Rexy more likely stays with BAM

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by huangkwokhau, May 10, 2007.

1. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Then u should go to watch the badminton in Solo today n tell him ur feeling!!he might understand..;)

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Well don't only mention Rexy.. how about Tony and Halim?

4. kidosetiawan

kidosetiawan Regular Member

Student
    Well one thing though...tony n Halim is not a coach just an old player.....they can't do anything to Indo badminton...but Rexy is our hope and future....Christian Hadinata is great but his style of coaching is getting old.........so we need modern day coach like Rexy.....

in Football Christian Hadinata would be Alex Ferguson (great in the 90s but football has evolved and therefore needs new style so has badminton)......therefore Chelsea wid their money employed Mourinho and Barcelona and Inter getting Rijkard and Mancini...Liverpool getting Benitez and so on....same here altough Indon has not got the money like Chelsea does but still Christian Hadinata is not suitable for modern day badminton because of his age...........

PS...advice for Indo badminton I think we should get Tony or Candra once they retired.......

Management theory says Christian used to have reverend power and expertise...the later is slowly gone...... but now what is left in him is now is legitimate power (cos of his position)

5. kidosetiawan

Student
    Is dat all it takes to get Rexy 6000 US a month?????

Well then we Indonesians can provide him with 10,000.....I dun think is an issue...if PBSI are willing to let outsiders sponsor them even 10,000 US a month is not dat difficult...........

firms like Bank Mandiri, Djarum, Gudang Garam, Sampoerna, Bank NISP, Agung Podomoro, Salim Group, Rahmat group..................

so I dun think money is a problem........6000 US is not a high price to pay for coach like Rexy

6. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I do not know what Rexy pay is...just put in a $ number to tease you and make some humour. LM reportedly made USD5K, so I just put in USD6K for Rexy, could be a lot more for Rexy plus bonus :) ...one thing you mention INA badminton declining...well most countries go through a lean spell once in a while...with the exception of CHN. INA has been blessed with great MS and MD players for a long time. Look at DEN and MAS, after their LCW, PG and KJ gone, I do not really see young talents coming up. Therefore, similar problem too.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Any translation..^^

..for the rest of us??..;) :)
    ..yeah, it might not be 100% because of money..But again, back to Rexy's reason(in the article) for his decision to choose M'sia-->family, children and i'm sure he wants to stay as close to them as possible considering his kids are still very2 young..;)

8. kidosetiawan

Student
    Look at motherland is crying
    tears covering all diamonds and gold
    Forest, Mountain, Sea, Harvest our wealth
    Now motherland is crying and we all can hear her cry

is taken from a song in Indon.....n I am sure Rexy is familiar with it.....

I do understand Rexy's condtion but I think if he get paid more in Indon then he can still send his kids to a good International School....I know his kids go to Garden International School in MAS but I think BIS (British International School) in Jakarta is the better school....

so if money is the issue then I think Sutiyoso or other big institutions should give sponsor to Rexy so he would be our head coach replacing CHristian

9. kidosetiawan

Student
    I heard Sutiyoso is planning to get Rexy back to the Indo team.....Well if this happend it would be so good...I hope he try his best this time or else grill grill Bang Yos....

10. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

Will or can Rexy replace Christian ? or its just Rexy will be working under him ?

11. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Sutiyoso of PBSI is planning to recruit Rexy back.
    But it takes time as Rexy is under Bam's contract but for sure Sutiyoso , reported at www.bulutangkis.com, will not deny that Indonesia needs Rexy.
    He was so upset with the recent result so alvent/Luluk will be dismissed and Alvent may partner with candra widjaja for sudirman cup.

12. kidosetiawan

Student
    who cares...INA sucks now anyway....they are not badminton giant anymore they are badminton ants now...I bet they can only win against HK in Sudirman cup........PAthetic!!!! WAKE UP INDO!!!!!!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!!!

