China Masters 2007 - July 14 - Semi Finals

Discussion in 'Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philipp' started by ants, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Titan

Titan Regular Member

There's still a possibility that LCW and WCH will lose their semi games...urgghh..will be so frustrating if this happens...come on LCW and WCH..you can do it!!..

2. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Yesterday, the Black Friday 13th turned out to be a GREAT day for Msia team for having 3 candidates playing in the SF. Let's hope today at least one of them make it through...

LCW vs LD (49-51): very very very tough game. I expect another titanic game with a rubber game thriller. Whoever wins it is very likely to run away with the MS title (No disrespect to WACHA and WCH). LCW wanna keep his winning streak going into the WC08, yet LD wanna revenge for his lost during SudirmanCup. Misbun, pls do ur magic :D and LYB, pls dun threaten to break LCW's leg :mad:

WCH vs WACHA (51-49): WACHA-mania...!!! Another uphill task for our warrior. pls watch out for WACHA :p I hope WCH's vast experience will pull him through... go go go WCH

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I really hope LCW beats LD. Two consecutive wins would give the World Championships so much more hype.

4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I want to share this discussion I had with a buddy at the local fitness center with you all...I was watching the live streaming and CCTV5 switched the darn thing to volleyball...and I as well as fellow BCers then resigned to watching live scoring and commenting point by point on the threads in BC forum...with some fella posted comments like "need to call ambulance", "I can't take this anyway", "LCW get the next point", "indra's humors", "TH pulling even", tension and so on.
    And the time on my side was 3.30 am ...my buddy was amazed at our craziness and said, "you guys and gals are not even watching the game live but instead looking at the live scoreboard", that is fanatic at the highest order and nutty to stay awake at 3.30 am looking at scoreboard, should go get a life....it was then I realized we are all true fanatics of this wonderful game that we share a passion with...and oblivion to the fact that we are picturing the game being played out in our mind and chasing our idol and hero to win the game, salivating the tension as the game was so close throughout...At least we are addicted to a sport, and not drugs, etc....life could be worst, as I told my buddy...this morning, I felt lethagic and tired due to lack of sleep. I told my wife about this incident and she too said I should get a life and really, really nutty to watched a scoreboard at 3.30 am!! Ahhh, woman being her, how can you make her understand the fun and thrill we had and GUESS WHAT! we are going for it again in the semi-final coming up with LCW vrs LD...another night of no sleep, what the heck, won't kill us. ...hahaha!!! LOL!!:D:p

Jessica, jimbo and kwun like this.
  5. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

OneToughBirdie, my hat off to U :) A true badm lunatic fan, just like many of us, but what the heck? Millions, if not billions, of soccer fans watching World Cup in the middle of the nights. Just that we watch the live scoreboard or webcast. Either way, it matters not... Pal, got ur Redbull ready to stay awake again? :D Here u go, a Redbull, fedex to U...

Malaysia BOLEH...!!!

6. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

Originally Posted by KlasseE [​IMG]
    LD>LCW
    volcom/LI De Quan/bananaboy/tommy bun/jasonvan/tkg2609

LCW>LD
    krisna/gidong/rwchen/taufik-ist/

Felicia txh/georgeachongwei/niezzam6177/ XBall/KlasseE/zqloy/nwy5633/leanardklh/
    angelatby/huangkwokhau/misty100/
    TPA_AON/apontoh/madbad/robin7/
    kwun/titan/cheung/

Now is 22 LCW : 7 LD

where are all those LD supporters?

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

WoW, China Masters SS is the most interesting Super Series thus far, so many surprising have realized here.

MS -- LCW vs LD, after superb performance defeated the biggest hurdle TH yesterday, no reason to lost for LCW today. For the first time, it will be no CHN MS representative in final of SS tourney, as we know CHN always secured at least one MS finalist in the last round from MAS to INA SS.
    *1st MAS : PG vs BCL
    *2nd KOR : LD vs CJ
    *3rd AE : LD vs CY
    *4th SUI : CJ vs Simon
    *5th SIN : Boonsak vs CY
    *6th INA : LCW vs BCL
    WCH vs Wacha -- I guess this brilliant Poland will continue his breakthrough action. What an impressing Wacha!

