World Championships 2007 - Aug 18 - Semifinals

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by badMania, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

My mind say CY will win, but my heart says Sony. Let's hope Sony can ruin the all Chinese final! Best of luck!

2. THEbaschti

THEbaschti Regular Member

MS:

Lin Dan vs. Sony final. BCL hardly beat LD ever lately and Lin is just too strong atm. CY of course won't underestimate Sony after he beat LCW and PG, but I don't think he can stop him, because he's really on fire...

MD:

LEE/JUNG vs. CTF/LWW in finals. The Koreans seem to be very strong and consistent now. and ctf/lww will win, there has to be a Malaysian victor for the home supporters!

WS:

Ning Zhang vs. Lin Zhu
    If anything is sure in this wc (which I doubt^^) it's ZN in the finals. Lin Zhu vs. Lan Lu...very hard to tell, I flipped a coin

WD:

Gao/huang vs. Zhang/Wei, Gao Ling just owns, and Zhang/Wei will win in a very tough game, I think.

XD:
    Gao/Zheng vs. Widianto/Natsir, Gao Ling again will do it, and Widianto/Natsir have the important mission to prevent another all-chinese final.

3. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Yes, I also hope for the same thing, basically is all up to Sony. If Sony can maintain his form then he shall win else the consistent Chen Yu will run him over.
    Wow, what a world championship and we thought we have seen all after the surprise defeat of Taufik followed by Xie Xingfang then Lee Chong Wei and now world # 1 and #2 are out in MD. My prediction to continue the upset category in SF :
    Bao beat Lin Dan or
    Wang Chen beat Zhang Ning or
    Ogura/Shiota beat Gao/Huang or
    Sony beat Chen Yu or
    None of the above which make me very upset :D

4. ben95

ben95 Regular Member

studient
    MS:

Lin Dan vs Bao Chunlai

After his struggle against LTS, Bao seems to be on form but LD is strong and had have three "easy" (let's not too hard) previous rounds.
    Another three games battle.

Chen Yu vs Sony Dwi Kuncoro

Chen Yu is my dark horse. i think he'll take in two tight games.

MD:

CTF/LWW vs MK/HS

Heartbreaking choice. Even if i'm really fan of CTF/LWW, stamina might a problem and moreover they often used to crumble after being on fire. Now that everybody is looking at them i'm not quit confident about their tomorrow's match :( . plus MK/HS convincely won over CW/TG

pleazzzz CTF/LWW, make me lie.

JJS/LYD vs SS/SI

The korean pair are warned and may probably be well mentally prepared. plus japeneses might be exhausted from their quarter.
    Two straight games.

5. ben95

ben95 Regular Member

studient
    MS:

Lin Dan vs Bao Chunlai

After his struggle against LTS, Bao seems to be on form but LD is strong and had have three "easy" (let's not too hard) previous rounds.
    Another three games battle.

Chen Yu vs Sony Dwi Kuncoro

Chen Yu is my dark horse. i think he'll take in two tight games.

MD:

CTF/LWW vs MK/HS

Heartbreaking choice. Even if i'm really fan of CTF/LWW, stamina might a problem and moreover they often used to crumble after being on fire. Now that everybody is looking at them i'm not quit confident about their tomorrow's match :( . plus MK/HS convincely won over CW/TG

pleazzzz CTF/LWW, make me lie.

JJS/LYD vs SS/SI

The korean pair are warned and may probably be well mentally prepared. plus japeneses might be exhausted from their quarter.
    Two straight games.

Edit: @BCL fans => maybe i change my pronostic. here is the reason:

Hyp: As we all know, if HH is "Yoyo club president", BCL is the not less famous "Mr. Runner-up".

(1) Moreover, once again HH has made honor with its title :rolleyes:
    (2) Thus according to (1), one can reasonably think that Bao will follow the way (i.e. honnoring his title)

(3). However to be "Mr. Runner-up", BCL as to be in finale.

(1)+(2)+(3) allow us to conclude that Bao will beat LD tomorrow.

Q.E.D :D

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    ld vs bcl
    sony dk vs chen y
    ctf/lww vs mk/hs

7. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    My kind of the BF member, fair and square :cool:

8. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Just glanced thru the SF playing list and don't quite understand why showing the Lin Dan vs Bao Chunlai instead of Sony vs Chen Yu and why not Wang Chen vs Zhang Ning, damn.

9. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    In my opinion, Chen Yu has taken over Chen Hong's job as the silent assassin... he will quietly take out every player in his path, and eventually get into the final. Just look at him in Singapore open 07, and All England 07, nobody really expects him to get there, but he just quietly gets there without anybody really noticing him. Chen Yu is really unpredictable, he will strike when you least expected... unlike the top players whom tend to fall when you least expected.:p

I would say Chen Yu has a very good chance of winning tomorrow against Sony. :cool:

Only thing that seems to be predictable about Chen Yu is that if you check recent records(late 2006 to now), every time when he is in the other half from Lin Dan, he tends to make it to the final.

