hyderabad, the capital of the southern state of Andhra Pradesh, has a large Muslim population among its 6.5 million inhabitants. A bomb at a mosque on May 18 killed 11 people when it exploded during Friday afternoon prayers.
    Press Trust of India put the toll at 42 dead, citing police. The restaurant death toll was put at 32 and the fatalities at the open-air auditorium, where a laser show was going on, totaled 10, PTI said.

Scenes of Destruction
    Television pictures showed blue fiber-glass seats, plastic bags, blood-splattered clothes and shoes strewn around the seating area at Lumbini Park.
    The front of the restaurant, which sells spicy Indian snacks, was ripped apart by the blast. Television images showed police and medical volunteers cordoning off the entrance to city hospitals, where the injured were being taken.

Hyderabad has sought to build itself as a rival to Bangalore as India's software and services-outsourcing hub, and is the headquarters of Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd., the country's largest drugmaker by sales, and Satyam Computer Services Ltd., its fourth-biggest computer-software exporter.

Tensions between India's majority Hindus and its Muslim minority often flare into violence and are mirrored by the rivalry between India and neighboring Pakistan, which were both ruled by Britain until independence in 1947.

India, Pakistan
    An almost two-decade-old insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir, India's only Muslim-majority state, has left at least 50,000 people dead. India has accused Pakistan of supporting the insurgency, a charge Pakistan denies.
    ``We have to stand united, regardless of what religion we are,'' Asaduddin Owaisi, a member of Parliament from Hyderabad who belongs to the All India Majlis-e Ittihad al-Muslimin, which represents Muslims, said in a televised interview.

More should have been done to investigate the Mecca Masjid explosion of May 18, Owaisi said. Explosions on commuter trains and at railway stations in Mumbai, India's financial capital, on July 11 of last year left 184 people dead. The explosions, the worst such attack in 13 years, caused the 44-month-old peace process between India and Pakistan to break down, an initiative that resumed only in November.

In other attacks, 65 people died on Feb. 19 when two bombs exploded on an Indian train near the Pakistan border. Last September, explosions near a mosque in the western town of Malegaon in Maharashtra left 31 people dead.
    To contact the reporters on this story: Ashok Bhattacharjee in New Delhi at ashokb@bloomberg.net ; Bibhudatta Pradhan in New Delhi at bpradhan@bloomberg.net .

#49 Krisna, Aug 25, 2007
  10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Just for additional info, in next week's Indonesian Challenge, the INA participants are:
    35 MS players
    22 WS players
    27 MD pairs
    15 WD pairs
    19 XD pairs
    Compare that with the 34 member Indian players total who registered for the Indian Open. Anyway, I know I am making a moot point now. Most likely Indian Open will be cancelled... [though I hope not]...

11. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    expect more withdrawals after the bombing......

12. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Better not go.....so unsafe...sad..for peoples in Hyderabad and badminton sport in India..hope every things back to normal soon...