Malaysian Singles Out!!

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by kedahan, Aug 16, 2007.

1. kedahan

kedahan New Member

uni student
    Hashim and LCW are out tonight...too bad!!

2. kedahan

kedahan New Member

uni student
    Hafiz and Anup are around the same standard.Too sad he is out now.But by their standard its hard to make it to semis no matter who won in quarter..

3. Speed & Power

Speed & Power Regular Member

Correction: Malaysian Men's Singles Out!!

* Wong Mew Choo is still in with a fighting chance!!

4. sudirman

sudirman Regular Member

what happened to LCW........................

5. soleha

soleha Regular Member

student
    Dont worry...its just a game... as usual,have the winner n the loser...the winner is not always be the winner n the loser is not everytime being the loser...thats all..its part of this game...

6. kedahan

kedahan New Member

uni student
    Ya man,my mistake...Mew Choo sure impressed the world today..She really improved a lot..glad to see that.
    I think LCW played OK this match,not too bad.Sony is exceptional.His defence just broke LCW.I would predict Sony and LD in the final..

7. lfk_74

lfk_74 Regular Member

Too bad, it's the end of the road for the Malaysian men's single team. There's still hope for the men's double.

8. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    hope?? where is it? cant see.........kekeke..............hehehe.......

9. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

His game was totally off. Looking back, I can't believe that it was LCW playing. Simply not his technique. Well, maybe he got too much pressure from the home crowd.
    Despite what happened, I still believe in him. It was just one of the few times when things don't fall in the right places. Part of any sport for that matter.

More power LCW!

10. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

My fear a month ago, which I've mentioned on this board, has come true. LCW peaked at the wrong time and ran out of steam in WC.

11. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    There is no excuse...it is the pressure, pressure and more pressure from high expectation from fans, at home and from himself.

12. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    With a bulleye behind your back with a big target "the one to beat" from high expectations to win...I never believe as Ants said, the players do not read papers, as for sure some news would get to the players in one way or another...some athlete reacts to pressure differently, Mohd Ali strives on pressure, Wayne Greztky, ice hockey icon, handles pressure of being no. 1 best, unfortunately, LCW and most MAS players could not handle pressure when the focus is on them, as proven time in time out...when do we learn, I just too disappointed LCW did not win, as the opportunity could not be better.

13. kedahan

kedahan New Member

uni student
    I agree with you Inky,as I mentioned too in a thread few days ago titled ''Taufik is Out" which is already been removed I dont know why..saying that Taufik somehow 'plan' his lost..but I was really being bombarded for that..hahahaha..really Malaysian players simply can keep their prime status to a bigger tournament...Taufik really outsmart in this area,thats what I observed.

LCW really peak at the wrong time....btw,I just watch the TV1 night WC review,in the interview he really released his fire against Chief Coach kao kao..hahaha...he is really under pressure thats what he said..

14. kedahan

kedahan New Member

uni student
    All the words I can remember from the interview LCW said that Chief Coach(Yap) has noticed how hard he trained prior to the WC and has confidence that he can take the title..Yap then tell the press about it,thus creating a pressure on him,and he will privately settle this with Coach Yap.. poor LCW..hope he recover soon.

15. staples

staples Regular Member

I'm quite sure she'll be taken care of by Zhu Lin in the next round. At least she did reach the quarter's.

16. kedahan

kedahan New Member

uni student
    Well thats not necessarily correct but we will see.. : )

17. ixory

ixory Regular Member

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 16 (Bernama) -- Malaysian first singles player Lee Chong Wei blamed head coach Yap Kim Hock for placing too much pressure leading to his loss to Indonesian Sony Dwi Kuncoro.

The world No. 3 and tournament second seed went down tamely 11-21, 9-21 in 36 minutes to Indonesia's second singles player, a three-time Asian champion.

Chong Wei said Kim Hock put too much emphasis on him winning to end a 30 year drought since 1977 particularly when it was being held at home.

"Kim Hock always stressed that I have to deliver in the singles. No other players name were mentioned. The intense pressure affected my focus during the game," he added.

He said this problem only came about when Wong Tat Meng became singles coach replacing Chinese Li Mou in Feb.

"I had been under Tat Meng for five months but my game did not improve until I asked to train under former national champion Misbun Sidek, Li Mou's predecessor.

"Kim Hock may not like it but under Misbun, I won the Indonesian Open in May," said an emotional Chong Wei.

He admitted that his relationship with Kim Hock was frosty since six months ago and that he had to expose this as he did not want his game to suffer at future tournaments.

18. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    how about taken out by ZN at final?
    at least she reach final....:D
    or, how about WMC take home the WC?

19. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    i believe the pressure from kim hock was nothing compared to LYB's, just look at how LD has coped with it all these years.......as a real champion has no fear for pressure.

20. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    i agree to this. just do not finger pointing or blame others.