Bay Badminton Center rumors.

Discussion in 'Bay Badminton Center ( BBC )' started by samkool, Mar 14, 2007.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    BBC is our CCC's Sister Club in the USA

Hi Ben Lee, Harry Tan, Ronald Fong & Victor Lo,

We just received email from Ronald Fong about your Bay Badminton Center. :):):)

As life is action and passion, you guys are sharing your action and passion of your time with us in our Badminton World.

And we are...
    Rejoicing With You :):):)

Our members@ccc will definitely pay you guys a visit and play at your BBC when we visit the Bay Area, San Francisco, USA.

Since you are located so close to the San Francisco International Airport, BBC could be the first place for us to visit. :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc
    CCC Badminton, Melbourne, Australia

2. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Regular Member

Hello Chris,
    How exciting to have you and your club members here at BBC. Please let me know when you all will be in town and we will prepare a fun night at BBC for you all. I have been playing international badminton for many years and always look forward to players coming over from abroad. Please keep in touch.
    Ben

3. yba501

yba501 Regular Member

Hello Ben,

I'm not trying to be negative or difficult. It seems you are quite sensitive to this issue. I am only reacting to Monto in BC that suggest we see the meeting minutes so I google myself, and maybe I notice something some people did not. If you look earlier into this thread, there was a lot of discussion about your permits and other issues which many others BC'ers replied their personal comments to. If you say you can amend all the problem issues with City, this is great because even they are "non" badminton people, whatever conditions they set, we must all obey. Thats the structure of law. I only write a few times since I registered to BC and I never expect or experienced such a defensive reaction and attitude to a legitimate query. I am not a troublemaker. I am a badminton enthusiast like everyone else in BC and I thought this is a badminton forum and everyone here is to chat about badminton freely? My name is Arthur Yeong and I work in LA Orage county. I work in the same law firm since I came to US 9 years ago. I am male, and (not comfortable to tell my age). I have played much badminton before but not really have time with long work hours in US. Seems to be OT all the time doing research and litigation. When you open Bbc, I will visit and introduce myself to you. "I am Yaba." You didn't give me your number, there is no number on the bbc website. Good luck for you. I think alot of people are waiting for you to open and maybe some people are not trying to be negative as you are thinking. I will check out some other awesome Clubs in the Bay Area too now since grown so many. We envy SF have so many badminton clubs. I am still hoping you will post any updates if you can suceed to amend the problems.

Truly, Yaba

4. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Regular Member

Bbc

Arthur,

Thank you for your reply and your honesty. You must understand why I am so defensive about BBC. It takes so much work and dedication to open a badminton club like BBC that I cannot afford to run into too many problems. We have already hit some roadblocks along the way and have to fight through them all. Trust me, I really do appreciate your feedback.

Another reason I will defend BBC with all my heart is because my vision for badminton in the Bay Area extends much more than just opening up a badminton club. My vision is to grow the sport and make it more mainstream like some of the other big sports. Can you imagine if we can all enjoy badminton on TV? How great would that be? I have many plans and ideas in my head at this time that I cannot discuss. I have three other partners that are awesome to work with and very supportive.

Thank you again Yaba for your reply. My offer to play with you when you visit is sincere. Just give me a call before you come and I will be happy to do whatever I can to make it happen. The only thing that would prevent it is work.

Ben

5. speedie_birdie

speedie_birdie Regular Member

What is the ceiling height? Couldn't find that info anywhere on your website or in this thread. Thanks.

6. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Regular Member

sorry it took awhile to reply. i need to get an exact measurement before i post. i will keep you posted. thanks.
    Ben

7. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

Ben just wanted to encourage you about the new gym. You've staked a great location in the middle of san mateo county! It will be perfect for me when i come up north to visit my folks and great for many other players from ssf all the way to belmont and probably as far west as half moon bay. I hope opening goes smoothly, i cant wait to see what it looks like!

8. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Regular Member

Yes, we are very proud of our location. We are about 5 minutes away from the San Francisco airport. (maybe less) Thank you so much for your encouragement. It really means a lot. My partners and I will continue to work hard to provide a great club for all players to enjoy. Please keep in touch with BC to get the latest.

9. shreky

shreky Regular Member

hello badminton friends. does anybody know when in September BBC would open? the website just say Sep 2007. i'll be in cali for a week and will be stopping by BBC (and ABC in socal). thanks.

10. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Regular Member

Shreky,
    Thank you so much for wanting to stop by BBC. Unfortunately, we are under the mercy of construction times. Our target date to open was the beginning of Sep. but now pushed back due to construction. I will do my best to keep everyone posted.:rolleyes:

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    drove up to SFO to pick up my mom this evening. saw the BBC building from 101 and the lights are on. looks like Ben and crew are working overtime!

12. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Regular Member

Hi Kwun,
    Yes, we have our weekly meeting every Wednesday evening. We are also trying to do some cleaning in preparation for construction. The landlord is trying to clear some things out for us so we could work without any interruptions once construction starts. Hold onto your hats, BBC will be coming soon.

13. jump17

jump17 Regular Member

Are there any new updates regarding BBC?

14. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Regular Member

Yes, we are continually moving forward. There is just so much more work with the gym size & number of courts (16 courts) we wanted to provide and we do not want to compromise anything. We will pay every attention to detail and make sure BBC will be provide all our members with the best badminton experience possible. The city of Burlingame has been absolutely great to work with and I have formed some very close friendships through the process. They are doing everything they can to make our process go smoothly.

By the way, our advertising partners are now taking up most of our advertising space. We are almost sold to capacity with advertising. If anyone is interested in advertising with us, please contact us right away. Please contact me through BBC email. BenLee@baybadminton.com or HarryTan@baybadminton.com if you are interested.

Take care and please be patient just a while longer, BBC is coming REALLY REALLY SOON. ;)

BBC Management Team

15. monto

monto Regular Member

As the opening date approaches, will there be any sign up promotions?

I heard from an acquaintance about a corporate promo for 14 months, just wanted to see if Ben might have something up his sleeve for us BCers. Something to compete with the GGBC2 deal, perhaps? ;)

16. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Regular Member

Hello BCers,
    Due to the tremendous response to our pre-opening special, we will be ending the promotion on Sep. 30, 2007. I know that everyone is anxious and excited for our opening date and we are working very hard to make that happen very soon. BBC would like to thank everyone for their support and we remain committed to bringing all of you a high quality badminton club. Please stay tuned.

Ben

17. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Hey Benster, That is Schmooglbe, Cant wait to go all squybongilito in your new facility!!! Keep up all the Rioly updates!!! Peace out B Mastaflashfunkyheadhunta

18. jump17

jump17 Regular Member

with GGBC2 opening in a few days, any updates on BBC's opening date?

19. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Regular Member

Hi Jump,
    I wish I could give you a solid opening date. We are continuously working hard to get BBC up and running. Don't worry, the date is closing in. If you get a chance, please stop by and say hello.
    Ben

20. shreky

shreky Regular Member

wow. the website just been updated .... opening october .... i'll be in the bay area soon and hopefully the gym would be open by then.:D