Badminton Habits (In-Game)

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Angelofstorm, Jun 27, 2007.

1. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    first if i win the point i pump my first (if it was really good i will scream "yes!" or "comon!") then i turn my back facing the opponent then i look at my racket check/move strings, do a jump or little steps then turn around and check the shuttle, clean the shuttle feathers with my fingers and wipe the cork on my shirt or shorts quickly and serve.
    now if i loose the point its almost the same thing, except repeat the stroke i missed or messed up then do what i do normally, turn around check, strings, jump then go. lol its a pretty long routine when i don't want to rush to the next point :p

2. Angelofstorm

Angelofstorm Regular Member

Badminton Fanatic
    In singles I tell myself "Let's go!!" out loud. This improves my confidence a bit. Isn't clapping your racquet against your hand in appreciation what Lin Dan does? Meaning its a bit cocky?

3. jump17

jump17 Regular Member

- I tap the racket on my head for every stupid mistake.
    - If i'm struggling, i let out a big loud sigh to pump myself before each serve until i start playing better.
    - I kiss the bottom of the handle for game/match points for good luck.

4. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    Habits in game

Hi Guys,
    My friend used to tell me whenever I make a flick serve, I will look at the shuttle first before I flick.;) I used to say sorry, whenever I made a bad shot. As for my friend, I saw him always him wipe the shuttle on his forehead before he serves......and he will always take the shuttle with his left hand and hides it behind his back with his middle finger pointing downward......as a secret signal or somehow?:p
    Lee:D

5. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    oh yeah, i do that too sir dink. i always rotate the racket in my hands once or twice while i am getting ready for the serve to be taken. I did not even realize it until i read it on your post. hehehehe, i guess there are habits that are so ingrained that you do not realize it.

6. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

i have a lot of the same habbits listed, I also blow on the bird in the back when im serving for match point or close to it.

7. LuckyBoy

LuckyBoy Regular Member

if i miss the birdie or hit it in the net...i just laugh...iono why o_O
    i also say nice shot if its a nice shot o_O

8. Budweiser

Budweiser Regular Member

I play doubles only.
    When my buddy missed a easy shot, i hit him at his buttock with my racket gently. Murmuring to him "it is ok, take it easy"
    When I missed a easy shot, he will hit me at my head with his racket gently. Murmuring to me "try harder!"

I like to flip my rackets 360 degree too when waiting for my opponent or my buddy to serve.

azabaz_ipoh likes this.
  9. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    1) When playing doubles, if my partner messes up or if they make a super good shot, then I pat them/fake-hit them w/ my racket, but the motion is about the same.

2) When I mess up the potential winner, I let out a short yell, walk in a little circle, breathe, and get back to my position.

3) When my opponents just messed up a shot they should have made, I say, "Come on! Let's have a good game!" Or just the first part. Note: Anyone who's read POT should notice something about the second sentence.

4) If I'm about to be totally smashed to Kingdom Come, I either put up my racket in a desperate hope or yell, in hopes that the opponent might screw up. I know the latter is probably illegal in actual tournament games, but I usually use it in casual games.

5) I like looking where I'm not going to hit if I'm doing a trick shot.

I have more, just can't remember all of them.

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    lol, maybe u got unlucky for a moment:p

11. XKazeCloudX

XKazeCloudX Regular Member

Student
    LOL I do that lots of times. When I do that with jeans on, (usually when i forgot to bring my shorts) it makes a very loud thunderous bang. I wouldn't call it a habit though.

and i've seen alot of people redo their stroke if they mess up. I personally really don't feel to do that. But maybe every once in awhile.

12. phibian

phibian Regular Member

I spin my racket in my hand between rallies. Once in a while, it goes flying. Fortunately it usually hits me, and not my partner. LOL

When my opponents are confused and serving from the wrong side, I shake my head and point with my racket to the correct side of the court.

Oh, and when I'm serving I always check my feet to make sure they aren't touching the lines.

13. Type 100

Type 100 Regular Member

I tend to shout "Aaaaah! I missed!" when my shot goes wayward. This is my way of cooling my emotions and not getting too serious about the game. I observed that when I get too serious, I shut up and it generally worsens my mood and play.

When I get really chuffed, I toss my racket in a flat spin.

I commend my partner with "Good shot!" for a winner, "Good eyes!" when he ignores a shot that goes outside, and "Nice try" when he goes for a dramatic shot but doesn't execute it as hoped. With exceptionally good shots from opponents, I even praise their shots too.

14. joeeire

joeeire Guest

#34 joeeire, Jul 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2019
  15. Ramster

Ramster Regular Member

Student
    The only tendency I have while playing badminton (other than the ones already listed) is that if I know / feel a shot is going out I pretend I'm going to hit it anyways to give my opponents a slight thrill xD!

16. jerby

jerby Regular Member

shoutign and stuff is part of the game for me, not just a fanatical cheer when I win a good point, but when stuff goes wrong just keep it light...

smile and call myself a greenhorn (always the youngest, most of the time...) rookie, sissy, poser, showoff, whatever comes to mind...

one of my favourites is winning with a soft smash, or just one of those out-of-position-but-still-smashing shots, win a point..and shout dead-serious "Powerplay baby!"
    with my posture, and known smashings speed...it lifts some eyebrows :p

17. XKazeCloudX

XKazeCloudX Regular Member

Student
    I learned and try to not say a word during games. And let my game speak for itself.

If your loosing and you complain you just look even worst.

If your winning you keep quiet and keep calm and make it look easy :D

18. LuckyBoy

LuckyBoy Regular Member

lol i dont think so...i don't take bmt seriously enought to hit myself or yell at myself i miss a shot or w.e

19. bhtan

bhtan Regular Member

After 3-4 point, i tend to smell my handle and give a sour face. ... It stink !
    Only those cloth wraps , can absorb my ultra wet palm.
    Mind you, i place the whole handler under running tap often.

20. KazeCloud

KazeCloud Regular Member

Student
    LOL I havn't done that before.