kkk, tbh can't play without Rexy

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jun 14, 2007.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Yes, after losing li mao, i think LCW had evolved into a more confident player. Maybe a good bout of losing streak is good for the soul;), ie to find yourself:D

2. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Dude, if you want to quote my post and comment.. do so by posting your comment under my original post, and not add your own stuff into my original post.:mad:

By the way, your post hardly make any sense at all and it is not even relevant to my original post whatsoever... :rolleyes:

3. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

Fu & cai are playing super fast & powerfull, its like beyond human capabilities. If they were other pairs I would thinks that they are on drugs hehehehe. Now how long can they maintain the performance like that ?? :rolleyes:

That kind of speed & power will give all double coaches a huge headache and the player clueless .. :D :D

4. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    One thing we failed to mention, the Malaysian coach(don't know his name) for KKK/TBH sitting on the side line did not get any respect from his players, none of them look at him for guidance during the match, what a contrast when Rexy is around. I think Rexy has to let the players know who's the boss when he's not around. What a different in attitude with and without Rexy. That Malaysia coach should demand more respect from these players, so mad to see two of them with such a lousy attitude when Rexy is not around.

5. ehzyx

ehzyx New Member

student
    we should really give kkk and tbh a break. they already achieved a lot and they are still so young. cy and fhf also went through a lot of obstacles before emerging as the world no one. so far kkk and tbh have achieved much more than cy and fhf when they were this young. kkk and tbh still has a long way to go but i will always support them! :D

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Maybe LCW has finally grown up and realized he has to rely on himself more and not be too emotionally involved with others, especially his former coach.

Maybe he has accepted the fact that there are always ups and downs in life and you just have to overcome them and refocus on your goals and do your best under the circumstances.

Maybe he now pays more attention to his opponents, their strengths and weaknesses and together with his coach prepares a winning strategy in advance.

Maybe he takes his training more seriously and pays attention to instructions, constructive criticisms, etc from his coach. He may have become more productive in training and he knows that so long as his process is sound, the result will come in a matter of time.

Maybe ..........

#106 Loh, Jun 20, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  7. bcmmgr

bcmmgr Regular Member

I might be wrong, but I think without KKK/TBH, we won't have today's Fu/Cai. The exist of KKK/TBH with some excellent skill and strategy has make
    Fu/Cai to work hard and improve.

You can see now Fu/Cai has modified KKK/TBH strategy into them and even better with Fu powerful smash.

8. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

[quote=bcmmgr;601053]I might be wrong, but I think without KKK/TBH, we won't have today's Fu/Cai. The exist of KKK/TBH with some excellent skill and strategy has make
    Fu/Cai to work hard and improve.

You can see now Fu/Cai has modified KKK/TBH strategy into them and even better with Fu powerful smash.[/quote]

What does this imply other than a positive attitude with the willingness to learn, change & improve for the better. That's why LYB was extremely pleased with them.

Like Han, I did notice the Malaysian coach. He looked expressionless. Well maybe that's how he is but Yap KH was obviously missing.

9. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Ya..he is more confident now..YKH said Chong Wei's skill had improved n his stamina had increased!!A good news..:)

10. yuqiu

yuqiu Regular Member

21/06/07, 14:02:08

By : K.M Boopathy

[​IMG]
    Tan Boon Heong promises to bounce back.
    TAN Boon Heong is now a humbled player.
    His performance in last week’s Sudirman Cup in Glasgow was "my worst ever but I promise that I will bounce back in the World Championships."

Boon Heong was candid in his assessment and has vowed that he will regain the form that saw him and partner Koo Kien Keat win the Asian Games gold and three Super Series titles.

The World Championships are just seven weeks away and the experience in Glasgow, where virtually nothing went right for Boon Heong, has humbled him.

Kien Keat-Boon Heong were toothless in their defeats to China’s World No 1 Fu Haifeng-Cai Yun and Anthony Clark-Robert Blair of England while the win over Denmark’s Jens Eriksen-Martin Lundgaard Hansen was due more to the ineffectiveness of their opponents.
    And given his current form, Boon Heong said it was pointless for Kien Keat and him to compete in the Thailand Open on July 3-9 and he agrees with national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky’s decision to drop them from the tournament.

"I cannot recall myself playing any worst than I did in the Sudirman Cup. My best form was just before the Asian Games (in December) and I want to regain that," said Boon Heong.

"There was no pressure on me but I just couldn’t get the feeling. Sideline smashes are my main weapons but I couldn’t even execute a single shot fluently.

"My confidence level may have been affected slightly but I don’t think that could have led to such a shoddy performance.

"Our priority is the World Championships. Playing in Thailand is pointless as my poor form will only continue and I just want to focus on training over the next seven weeks."

Boon Heong and Kien Keat, who returned from Glasgow on Tuesday, will start training today and the former believes Rexy’s guidance will be crucial in helping them overcome the rut they are in.

Rexy had said that training would be major factor in triggering Kien Keat-Boon Heong’s revival but other aspects like regular mental training and dialogue sessions with the duo will also be given importance in preparing for the World Championships.

"I need to sit with both players and have an open discussion. I need to find out if there are any other external issues which are bothering them as I need iron out everything," said Rexy.

"It is normal for young pairs to go through a slump but we must do our best to help them overcome their problems.

"I’m also particularly concerned about Boon Heong who looks out of touch. He is not sharp, his smashes have lost sting and I need to pay attention to him."
    Courtesy of New Straits Times

11. yuqiu

yuqiu Regular Member

Friday June 22, 2007

Choong-Lee not putting pressure on themselves
    By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Veteran men’s doubles players Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah are back in the groove but they are not putting any undue pressure on themselves to win their second title of the year when they compete in the Thailand Open.

