Former World Champion Taufik OUT

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by shawn30_k, Aug 15, 2007.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i was being sarcastic:p:D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4DgQjSsVSc

some also say LD is arrogant because he didnt shake LCW's hand. As i have explained before in another thread, LCW was too occupied with bowing to LD :p

#21 cooler, Aug 15, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

u mean the 'why taufik lost' threads? It gotten too large. Better to start another one.

3. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

ya, read some of the excuses and was looking forward to reading more when I woke up, but thread is gone :p

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

now that u mention it, i can't find those 'why taufik lost/lose' threads anymore

5. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

I guess maybe things got too heated and Kwun deleted it or something :p

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

hmm, i thot heated debates build stronger bonds. Husbands and wives do it all the times:)

7. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Well, that's true... I wonder what happened, I guess all the Taufik fans just can't take him losing early again... lucky LD, BCL, CJ, CH all won their matches :D

8. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Taufik did play his hardest, and even though he lost, he lost with dignity in my book.:cool:

No excuses for his loss though.:p

By the way, I look forward to post the above same post when LCW loses next in a different thread...LOL.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

it's too bad, we all have lotta fun in those threads

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Badminton: Hidayat crashes out of world championships
    Channel NewsAsia - Thursday, August 16KUALA LUMPUR : Indonesia's Taufik Hidayat was sensationally dumped from the world badminton championships on Wednesday by unseeded Anup Sridhar from India.

Olympic champion Hidayat, who had been seeded No 8 here, clawed his way back into the match after losing the first game, but ultimately had no answer for the lanky Indian, ranked just 41st in the world.

Hidayat seemed sluggish during the first game but showed flares of brilliance towards the end as the pair matched point for point, before the Indian edged home in a 21-14, 24-26, 22-20 thriller.

Hidayat applauded the cheering crowds afterwards but declined to speak to waiting media about the shock loss.

Sridhar said that despite having never beaten the Indonesian star before, and cramping in his left leg towards the end, he was determined to hold on and claim the biggest scalp of his career.

"I knew I had a chance but you never think you can beat someone like that," said Sridhar, who moves into the third round.

"I was getting a little desperate because I was upset at losing the very close second. I was getting desperate and making too many unforced errors," said Sridhar, who is yet to win a top tournament and was bundled out of the event last year in the first round.

In the second upset of the day, England's doubles duo Anthony Clark and Robert Blair, silver medallists at the 2006 worlds, were ousted by unseeded Polish pair Michal Logosz and Robert Mateusiak 21-16, 21-16.

In contrast, world number one Lin Dan of China coasted into the third round, trouncing Hong Kong's Ng Wei 21-8, 21-10.

Malaysia kept their hopes of a first-ever world title alive with second seed Lee Chong Wei hammering Eric Pang 21-7, 21-11 to also move to the third round.

The Malaysian star looked in fine form with an array of overhead smashes and delicate net shots, all of which left the Dutchman struggling.

Compatriots Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong, the Asian Games and All-England champions, quickly followed Lee's lead, despatching Roman Spitko and Michael Fuchs of Germany in just 26 minutes.

"This was a good start for us," Koo said.

Their main rivals, defending champions Fu Haifeng and Cai Yun, had an easy outing against Bulgaria's Vladimir Metodiev and Stilian Makarski, winning 21-12, 21-10.

Denmark's Peter Gade, the only European capable of taking on the Asian giants in men's singles, fought off a ferocious challenge from Hong Kong's Yan Kit Chan before clinching his 21-18, 25-23 win with a precision overhead smash.

On the women's side, defending champion Xie Xingfang led the Chinese charge for gold, steamrolling her way into the third round over Ana Moura of Portugal.

It was the world number two's first outing at Putra Stadium and the twig-thin Xie barely raised a sweat, winning 21-2, 21-7.

Teammate and world number one Zhang Ning was similarly never troubled by Jang Soo Young in her opener, downing the South Korean 21-9, 21-14.

Fourth seed Pi Hongyan, a former Chinese squad member now playing for France, outclassed Canada's Charmaine Reid 21-13, 21-12, while Asian Games gold medallist Wang Chen of Hong Kong easily downed Singapore's Li Li 21-13, 21-6.

Attached Files:

• th1.jpg
      th1.jpg
      File size:
      48.6 KB
      Views:
    • th3.jpg
      th3.jpg
      File size:
      55.4 KB
      Views:
    • th2.jpg
      th2.jpg
      File size:
      70.7 KB
      Views:
  11. snasirin

snasirin Regular Member

Lecturer
    well done anup...

12. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
    more picture's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      49.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      121.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      29 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      217.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      44.2 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      144.8 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      147.7 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      52.7 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      52.3 KB
      Views:
  13. emal_1992

emal_1992 New Member

surprise for taufik lost
    im very depress and surprise for this happen
    i think taufik don't ready for this world championship
    everywhere he wants and is ready he won championship
    taufik is my favourite player
    i hope he won next competition and proof his game

14. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Taufik Cry

Unheralded Indian sends Olympic champ packing
    OLYMPIC champion Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia sat in a corner with tears in his eyes before dashing out of the stadium a dejected man.
    His hopes of winning a perfect gift for his newborn daughter, Natarina Alika, in the World Championships went up in smoke at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil yesterday. Taufik was beaten 14-21, 26-24, 20-22 by Indian Anup Sridhar in a thrilling men’s singles second-round match that lasted one hour and 13 minutes.
    The 2005 world champion did not want to be interviewed and when pressed for comments as he was rushing out of the stadium to catch the bus, he muttered: “He played well ... he played well.”
    With Taufik’s exit, a projected quarter-final match against defending champion Lin Dan of China has been eliminated from the cards. And Indonesia are left with Sony Dwi Kuncoro and Simon Santoso to carry their challenge for the title.
    [​IMG] UNHERALDED Anup Sridhar stole the thunder in second round action of the World Badminton Championships at the Putra Stadium yesterday. The Indian shuttler scored a stunning 21-14, 24- 26, 22-20 win over Olympic and 2005 world champion Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia.
    While Taufik was in a state of shock as well as many of those in the 3,000-strong crowd, the 24-year-old Anup, who hails from Bangalore, jumped for joy.
    “This is the biggest win of my badminton career thus far and I am really thrilled about it,” said Anup, who was a first-round casualty in his debut in the championships in Madrid last year.
    “I lost to him in the ABC (Asian Badminton Championships) in straight games but it was close. I don’t think Taufik played badly today.”
    Anup will certainly remember how he beat Taufik for a long time, if not forever.
    After taking the first game, he looked good to create the biggest upset of the day when he caught up from 15-19 to 19-19 but Taufik clawed back to force a rubber game with a nerve-wrecking extended 26-24 win.
    In the decider, the lanky Indian who stands at 1.89m, stared at defeat after trailing 13-18 but he showed great mental strength and clever play to haul himself back to seal the famous win.
    [​IMG] Collector’s item: Fans clamouring for the racquet thrown by Indonesia's Taufik Hidayat after he lost his match to India’s Anup Sridhar yesterday.
    “I was patient. He is extremely clever at the net and I tried to keep the shuttle away from there. I was a little desperate at 13-18 but I just refused to let go,” said Anup.
    When asked whether he saw himself as the next player to follow in the footsteps of the two Indian All-England champions Prakash Padukone and P. Gopichand, he was modest to say that “I am not even close (in standard) with them”.
    “I have only reached the last 16 of the World Championships. The challenge has not ended yet,” added Anup, who began his career at the Prakash Padukone Academy and is now under the charge of Gopichand at the national centre.
    On today’s third round match against Malaysia’s Mohd Hafiz Hashim, Anup said: “I will not only be facing him but also the Malaysian crowd. But I’m used to that and I will be ready.”

15. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Give TH a break, his mind just wasn't in badminton for now. His presence at WC 2007 is just a PR visit. I bet he didn't even train or get himself mentally prep for this tournament. Give him time and once the family stabilized, he will come back hungry for another title. So, for now we can say TH is taking sabbaticle. Enjoy the newborn and comeback sooooonnnnn.

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

USAfan, stop trying to make excuses for the guy. He was supposed to be well prepared and to be able to win this for his baby daughter -- it was from the horse's mouth.:D

If he was not ready, then he pays the price for mouthing off in the first place --- similarly, I would pay the price if LCW does not win.;)

17. smashko

smashko Regular Member

Taufik cried because he was sad that he had broken the his 1st ever promise to his new born daughter.
    TH seems to have trouble when facing tall players. Remember that he has quite poor h2h record against BCL who stands 1.90m tall.

18. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    i'm glad he cried it means TH still wants to win a tournament :)
    TH got a good lesson..
    He will bounce back soon :)

19. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Please guys, those were crocodile tears, just for show. I bet he took the very first flight home to be his newborn and wife. I only wonder if its in his sponsors contract that he must participate the WC 2007.

20. jez ng

jez ng Regular Member

student
    oh...taufik...

so sad la! taufik lost to anu...he was so sad...many of us were very sad 2.this can be seen in the stadium yesterday...miss him a lot...he is going back probably today...so sad...