Has LCW Risen To The Fore at The Right Time

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by X Ball, May 16, 2007.

1. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

CH played very well during the 1st game, but still couldnt close the game after holding 2 matchpoints. In the 2nd he was just demoralized, kinda gave up the game when he couldnt keep up LCW's speed.

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it seem lcw got his diving routine pat down. It could be a threat the LD jumpsmashes.

3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Absolutely agree with you 100%. If Cheng Hong lost because he wasn't playing well, could it not be because LCW was playing extremely well....too well and Chen Hong gave up as a result.

And assuming Chen Hong did play badly on the day because he was out of form, do we also say the same for BAO? I mean, how many excuses do we have to give the Chinese before we say LCW is now at his best ?

I agree with the person who said LCW performed better when the pressure is off but I think pressure is probably the lesser cause of his drop in form previously. His speed and his accuracy were the main causes. When he got it back, it showed he can take the Chinese apart. And I agree with Pjswift that if LD was there, it would have been no sure thing coz LCW was on fire and would have humbled LD.

Yes, I also agree with Dreamz that one game does not tell all. But it did tell somewhat -- that the guy has found his footing in the IO. And if he carries on with that same footing, we can expect the same from him again in future tournaments.

And if somebody else found something extra on the day, and LCW makes it only to the semis in the next tournament, I think we can still safely say the old LCW is back. He will win his share (don't question it), the IO win is boosting his confidence and he is crying out for more !

4. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Lol.... u're spot on man! If LCW's win against BCL and CH is not a real win when they're off form, well we should open new tread saying "Koo/Tan lost because they r only lost of form, a win by Cai/Fu is not a win??!!" :p:D

5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

But KKK-TBH really lost form and was a genuine excuse !;) :D

6. Dimplex

Dimplex Regular Member

student
    i agree...a win is a win...end of story
    i dont really like when ppl make excuses such as "all the good players were beaten for him/her" etc

Its like when Peter Rasmussen won the world championships...even today, if you listen closely, you can hear the whispers, the questions and the excuses.
    “He was lucky that the Chinese were in bad form.” bla bla bla

7. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    yeap! why argue? he win den win la.. why have to say that both bao and ch isnt in good condition??? pointless rite? maybe they just couldnt cope up with LCW's game play??

8. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    all I can say is LCW should share his victory with x-ball.. this man is one die hard fan of yours. even during the dark days this man have shielded all the critics and best of all ... he believes in you...
    don't let the man down ... win the WC for x-ball !!!!!

9. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    x-ball .... are u going to the Pahang Open ? If u do take a photo with LCW and post it on BC

#29 USAfan, May 16, 2007
    Last edited: May 16, 2007
  10. tjl_vanguard

Student
    haha USAFAN, im pretty sure that not only X-Ball is a die hard fan of Chong Wei... haha.... :D

11. ixory

ixory Regular Member

101% agree..:D :D:p

12. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Too early to say if LCW has bounced back. Was he better at IO2007 compared to the last few tournaments ? I say yes. Is he ready to stop LD, TH, or PG ? I say not yet. He must show consistency and win few more major titles to put him in the same league as the trio. Otherwise, he is just the same old LCW a year ago at his best.

13. tjl_vanguard

Student
    not yet ready to stop LD, TH and PGC?? i think he is already readY!!! although he might lose but he is always ready for challenges... he has been through rough times.. this will only make him stronger both mentally and physically....

14. Rachel Tan

Rachel Tan Regular Member

What more important for Chong Wei now is to be level headed...focus...go match by match...don't put too much pressure on himself.

Off-topic...those who have Astro at home,don't forget to watch this programme called WORLD OF BADMINTON,this Saturday (19/5/07).
    Astro Eurosport (Channel 84)
    Time: 4.15pm
    Synopsis : Features all the major badminton events around the world with exclusive interviews and behind the scenes stories shot on location.

15. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I just finished watching LCW play BCL, thanks Aerotus and Cedric for your generous upload...LCW was on fire, control the game and practically own BCL in this game...even when he win a point, you can see he is controlling his emotion as he is taking one point at a time in a calculating manner, methodically tearing BCL apart...if anyone check at TC06 and WC06 when LCW is ranked no. 1, his play is jittery, his facial expression showed stress and tense, as if he tried so hard...better to stay underdog position. Who care who he beat, this is a 6* event, nobody remember who your opponents were only that people remember who the winner is, a win is a win is a win..., it's money in the bank and LCW really needs this win...badly and it cannot come at a better time!:)

16. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    If there are any special Opens that LCW should win to boost his confidence, it would be IO07 in Jakarta where INA usually excels and/or upcoming CO07 in Beiging...right at the lion's den with the entire CHN wall! Can't wait for CO07 to start, if LCW maintain his form, that would be quite a show.:)

17. madbad

madbad Regular Member

All you LCW diehards, I happy for you that your boy did so well in the IO. But all this back slapping and self congratulations is waaaay over the top. I have stated my reasons for caution and if he does succeed, more power to him. There is still much to prove; so he does well in one of the last 6 tournaments, that's hardly anything to write home about. Plus his current mental strength is still in question. Who knows, he may revert back to the old LCW in the next tournament. He may well join Hafiz in the Yoyo club. Give LCW some space and let him bring himself back to his level in his own time instead of creating all these expectations for him.

18. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    One note on the LCW-BCL video, stadium has rows of empty seats, unheard of in badminton fanatic INA...I finally figured out why LCW play so well, at first I thought it must be ginseng or brands essence of chicken...none of the above...it is Choo Choo's back rub that did it, and on that I am calling it a night...hahaha!! LOL!:D :D :p :p

19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yes, I take that boy into my dear heart !:D

LCW was a very good player when he won the first MO. He zoomed up the ladder fast under Misbun then. Unfortunately, he stagnated a bit under Li Mao.

I am not sure whether it was Li Mao telling him to slow down to have more control or he was tired with all the hard training that when it was tournament time, he failed (too stressed out). But I am not going to delve on that --- it is all over. Time for Misbun to take him to those dizzyig heights again.:D

I would not be going to the Pahang Open but definitely the World Championship.:D

20. Nanaokimi

Nanaokimi Regular Member

Student
    after watching IO final match vid I was very touched when I saw LCW walks towards Misbun and gives him a hug. I really want to know what did he say to Misbun at that time! really looked like a father and his son.