I'm the new club president?!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by hyperactive, Jun 26, 2007.

1. hyperactive

hyperactive Regular Member

student
    hmm...monthly payment...interesting. I never thought of that...Will have a think about that. It might work...Oh btw, while I'm here..I'm on holiday in Beijing...CBD area...any badminton spots? ...or Pro shops?, hehe...

2. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

y'all think to hard. it's easy. start ruling with iron fist. re-educated those who opposed you. :D :)

no, I don't know how. good luck on running the club. while you're in china buy a bunch of decent feather shuttles, coz we know the decent one here is expensive the cheaper one sucks balls big time.

3. Oinkers

Oinkers Regular Member

Pharmacy Student
    In response to hyperactive:

We are thinking of charging roughly $40 for membership next year (to cover the low membership - roughly 40 or so.. ), and to make the prices per session $2 or $3 (depending on how shuttle prices are next year).

We are also fortunate that the university offered $400 per semester for costs, which was a decrease (prior to VSU) of $2,000 per year.. grrrr!

Also plans of buying shuttles from overseas was thought of, but so far, to no avail. Must be more proactive in my approach to trying new shuttles and seeking new sources

4. hyperactive

hyperactive Regular Member

student
    Hey Cheung, I agree with everything u said...will look into those suggestions.

Yeah, I plan to increase it to at least AUD40 per year...

BTW, I'm pretty sure there are fake shuttles here in Beijing. I was looking through the shops and saw plenty of tubes of AS20. Didn't buy any though, looking for ones that I've tried so I can compare.

I DID however buy a fake Nanospeed 9000 Type X though!!! It's exactly the same as the ones that go on eBay for about 50 bucks. My friend bought one off eBay a couple of days ago and started defending it after people like me started criticizing it. His final argument? This: "Haiya, 50 dollars I can buy 4 of this than to get 1 original lar...(singaporean uncle)" I bought this to show off to him!!!

How much did I get it for? AUD16! Will post a thread on it after I take some photos...I tried bending the shaft as far as it will go until I heard a slight *crack* sound...*gulp*...anyone want one? lol...

I'll be goin to another place on Monday...a wholesale kinda place...wanna look for a fake AT800DE to compare to mine...hehe...