China Masters 2007 - July 13 - Quarter Finals

Discussion in 'Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philipp' started by ants, Jul 12, 2007.

1. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    LCW vs WCH finals? LYB will be :crying:.

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I hope not but this is possibilities that BCL will lose to LD easily...honestly it dents more on China reputation ....not good for sport and it may create ANTI chinese Matches in future.....I still like BCL to win...( one of my favorite, not LD) BCL is humbler than LD and I hope that LYB will not put any pressure to any of them.....;)

3. badmad

badmad Regular Member

I don't feel like writing often but I must admit that this tournament has been very exciting so far to follow and I can't hide my excitement. With wong choong hann scoring amazing wins, i feel like watching his match. I feel really excited to see him doing some damage. :)

LCW match against TH would be another treat. Lets see who wins in this encounter. Both are confident and classy. We should expect a thriller here.

and, LD and BCL, let them play. I wont care to watch them when I have such lovely matches to watch. :rolleyes:

4. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    If I were in LYB situation, I would at least let LD and BCL fight hard for the 1st game... for the reason, that up to this point both LD and BCL have not had a good match to really warm them up in preparation of TH(yes, he will send LCW home:p along with his teammates). Taufik managed to defeat Gade convincingly:crying:, and then he has a chance to have a tough match(well, at least expecting one:p) against LCW, so in a way, he is more prepared than LD or BCL if they were to play under team orders.

But of course it would be better for us fans to have the opportunity to watch LD vs BCL play for real:) but seriously, don't expect too much. Remember, "The end justifies the means" and victory is all that it matters to Team China.:cool:

5. badmad

badmad Regular Member

Hail to the Team China, Hail to LYB... :rolleyes:

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Madbad should always follow badmad and vice versa. My takes:

Women's Singles

Ning Zhang vs Yihan Wang. An interesting one here as the prize pupil takes on the grande dame. Wang has nothing to lose and could put on another scintillating display but this is Team China, fraught with politics and team orders. Absolutely no way is LYB going to allow the young 'un to upset ZN's preparation for the World Championships.

Huaiwen Xu vs Hongyan Pi. Battle of the defectors. A close match beckons. Am I stupid enough to write off Xu as I have done many times before... err... yes (again) because it's Pi and she's cute :D

Shao-Chieh Cheng vs Pui Yin Yip. Ooh, I like this one. Promises to be a high energy affair between two fighters. Based on current form, I'm inclined to give it to Yippy.

Lan Lu vs Xingfang Xie. The least intriguing of the Ws matches. Xie will win–she gets stronger as a tournament progresses.

Men's Singles

Dan Lin vs Chunlai Bao. I feel sorry for Bao. How does one beat LYB's pet student, especially on home turf? LD won't need any help and should come through.

Chong Wei Lee vs Taufik Hidayat. Two good friends try to kick the crap out of each other. Psychologically and statistically, TH owns LCW but that's gotta end sometime. Remember LCW used to own Bao in the same way. A hard one to call because LCW is in great form and seems to be playing freely. If push comes to shove, you've gotta go with Taufik (reluctantly).

Przemyslaw Wacha vs Boonsak Ponsana. Our latest cult hero, the Prince of Poland takes on the raging hot King of Thailand. BP has stepped it up several gears recently and will accelerate away comfortably from Wacha.

Kenneth Jonassen vs Choong Hann Wong. Battle of the old guys. Both are in impressive form but WCH has always had that little extra something. As a Malaysian he's of a different breed–ever seen his game face? WCH to edge it.

7. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Unfortunately, that's how it works in a communist country.:eek:
    I don't like it, and don't agree with it... but what can you do about it?:confused: I chose to live somewhere else... hahaha... escaping from Hong Kong before 1997!!!:p

8. badmad

badmad Regular Member

man, you are more active here... for me, work kills, so i just contribute by reading... :p

9. bcmmgr

bcmmgr Regular Member

About LD vs BCL, I remember last time LYB has ONE-SET rule, who win the first set will be the winner, the second set is just to finish the game.

10. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

I am not saying this often, i think Taufik will win over LCW. But, i still support LCW untill his last breath..

11. chity hour

chity hour Regular Member

taufik is a good player
    but sorry to say
    chong wei is the best

12. pramilainc

pramilainc Regular Member

ACGT
    I think KJ will prevail over WCH because

1. KJ in firey form; knocked out SS in 26 mins.
    2. WCH must be tired after 2 x 3-set games.
    3. KJ always plays a step above when PG is knocked out; he knows as long as PG is in contention he doesnt have a chance.

13. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

BP vs. LHI - at least 10 times to date, with the record of 5:5

JO '01 - LHI won
    Asia Cup '01 - LHI won
    HK O '03 - BP won
    TC preliminary '04 - BP won
    OG '04 - BP won
    S'pore O '05 - LHI won
    IO '05 - LHI won
    Thailand O '06 - BP won
    AG team '06 - LHI won
    Thailand O '07 - BP won

And as I've stated in one of my previous postings, BP has never played against PG to date!

14. indra

indra Regular Member

TH vs LCW....

Deep down, I hate to see both have to "kill" each other at the quarterfinals...I would rather to see this match in the final round...because qualitatively speaking, this is the real final....Whoever wins in this match will win the Championship...

LD and BAO are not dangerous at present....If now, Bonsak is to play against either LD or BAO, I think BP will win....

I have never seen LCW as a real threat to TH, because TH psychologically has always treated him as his "younger brother" or "best friend"....But now TH has no other choice but get LCW out of the competion....because TH's first mission to play in China is to defeat his No.1 rival and shuttler in front of China's supporters...

So...TH will win over LCW convincingly..in straight sets...

15. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

I support the Malaysian Men's single, but sentiment aside, my semi-final prediction as follows:-LD vs LCW, KJ vs BP.
    My final prediction:- LD vs BP (LD to win).
    Malaysia malay men's double pair (Zarky & Fairu) doesn't seems to be firing even though they were rested for the Surdimen Cup. . .
    And CTF & LWW, think it is time for them to retire while they are still 'popular'. Give the overseas opportunites to the youngsters.

16. pramilainc

pramilainc Regular Member

ACGT
    Thats surprising; I always though LHI was in a different class from BP, especially under 15 point scoring. Anyway current form should favour BP more, lets see how he handles KJ/WCH, LCW/LD/TH.

17. narnia

narnia Regular Member

... just a psycological belief...

18. chicteenager

chicteenager Regular Member

Student
    YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

19. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

WCH a player with no airs.One of the rare breed of Malaysian sportsman who goes about doing his job professionally.The only Malaysian with a China Open title.A no-nonsense player who has tons of self-confidence,I am rooting for you get through this quarter finals.As for LCW,to beat TH would be a major booster for his upcoming quest to be the World Champion this August.All the best to both of you and also to TBS/OSH.

20. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    but can be true as TH often beats LCW...;)