WS -- ZN vs Pi, can Pi make another shock again? No, I guess.
    XXF vs Yip PY, wanna see Yip create upset

MD -- very glad, certainly one final ticket for INA. Cai/Fu against Kido/Setiawan tomorrow

WD -- seems another all-CHN-final in process

XD -- ZB/GL vs Nathan/Gail, tight games but still believe the Chinese will walk into finale
    Clark/Kellogg vs Nova/Lilyana, INA pair has a chance to win this.

8. szean56

szean56 Regular Member

student
    LCW , GAMBATEH ! Try ur best !! All Malaysian fully support u

9. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I am still in the dark as to whether this is for prediction or for wish.

Wish: No doubt it must be my countryman, Lee Chong Wei (of course I am biased towards my own countryman)

Prediction: If this were played outside China and Malaysia, I would say LCW has the slight edge. But this match being in China, it could be bane or boon for LD. I think it's 50-50 on whether it will be bane or boon. So, no prediction there. 50-50.

10. JasonMichael

JasonMichael Regular Member

IT consultant
    LD>LCW

LCW>LD

Felicia txh/georgeachongwei/niezzam6177/ XBall/KlasseE/zqloy/nwy5633/leanardklh/
    kwun/titan/cheung/JasonMichael

LCW... show Lin Dan who's da boss k!!!!

11. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Wacha (pronounced Vaha, sorry to disappoint those who made "wacha" rhymes :)) defeated Chen Yu and Lu Yi. Rather impressive but not even nearly as impressive as beating Boonsak. Right up to that QF match, I had Boonsak as a sure-lock for a semi-final spot (against Chen Hong).

WCH defeated Chen Hong, Sony and KJ. This is also very impressive.

Before playing Chen Yu, I never even thought about it. Before Lu Yi, I thought the first-round win was a flash in the pan. Before Boonsak, I thought yeah ok, not bad but no way this time.

Well, against WCH, I think WCH will prevail. Stubborn me. I could eat my words (if I knew how to do that), but I'd not be too sad if Wacha wins actually. Something fresh for a change.

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yes. it is just hard to describe.

our fanaticism is addictive, even though we are only connected by a computer screen i think every one can share and feel our passion for badminton.

good post. +karma for you OneToughBirdie!

13. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    MD: Very confident of a Fu/Cai v Kido/Setiawan final. Fu/Cai is undoubtedly the best pair in the world right now. They have reaffirmed why they are #1 for so long. Meanwhile I think Kido/Setiawan benefitted much from the absence of the Koreans and Tony/Candra (and also the elimination of CTF/LWW). They must take Alven/Luluk seriously though.

WS: A usual Xie-Zhang final on the cards, but the Chinese have never looked more in trouble in this event for a long time. If Pi and Yip wants to spring an upset, now is the best chance.

WD: Another usual all-Chinese final, but like WS, this is the best chance for the outsiders to upset the odds, especially Marissa/Natsir.

XD: The most open event. Any combination could equally be in the final. But I predict the English to lose in both semis.

14. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    LCW finally break his jinx over the player he never bear in SS before (TH) yesterday.
    It doesnt really matter whether he will win today or not coz he already beats LD in straight sets at SC 07.
    He shld conserved his energy & should not reveal much his game plan to his possible opponents in the next great tournament (WC07) in his home soil.

15. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

LD>LCW

LCW>LD
    kwun/titan/cheung/JasonMichael/jimbo;)

LCW... show Lin Dan who's da boss k!!!!
    Malaysia BOLEH...!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Some of us are neutral when it comes to LCW and LD, but after LCW's terrific form in defeating Taufik yesterday, we realistically vote for LCW today... :)

Maybe even some LD supporters cannot deny that Lin's unsavory form recently... and as proven in the Sudirman Cup match against LCW was not a good sign...

17. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    put me for LCW>LD!!!

18. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    This SF LD vs LCW will not end out in a 3 match thriller.. Whoever win the 1st set.. Will simply go in to the final..
    LD has more willingness to win this game for his home fans than LCW.
    However, IF LCW come out on top in 1st set. There could be end of the road for LD here.
    I see only a 2-0 wins for either players .

19. niepan

niepan Regular Member

LD>LCW
    because 1. homeland factor; 2. he should have learnt something from the last loss to LCW; 3. motivated; 4. Yesterday's fight was a good practice for him

20. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

LD>LCW
    LD cant afford to lose in CHN, especially since he is the only one left in the semis.