13. aindro

aindro Regular Member

IT programmer
    Indonesia merah darahku putih tulangku berpadu dalam semangatku ....
    I do not think that it is the fault of Christian, or that we miss Rexy, or the fault of any other coach.
    The main reason why Indonesian badminton faltered is none other than PBSI itself. Too much politic. Why Tony flied to US, and now Sutiyoso begged him to play again for Indonesia ?

He is a governor of Jakarta (the capital of Indonesia and a big city of 12 millions populations !!), how come that he has time to lead PBSI and to take care of all things happen in Indonesian badminton ?

With so many big clubs like Djarum, Jaya Raya, Tangkas etc, and the fact that badminton stays one of the favorite sports in Indonesia, how come that we do not have a good regeneration ?
    How is the recrutment process in Pelatnas ?
    Come on guys/girls, realized that : after the era of Taufiq and Chandra/Tony ends, we will not have stable players any more. We will have no pride anymore in badminton world. We are not giant anymore, everybody should realize that fact !!

14. kidosetiawan

Student
    Sutiyoso failed us....that fact....Sutiyoso should not be the PBSI head.....for the love of god....get someone from Badminton world...MAS has Eddy Chong and Punch Gunalan sorting them out.......China use another badminton guy.......

True Djarum, Tangkas, Sangkuriang, Suryanaga and Jaya Raya.....but we need real guys to sort out badminton....or just sell PBSI to some big businessman who loves badminton like Abramovic with Chelsea.....look at Chelsea now....Business power rules so if PBSI want success privatise it...I am sure local firms would be willing to take on the responsibility...it would be good thing for marketing anyway.....

15. yuqiu

yuqiu Regular Member

With so many angry/disappointed Indonesians Sutiyoso may finally decides to leave PBSI as he does not want it to jeopardise his political career. When KKK/TBH won the AE, every politician wants them. Do you think they will now after these AC, SO and IO? They want only good spotlight but not bad one. Just MHO.

16. kidosetiawan

Student
    So are u implying that Sutiyoso will leave PBSI but even if he does some other politicians would take the spot...same thing and it might be worse...

SUTIYOSO should freakin step down..he failed us....as a governor of Jakarta he fails....as a PBSI man he fails....dat guy has no shame at all!!!!

BANG YOS TURUN KAU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wat a wanker!

17. aindro

aindro Regular Member

IT programmer
    Agree with Kidosetiawan.
    As badminton is as far the sport that can make indonesians proud, if he steps down, I am sure that another politician (or a person from military) will take his position.

Indonesian badminton should be led by a person loving badminton, he/she can be politician, businessman, ex-player, anything. But what happen with Indonesian badminton, those people in PBSI (including Sutiyoso, but not only him, we can count many other) only want to get their name popular being member or leader in PBSI. They are not there to make Indonesian badminton progressing. They are there for their proper interest: for their popularity or ... may be to get some more money as they receive salary being member of an organization.

Enough of those people, may be we will suffer and it will take time to rebuild Indonesian badminton, but it is better than to retain the same structure and mechanism, and we will have no proud, no champion, become a mediocre country in badminton world. (remember that WE ARE already if we don't count Taufik !).
    Let Indonesian badminton being led and being taken care by people loving badminton.

18. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Looks like Kido, you are the only candidate who can succeed Sutiyoso, and plead, cry out loud, worship, praise, beg on your knees, kiss Rexy's butt, to get him back to INA! And if you get the job, just do not kiss TH's butt or else the butt gets bigger than TH's head! LOL!

19. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

Maybe it is the political climate: or it might be a faith thing because I am pretty sure Rexy is a Christian: [Malaysia, although nominally Muslim is a lot more accepting of faiths/cultures than Indonesia].

This is possibly too political for me to pursue any further... :cool:

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Bang Yos...

...is set to step down next yr, as he promised...By that time, Taufik will probably steps down as well..;)..Who will replace Bang Yos as head honcho of PBSI?? Who knows, but whoever he or she is, i doubt things will change much..;)
    ..i completely agree..;)

#60 ctjcad, May 14, 2007
    Last edited: May 14, 2007