Tan Fook-Wan Wah, ranked world No 4, are set to be the top seeds in the US$120,000 tournament, which will be held in Bangkok from July 3-8, following the withdrawal of world No 2 and fellow Malaysians Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong.

In the absence of many top stars from China, Denmark and Indonesia, Tan Fook-Wan Wah have a good chance to live up their top billing.

Wan Wah, who has adopted a new attitude and approach in training and competition, said they would not take their opponents lightly.

“We will be wary of the Koreans (Lee Jae-jin-Hwang Ji-man and Jung Jae-sung-Lee Yong-dae). Besides, there are the other Malaysians in the fray. Everyone has a shot at winning the title,” said Wan Wah after a training session at Gymnasium Two in Bukit Jalil yesterday.

The other Malaysian pairs in the field are Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif, Gan Teik Chai-Lin Woon Fui, Tan Bin Shen-Ong Soon Hock and Chan Chong Ming-Hoon Thien How.

Malaysia will also feature six junior pairs from the Project 2010-2012 and Bukit Jalil Sports School squads in the tournament.

After making their critics eat their words when they bounced back from a slump to win the Asian Badminton Championships title in April, Wan Wah said he was beginning to enjoy the game.

“It is all about enjoying the game now. We do not put undue pressure on ourselves like we used to,” said Wan Wah.

“If we lose in the first round, we pick ourselves up and try to bounce back stronger. We finally learnt not to let criticisms get to us. We are happy as long as we know that we have given our best.”

Wan Wah said that the presence of many young pairs had also eased the burden on their shoulders.

“It is great to see many youngsters ready to take over. It is good for the sport and us. It gives us some breathing space to enjoy the game,” he said.

After experiencing the ups and downs in his badminton career, Wan Wah also came to the defence of youngsters Kien Keat-Boon Heong, who are in a slump now.

“It is not easy to keep on winning. In our country, people heap praises when players keep on winning but when they lose, all kind of things are said about them. That is a sad reality here,” he said.

“It is when the players are down that they need all the support they can get. I hope that Koo and Tan will not let this affect them.

“It will not be easy but they can be rest assured that they have the support from their team-mates.”

Kien Keat-Boon Heong, who are still struggling to find their footing after an excellent start to the year when they won the Malaysian Open, All-England and Swiss Open, performed below par at the recent Sudirman Cup in Glasgow.

12. danielle

danielle Regular Member

Student
    I agree with the words bold in red! It is really true. I still remember when Kien Kiat-Boon Heong won, everyone praises them and everyone wants to know them. But when they face failures in their career, people keep bashing them with all kinds of non-encouraging words. :( I think what they need is support. It is good that some people give comments about their weak points and some encouragement on how to improve themselves. I think that they should take these comments seriously. Perhaps these comments might help them. But for those rubbish comments, just drop it and forget it. Kien kiat-boon heong, it might not be easy, but try your best and play hard ok! Guys, if Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng can make it, I never think it is impossible for our Malaysia's kien kiat-boon heong to do the same thing! So, jia you, hao ma?:p

13. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

(The Star - Jun 26, 2007)

(Maybe someone should invent an engine which can automatically, randomly move such cut-outs around the court ...)

Shuttlers make ‘Rexy’ the target during training
    By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: There were two “Rexy Mainakys” during the men's doubles training session yesterday with one being the target of the players.

But doubles chief coach Rexy wasn't taking the blows. The target was a cut-out of himself posing with a racquet and it was placed on court at the Gymnasium II in Bukit Jalil.

The top pairs of Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong were fed with shuttles to hit at the target made of corrugated plastic. The other players also joined in to take shots.

“If you don't like me, aim your shots at my cut-out and hit it. Let out your frustrations,” said a bemused Rexy as he riled up the players while feeding the shuttles.

The players had fun and there are plans to replace the cut-out with those of their opponents. They will be marked and the players will have to smash the shuttle at them accurately, assuming that they are hitting at their rivals' weak spots.

Besides breaking the monotony in training, Rexy said that the exercise was meant to help the players face their opponents without fear, especially with the World Championships drawing near.

The World Championships will be held at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil from Aug 13-19 and Rexy is determined to help Malaysia win a title for the first time in the series.

“This (using the cut-outs) was something done in Indonesia before and I had always wanted to do it with the players here,” said Rexy.

“In the past, Tony (Gunawan) and Candra (Wijaya) found it difficult to beat (Kim) Dong-moon-(Ha) Tae-kwon. They used to whack the cut-outs of the Koreans during training. And it helped them.”

Rexy said that he was happy with the morale of the players, who are back in training after attending a three-day team building camp in Malacca.

“The place was very quiet. There was no distraction and we even could not be reached on our mobile phones. It was an ideal place to take away the stress, worries and fears of the players,” he said.

“I made the players write letters to their respective partners. I wanted them to be honest and tell what they like and dislike about each other. It was good to get the players to open up.
    “As a result of the camp, I see team morale very high in training today. It will not be easy to maintain this but hopefully, they will keep at it.”

14. ixory

ixory Regular Member

Thanks inky2000 for the article.Happy to hear our MD in high spirit now and i wonder what will happen if they put cut-outs of cy/fhf .:D

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Rexy pulling out all the stops..

:)..thanks for posting the article, Inky2000..;):cool:

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    The cut out pictures look so funny. Looks like a target practise. Just that this time, shuttles has been used as weapon.

17. ixory

ixory Regular Member

KKK,Zakry,Rexy and Rexy Cut-outs

Just wanna share..scan it from Star newspaper..:p

Rexy.JPG

18. taufikk

taufikk Regular Member

Love the cardboard version of Rexy..is it for sale? haha..

19. blessing

blessing Regular Member

noble sacrifices...

20. shiey

shiey Regular Member

student
    kkk n tbh should get some advices from their senior....huhu