EG. World Cup 06
    German Open 07
    All England 07
    Singapore Open 07

Also, he was either 1. early exist, or 2. appear in the final

#29 bananakid, Aug 17, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  10. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Just watched the qf match btw Chong/Lee and Cai/fu. LWW looks nearly flawless in his performance yesterday, playing so well at the net with less mistakes. If they continue produce such form, everything is possible.

11. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    ya.. looked like LWW pushed himself into his limit, he's not lazy as usual :p

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
  13. doublewings

doublewings Regular Member

I would like to see the cute Japanese girls get into the finals even though it's very improbable.

14. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I will vote : Reiko" as the most beautiful women player....I was so distracted and had to watch them......hehehe

15. taufik-ist

it administrator
    -edited-

she's made me keep looking at her when she plays :)

16. chemile

chemile Regular Member

MEN'S SINGLES
    Lin Dan vs Bao Chunlai 52-48 Super Lin Dan will pass through to final
    Chen Yu vs Sony Dwi Kuncoro -- 49-51 Sony on fire right now. But Chen Yu also has good power

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah vs Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan -- 49,5-50,5 agreed with Badmad, physical and emotional will be influenced. No matter which pair to be the winner, will be tough match.
    Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae vs Shuichi Sakamoto/Shintaro Ikeda -- 50-50 BUt I choose Japanese pair. Their achieve SF is amazing, defeat LH/AY and KKK/TBH also good achievement. If they can pass SF, they will be new competitors for existing MD. I think PJB has the best strategy to defeat Korean pair

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Zhang Ning vs Wang Chen -- 52-48 LYB will be mad if ZN lose
    Lu Lan vs Zhu Lin -- 49-51 battle of the youngsters....ZL have more stamina than LL

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Wei Yili/Zhang Yawen vs Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen -- 50-50 YW/ZJ almost lost in fiest set with Malaysian pair. I think they are not soild as before
    Kumiko Ogura/Reiko Shiota vs Gao Ling/Huang Sui -- 49-51 but I still hope no All Chinese Final, boring man....

MIXED DOUBLES
    Zheng Bo/Gao Ling vs Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa -- 50-50 definite tough match for FL/VM, but if they play nothing to loose, they can turn the table. Xie Zhongbo/Zhang Yawen vs Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir --50-50
    Nova/Butet usually difficult to face Asian player, mainly Chinese pair. But I still hope All Indonesian Final than All Chinese Final.

Boring if all Chinese Final in all sectors, thanks to FHF/CY to make this WC not full with Chinese players :) ....

17. taufik-ist

it administrator
    Lin Dan vs Bao Chunlai 52-48
    i tought you're a bao's fan :rolleyes:

18. renly

renly Regular Member

2 years from now you won't see Flandy anymore, he is to old to return and playing XD. so, this is it. must win situation. if they win , they play another pelatnas team and of course Flandy wil win XD and retired after so many many year in pelatnas.
    go FLANDY go VITA

19. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Since nobody picks Lu Lan over Zhu Lin, I bet on Lu Lan. In one kind of betting game, I will win all the money from all you guys if my prediction's correct.

Nobody picks Xie Zhongbo/Zhang Yawen either. I think they can win Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir

Lu Lan bt Zhu Lin

Xie Zhongbo/Zhang Yawen bt Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir

20. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    MEN'S SINGLES
    Lin Dan vs Bao Chunlai -- Lin who has not dropped a game will win but I really want Bao to prevail this time.

Chen Yu vs Sony Dwi Kuncoro -- Frankly, I didn't expect Chen to progress so far. Sony is my pick after his impressive win over Lee Chong Wei and he will beat Chen Yu in straight games if he maintains his form like the previous 2 matches.

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah vs Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan -- The INA has been impressive without losing a game but the MAS pair is all pumped up after coming from behind to defeat the defending champion yesterday. The MAS pair will take it in 3 games.

Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae vs Shuichi Sakamoto/Shintaro Ikeda -- The JPN pair has playing well by beating the higher seeds like Luluk/Alvent and Koo/Tan. However, I think Jung/Lee will pull it off.

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Zhang Ning vs Wang Chen -- Both have been impressive without dropping a single game. Zhang just has the slight edge!

Lu Lan vs Zhu Lin -- Zhu will win!

For WS, it should be all CHN final.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Wei Yili/Zhang Yawen vs Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen -- Yang/Zhang will win in 3 games.

Kumiko Ogura/Reiko Shiota vs Gao Ling/Huang Sui -- The more experienced CHN pair should prevail!

For WD, it should be all CHN final.

MIXED DOUBLES
    Zheng Bo/Gao Ling vs Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa -- The CHN should win but I hope for an upset.

Xie Zhongbo/Zhang Yawen vs Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir -- The INA pair will win narrowly.

For XD, it should be a CHN-INA final.