Chinese Domination 'Sickening'

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by DaN_fAn, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Thats right!! let me tell how many billions the y have spent.......result?? dont even mention it....this is a very wasted fund!!!...INA govt is so corrupted thats why they do it...they are smart in corruption.....seriously....I am planning to talk to one officer at KONI as one of my friend is working there to support badminton ( my passion for badminton..what I can say)....I can not put any details here....it is so sickening....those officers keep saying that they are proud of being Indonesians, etc.....but they will not put bigger budget for a sport who has bigger possibilities to win medals....they even have more money to buy foreign players for soccer....Tell me about it!!! I am so enraged...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    cHINESE Domination is being minimized by INA in this WC..
    As we can see the PO07 which is just 3 weeks before the WC.. The CHN did not even win 1 single title there.. Hopes it will be the beginning.. We would loves to see many countries beside INA are able to challenge CHN dominant in very near future...

3. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I too support the foundation of having more MAS and INA friendly matches, but to be realistic, none of these two nations want to show all their cards during friendlies ..... they are just too competitive against each other.

What about the existing Club System? I thought PBSI is well supported and the clubs do their part in generating talent ..... it had always served PBSI well before. If it is true that PBSI didn't get sufficient funding, it makes the 2 titles and 1 runnerup achievement at WC even more exceptional.

For Malaysia, further emphasis must be made on psychological and new talent development aspect, obviously not much work was done here, or the work done is not bearing fruit fast enough.

I suppose there is nothing much wrong (I stand corrected) with the coaching structure, but coaches alone cannot bring forth results if players cannot translate their plans into execution. I remember when Rexy first came on board, he complained about the playful nature of Malaysian players during training ......

Even the Europeans didn't even make a dent in these World Championships, powerhouses like England and Denmark failed to even make a mark, and Poland and Germany is not yet ready to take over.

So can we even complain about China dominating the sport?

#123 abedeng, Aug 20, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    All big winners were severely tested!

Exactly!

Hmmph, tell me about it... :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: What you wrote are completely true... Many can't see that badminton glory adds (a lot!) to national unity and pride... And that is worth the money spent... Indonesia is not an easily managed country. So many islands, so many isolated community, so many divisions of thought, race, religion, sects, tribes.... but when they watch badminton, all the division dissapear, only national unity & pride remain...

Most INA officials and government people have no sense of strategic direction and priorities... :crying: :crying: :crying: ...and we can't vote for better candidates because the other options are not so appealing either... :crying:

...despite all these difficulties, we still have to strive on with or without government help! :cool: :cool: :cool: Sure Malaysia and China got a lot more government support... but there are other ways to reach badminton glory ...surely more difficult ...but apparently, that's our INA destiny to be severely tested before reaching the winner's podium! :cool:

5. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

It is like you do very well in your monthly test but can't deliver good result in the final exam or O level, A level and uni entry test...:D

For me, both SS n WC are important...and I believe that our Mas fans hope to have our player wf WC n OG gold medal...

6. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    i like to see 'proton' a malaysian Company supporting malaysia badminton,

and i can't still understand why there's no single of indonesia company (private or national) who supports ina badminton...

we have pertamina , national oil company, i believe they have much money,but they never supports ina badminton.. why they waste the money to support fully A1 indonesia (car racing), they can't even be top 5.. indonesian can't drive fastly you know :), still behind from malaysian :)

7. thiery

thiery Regular Member

it's hard to win a WC...but easier to win a SS.

8. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    Nonsense!
    Look at Taufik, he won WC in 05, but after 7 SS, HE NEVER WON IT EVEN 1 SS!

9. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    China was a member of the eastern block (communism block) at that time, together with Russia, and other east European countries. USA, and other west European countries were grouped in western block (capitalism & liberalism).

It is strange if a small country like Taiwan was “admitted” by the international community, and the giant country (approximately 500 - 650 mio ppls at that time) like China wasn’t "admitted" as a "country".

for 15 years, China was refused by the UNO to become an "official" country, to replace Taiwan. But, they refused it, coz the UNO was dominated by the western block, and USA has a "special relationships" with Taiwan.

IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE WESTERN BLOCK, COZ THEY HAVE A POWER TO CONTROL THE WORLD IN EVERY ASPECTS! MONEY TALKS! DID U KNOW IT???

10. taufik-ist

it administrator

non sense bro...

look at zheng bo/gao ling after winning 6 SS , they can't still win WC 2007 :p :p

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Oh yeah, forget about the friendly matches. Not likely to bear fruit...

PBSI is not well supported financially at all! :crying: They had to scramble left and right to get funds to train our players. INA government have no money for badminton. Actually, there were some funds [not too much], but the Ministry of Sports ate the funds up themselves. :crying: Gone now... :crying:

The clubs are still generating talent as best they can, however, their contributions were never well recognized by PBSI and the government. Not enough incentive mechanism laaah. The club owners basically do it mainly based on their own goodwill towards the sport and the country. No financial benefits to them. I think if there are a lot more economic benefits, the club system can become even more competitive and will result in more superstars. Like soccer... :)

12. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    only a few strong players / pairs from CHN was played in PO 07. PO 07 is nothing for CHN, coz it's only a GP gold tourney, but Mas and Ina "appreciate" it as a SS tourney.

13. taufik-ist

it administrator
    as long as ina people love smoking, ina badminton will still 'alive' :D :D :D

14. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    i would rather win 6SS than a WC....

15. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    Stamina was the main reason. Even Agum Gumelar (Taufik's FIL) revealled it before the game.

Before the final match, Gao Ling was played for 360 minutes!!!
    Zheng Bo was played for 170 minutes.
    It is rare to see Gao / Huang played for 1 hour vs Eng pair, and 72 minutes vs Jpn WD, and Vita / Lili can't participated. If Lili was played in 2 sector, I hardly believe she can't win both of them (after success in CM, they was failed in Po 07, coz CHN pairs didn't know too much about Vita / Lili style of play). Plus, Nova / Lili receives a walkover from Rijal / Greysia..

Nova / Lili only played in 3 matches, for 121 minutes

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS nova / lili only can win against Zheng / Gao if one of them is not fit enough (look at S'pore SS 07).

H2H records favors to Zheng / Gao 4-2.

#135 Torres, Aug 21, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  16. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    yes ! a PERFECT example ! :D:D

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Thankfully, only u have this kind of mindset :eek:

World Cup comes once in every two years while SS comes once in a mth :cool:

18. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Depends on the players.. 6 SS is equal to alots $$$$$ , but win in the WC is the pride of their own & country !

19. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    i'm not jelous - I think its good Indonesia is a good badminton playing nation. And no, I dont think MAS is below INA.
    winning 6 SS means you are consistant enough to be at the top for more than 8 months. winning a WC means you are a brilliant flash in the pan in one tournament - if you win a WC and win other tournaments constantly, then yes, I will consider you a legend.
    Morten Frost was remember as one of the greatest players because he consistantly won opens and dominated the rankings. But he never won a WC. Would you say that he is inferior to the likes of Yang Yang and Han Jian?

I still remain unconvinced that INA is now a badminton powerhouse. You don't go from a country needing to review its badminton talent and system to a powerhouse second only to China in one tournament.
    depends on who wins. If CTF LWW wins, I would still say they haven't proven themselves to be consistant. If KKK TBH won, I would say that they are great because they have won MO, AE etc etc.
    i stand to be corrected. I rather be known as the person that dominated the badminton scene for years than one who just won once. Just like LP and JR... They won once, but I would still rate KKK TBH above them. And LP JR isn't even a flash in the pan... they were quite good for a few years.
    i'm not saying one SS is better than one WC... I'm saying winning tournament after tournament is better than just one WC. Will not comment on INA government.
    i disagree. WC is not like the Finals. Not everything rests on the WC. For example, in the coming Japan open, would you say that the top favourite for MD is MK HS? No! I still think its CY FHF although they lost in one tournament. ONE TOURNAMENT.

20. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    I'd still rather win 6SS rather than 1 WC. Winning one WC is, as i say again, might be because you are lucky. Winning 6SS means you are the BEST, and no one will doubt that. In my mind, KKK TBH and CY FHF is still better than MK HS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.