Does anyone know Kason?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Smichz, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

Maybe it was not the rackets fault but the evil Yonex stringing machine ;)

2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    we dunno yet..The kason retailer have send it to the factory already,but,the way the kason retailer told me about it's the yonex's responsibility,i had some thoughts in mind already.The yonex's stringer told me to relax..as he would compensate,but i wonder,can he compensate the whole value?
    I still remember though..that the stringing machine did the 30lbs like a manual stringing's 28lbs..so the stringer said,how bout going up,i said,cool..at first,30lbs begins from the bottom..from the sweet spot it goes up to 32lbs..then i guess the stringer forgot to turn the tension lower..then.."Crack"..

3. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Hehe..of course twobeer..there aint no racket that is unbreakable.I aint got the racket on me rite now,since the retailer have send it back to the factory.Yes..hopefully it's just the racket's defect,otherwise it'll vanished..

The electronic stringer used by the yonex is also non-yonex brand..n i guess it's like 2 years old already..kind of doubting its ability:confused:.The reason why i string it in yonex is that they have more variable of strings choices,unlike kason's store.Besides,it's all yonex strings..:D

Yeah..hopefully.But from the way the kason's retailer talk to the factory..i might guess that they're kind of giving me a hard way to get a new one..since it wasnt strung at their store,so they dont wanna take responsibility.:(

It was preety hard for me though..since i just played it for like less than 10 times,for less than 2 months..But,however,i look forward to what'll happend next.Hope that i could get some compensate which will enable me to change for an AT900T..LOL:D

Or the same old TSF300A..it's ok though..since i think it's doing well as well..:)

#103 Smichz, May 17, 2007
    Last edited: May 17, 2007
  4. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    I had a Woven 7 broke after three 30 lbs X 33 lbs string job - Master Dan took care of that problem :D!

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

i hope for the same thing would happend to my poor innocent racket..

6. mandm

mandm Regular Member

OK guys i need some local (chinese) advise...
    i am off to china during the winter hols and will be visiting Beijing, Shenghai and Hong Kong, i need your help on followings;
    1. Best Place(s) to buy Kosan racket/goods from the above locations?
    2. What model i should choose, i'm mainly a single player?
    3. What price (USD) i would expect to pay for the recomended model(s)?
    cheers

7. LuckyBoy

LuckyBoy Regular Member

Hey mates....are there any stores that sell Kason rackets in British Colombia, Canada?

8. LuckyBoy

LuckyBoy Regular Member

lol...Anyone?
    *msg too short*

9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

just do some search on the net,lucky boy,since i couldnt help u with that..

10. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

for the list of rackets...http://kason.com.cn/en/products_detail.asp?id=505

If u can read chinese,it'll be easier for u to read the addresses..
    The shops listed in the website is only limited in mainland china,couldn't find any list of stores in HK..

the addresses http://kason.com.cn/cn/dealer.asp

Best place,of course,the one who offers real thing in the lowest price..so,it's up for u to do some search..

Kason's rackets mainly r for single,so..it's up to u to choose..the prices will be around 200rmb(28USD)-1000rmb(130USD)..from the 'ok' to the top..the top end is the TSF series,esp the new 300A.Just take a look at the website,as it'll ease u by the time..

Stores in china sometimes offer discounts..so,dont be afraid to ask for some.The discounts can be up to 40 percent,esp in guangzhou..but dont expect that high in elsewhere,but wont do no harm to try..:) .The discount should not be less than 20 percent as well..:D

11. mandm

mandm Regular Member

thanks for your help mate, specially thhe tip re diccoundt :), much appreciated. Will take at a look at the website so further info, btw when u say u can get discount up to 40%, this discount ofs the asking price (meaning the shop price) or the lsuted price from the website?
    cheers

12. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

i dont think that there's prices mentioned in the website..The prices mentioned/stated in each store should be the same,esp in kason retail stores.It's just the discounts each offer maybe variable...from 20%-40%.40% is the max disc i've asked in china,which is in guangzhou.But if u found some other places that offered u a real thing at more disc,dont hesitate to let me know..:D

13. mandm

mandm Regular Member

you are right, there was not any price mentioend on the website :(, anyway it was a informative website and now i know the brands, and i also disocovered that Kosan make squash rackets :).
    Now the million dollor question, where do you find the prices of Kosn stuff in English?

14. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

one thing for sure it's not in the website.The website mainly only to introduce and help the coming-customer to know their rackets n stuffs.I think none of the brand website would show the prices,esp badminton brands websites.Besides,the prices r in numbers,just different currency.The rest is for u to calculate.So,transfer my prize money to my acc since i've answered ur million dollar question..=P

#114 Smichz, May 21, 2007
    Last edited: May 21, 2007
  15. mandm

mandm Regular Member

no you have not, i still need to know the price for each racket listed on their website only then you can claim your prize :)

16. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

hehehe...anyway..what kind of racket u're looking for?amateur,intermediate,or advanced?The amateur's price range is about $20-$40.Intermediate price range is about $40-$80.The advanced is about $80-$170.Those r the full prices,not discounted.

If u can speak n look like chinese,it'll be ur useful weapon to bargain and ask for more discount,if u know what i mean..

#116 Smichz, May 21, 2007
  17. mandm

mandm Regular Member

soory mate, me and chinese are probabaly on opposite end of scale :)
    Well i would look into getting a pro for singles, my man wapon :) I would consider Intermediate for doubles only...

18. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

then TSF series is ur option.The price range is about what i've told u.Since u're a pro,i guess there's no difficulty in choosing which one do u think it's the best for u.But just for input,try TSF200,or TSF300A/D

19. flyzz

flyzz New Member

The best place to buy Badminton stuff in Beijing is a shop called New Blue Sky (bbesports.com). There may be in store promo/discounts on Chinese brands such as Kason, and always ask for member price if you spend more than rmb 400 (~$50us) there. No haggling is necessary.

Here is a link to their Kason price in English, I believe the prices quoted are in US$.
    http://www.bbesports.com/English/racket_kason.htm

Now, what prize are we talking about?

20. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Hmmm..yeah,give the price to him,mandm..hehe.Nice info u got there,flyzz..even for ur 1st post.

The price offered is not quite bad,but i somehow got lower than that.Hehe..so,my point is that sometimes english means more expensive for chinese.If possible,ask for ur chinese friend to help u with that.Sometimes,the difference can be big.Well..just go to that place,or dont bother to search for other places if u want,..but ask for more discount..since like i said,the lowest discount can be up to 40%.

Oh yea,btw,can we get the membership at our first purchase,since our friend here wont really purchase more than one time during his holiday..unless if he really love the deal he got there..^_^

#120 Smichz, May 21, 2007