Indonesia wants Rexy to coach doubles

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by apontoh, May 14, 2007.

1. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Frankly, I never liked Rexy when he was playing for INA. He was so arrogant on court.
    But now I thought he is such a nice coach on court and a nice guy off court.

2. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    There are so many foreign coaches hired by other countries as well and should we call them "traitor"??

3. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    MAS players are advised not to rely on coaches too much and have to be more independent on court.

Coaches can only give advises and tips before and during the match.
    Winning crucial points is on their own.

4. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Let's give this decision to rexy himself k?We all(indo,malay)love them,but we can't decide where he'll go,k?..

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    But the way a few people feel is that having Rexy come back, things will automatically 'clean up'. Plainly, this really is not the case. How can a coach function optimally if the surrounding structure is falling apart? And how did Christian pull off that amazing era of Indonesian domination from the mid 90's onwards to 2002 given such circumstances?

6. aindro

aindro Regular Member

IT programmer
    Indonesia should not ask Candra to be a coach in this time. We still need him as PLAYER ! I predict that he and Tony Gunawan can play for 2 years more from now, and look at them : they are still stable. True that they did not win for a quite long time, but they are stable, they reaches quarter final or semi final in every tournament they played. They are better than any of Indonesian MD in this moment.

About Rexy, as long as PBSI do not change its "corrupted and non-professional" organization, he could change nothing to Indonesian badminton. Agree with Cheung, build a good structure first, clean up PBSI first.

7. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    hi.u are just cynical saugusli or whatever ur name.What im trying to say is malaysia needs rexy FOR NOW.is that clear??for now only. he has create magic in m'sian doubles.He cant leaves his proteges now.it must not now.I agreed he must be back to indo in the end.its his country.our recent md is produce by him.let them grow first then we will sadly released him.malaysia will not having him forever.he is indonesian asset.nothing can change that.

8. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Sorry a little misundestanding from me.Is my apology accepted?again,do not doubt his patriotism.he still has the heart for indonesia.dont doubt it.thats my word.

#68 koo_fan, May 25, 2007
    Last edited: May 25, 2007
  9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I hope as badminton fans we must learn to respect what the professional coaches are doing, whether they wish to coach locally or overseas. Only they themselves know what is good for them and their families at a particular point in time. They can change their minds later, depending on circumstances.

Rexy's contribution as a good coach must be seen as a contribution to badminton in general. Indonesia should be proud of him for giving him the resources and opportunity to be trained as a world class MD player. There must be a good reason for Rexy to chose to coach overseas a few years ago. Maybe at that time he could not fit into the Indonesian system. Maybe there were already enough experienced Indonesian coaches to take care of the national team. Maybe he wanted foreign exposure to further develop himself as a better coach. Maybe he got a very good offer that no others could match.

There could be many other good reasons, but he had made up his mind and it turned out that his decision must be right as he is now so much sought after as a coach.

So if Indonesia wants him back, Indonesia must make him an offer that Rexy can't refuse. I'm sure most of us would want to work in our own country if the terms and conditions are right. But, being a professional, Rexy must fulfil his contract with Malaysia and therefore Indonesia must wait and be more patient if they want Rexy back.

#69 Loh, May 25, 2007
    Last edited: May 25, 2007
  10. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

Very agree with u.
    Rexy mention that their family stay in malaysia are secure and good for his sons.

Rexy said: If BAM Terminating his contract, so He also don't want to back to Indonesia.

Sutiyoso want to recruit rexy. This is stupid reason.. Why now? Why After rexy is already Hero in Malaysia.

Later on Rexy will be handling Malaysia XD also. We want to see his progress. I thing Rexy will be motivate and improve malaysia XD.

Actually, The Coaches like Rexy alot of in Indonesia. I can say: Hery Iman Pribadi (develop: Tony Gunawan, Halim, Chandra, Sigit, Rexy, Richard, Thomas, Kido, Hendra S, Djoko, Hendra AG, etc).

Hery Iman Pribadi also teach Thomas and Rexy about how to coach double players. So, Rexy learn from Hery IP any way.

Now, PBSI want Hery IP and Thomas to develop man doubles yunior players (Bona, Levin, Djoko hiyadi, Hendra AG, Yonathan, Tantowi, etc). So Djoko/Hendra AG progress improvement. Can see at Singapore open they beat IBF Rangking No.2 from denmark.

So what happen with Kido and Hendra setiawan... They are not handling by Hery anymore.... Handle by Sigit Pamungkas...That's way alot of bad/drop performances any way.

BTW, Eng Hian will be coach singapore MD players.. He replace Chafit Yusuf Coach...So we want to see whether Singapore MD players can be improve by Eng Hian...

I think, if singapore hire good coaches like Rexy, etc and no... can't improve sing players because why?? Any body want to give comment for this??

Because: China, Indonesia, Malaysia said: Singapore is Singa di dapur... Singa Yang Malas... so difficult to improve singa di dapur... Mental must change first...

11. kidosetiawan

kidosetiawan Regular Member

Student
    Well....I think Herry IP or Thomas should continue to monitor Kido Setiawan and of course Henda-Joko n Luluk-Alven......Bandar Sigit is not a good coach...wtf is wrong with them??? n Christian Hadinata should continue to coaching....he has not got the administrative skill...he is better to peform technical stuff like coaching.......

I really think Bandar Sigit should be replaced......by maybe Candra or Tony in one or two years time.......rite now maybe get Sigit to coach MD juniors with Herry IP while Thomas to look after Kido-Hendra