Chinese Domination 'Sickening'

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by DaN_fAn, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zuihoujueding

zuihoujueding Regular Member

China MD is just too good. Cai seems so fast around the court. Hes like leaping and jumping all over the place. Fu holds one of the fastest smashes...u know the result wen they are paired together. But they seems to be the only shining pairs for China.

2. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

But LYB's players are promising ! Fear is not an answer, others should learn and attract more coaches and players from china.

3. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Regular Member

Engineer
    :mad: GMTA, In my own "sick" way to an answer to Chinese domination would be to break that communication and e-mailing of that 'made in china' shuttlecocks, they are bias and maybe the word "brothers/sisters" applies? :(

Just a joke to the Great Wall. Honestly and truly, they do raise the game in a higher level that the rest of the 'nationalities' must work and challenge!

4. kktan

kktan Regular Member

dude.. sick dun watch!!!

dun blame others if u're not good enuff.

5. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    where were you DAN_FAN when ANUP played ?

i assume you're from india

6. laonong

laonong Regular Member

Maybe because they care too much about the result of their own countries. I used to like that kind of fans. Now I do not care much as before. If LD wins, that's good. I do wish the indian player beat LD and win this WC title. It may attract more indian to this sport.

7. thiery

thiery Regular Member

it's sick.....it's spoiled the sports. but china is a big country and they have lots of talent to choose from. the sad thing is denmark is going down. they dont have any youngsters to back up the old PG, KJ and the super old men doubles.

8. DaN_fAn

DaN_fAn Regular Member

I never said my idea was a practical one but one worth thinking about.Agree with what u say and the other posts saying China cannot be blamed for being good.
    And plz no one take this negatively.

My only idea was that would it not be cool if we had say if we had 8 quarter finalists in the MS in the WC who all belong to different countries.

If there was one Chinese winning the titles like say the way Lin Dan has been dominating would not mind because you can see other sports:-Tennis has similarly been dominated by Federer over sometime now.But the point is if you look at the quarter-finalists in Wimbledon they will come from a variety of nations even if eventually Fededer wns the interest on a global scale is more.

But if you look here in WC all events except MD are now potential All China affairs.I dont have a problem if China walks away with the 4 titles now.But this 'Dominance' having almost 3 semifinalists in each eevrnt is not good for the sport.Here lies the problem.

The concept of a WORLDS is that various nations across the globe take prt and there are players across the world who are good enough for the title.
    Again i am NOT blaming the Chinese for it.. rather the others but no matter what you tell me such Dominance is not good.

9. DaN_fAn

DaN_fAn Regular Member

Finally a supporter:D

Yo lol we just need some new 3-4 PG's or Taufiks.Atleast keep the MS field open.

10. DaN_fAn

DaN_fAn Regular Member

Again i mean if it was just one person i wouldn't mind at all.But it is not just one person.When i say Chinese domination you have to look at the semifinalists in the WC.In some cases......what almost 3 semifinalists in an event!
    That is Domination...would n't you agree?

11. chanbc

chanbc Regular Member

I am 100% agree with you. Perhaps you may notice that normally those kind of opinion (those who express dissatisfaction of one sport being dominated by one country) will only come from country that is relatively weak in that sport or they may be strong sometime ago and now become the underdog. We can only explain it as sour grapes attitude.

Similarly, Russian (or ex-Russian) were the dominating power in Chess for at least half a century until at least 1990's . We never heard of such naive opinion of saying that it is no good development for Chess. Those who are weak or underdog should do more rather than asking people to limit this and that so that the weaker can catch up.

12. chanbc

chanbc Regular Member

If your great Chess Grandmaster Anand have the same thinking as you. He will never achieve what he has.

13. WeltMeister

WeltMeister New Member

Yeah, sometimes I think the Chinese domination in badminton is quite annoying but lets face it... they have good coach,good player..... in fact their country's large population is also another advantage for them. China in badminton is like Brazil in football...

14. Green72(CAN)

Green72(CAN) Regular Member

I think Chinese domination is a good thing. Without it, we wouldn't have a thread like this in the forum :)

15. Gitlis

Gitlis Regular Member

Good point!
    In some sense (practically), tennis is an elite sports, but badminton is a grassroot sports. The populist fans made that happen and that in turn made such fans.

16. A fan

A fan Regular Member

Engineer
    China Domination

The attached article may explain one of the many reasons why China is so dominant in Badminton. Some other countries may have a similar program, but are they as well run and has as much financial resources as the one in China?

I understand one of their Badminton school is in Guangdong.

Attached Files:

17. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    Brilliant!
    Mas, Ina, Kor, Den and Eng can't do it anything to stop China. That's why they're very welcome if BWF launch a new policy to neutralize CHN might.

If CHN can sends 5 MS in WC07, there will be an ALL CHINESE SEMIFINAL, like they did in AE07.

18. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

dont worry about it, this time indonesia get 3 medals, hk 1 medals n china only get one .... although i m lindan fan...hehehe

19. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I can't see how you count..(I guess you are thinking prediction of "gold" medals?? )

China will take
    2 bronse medals in men singles
    1 gold or silver medal in mens singels
    2 bronse medals in womens singles
    1 gold or silver in womens singles
    1 bronse in Womens doubles
    1 gold in womens doubles
    1 silver in womens doubles
    1 bronse in mixed
    1 gold or silver in mixed..

To me that's 11 medals (or 16 depending if you count each separate medal per player) :)

/Twobeer

20. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    dream on... torress ...

1. chen jin.... lost to Ronald
    2. Chenyu .... lost to Sony
    3. Bao ..........lost to lindan
    4. Chen hong ...... will lose to LCW easily
    5 any china junior ms ... will lose to wacha easily (please remember china master 2007) :p:p :p :p :p :p :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.