Indonesia Open 2007 - 13 May, FINALS

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by ants, May 12, 2007.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    ok. late but here are my predictions:

BCL vs. LCW - tough to predict. this would be a very significant match to both players. LCW needs to prove to the world that he can win a tournament after a period of lows, and most importantly, he need to prove that he can win it without Li Mao on his side. BCL also need to prove to the world that he too can win one. and able to beat the best of the world while he is doing it. but as we can see that Bao has matured and is in tip-top form. so i am going to pick Bao.

Zhu Lin vs. Wang Chen - i am pick Wang Chen here. tough pick but i think Zhu Lin is still too young and she will not do much other than gain some more valueable experience against a much more seasoned player like Wang Chen.

Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng vs. Zakry/Fairuzizuan - i think it is time for me to remember how to spell Z/F's names. as i think we will see more of them in the next couple of years. however, as of today, CY/FHF are still the top pair in the world and they seemed to have worked on other aspects of the game aside from pure smashes after smashes. they played defense, drives and placement just as well as the Malaysians. so CY/FHF it will be.

Nova/Lilyana vs. Zheng/Gao - tough call again. this is really 50/50 in my mind. Nova/Lilyana didn't play too bad at all in the SO and IO. as for Zheng/Gao, they are still very formidable. but for the sake of some diversity, i will pick the INA here...

Du/Yu vs. ZTT/YW - picking the younger pair just for the heck of it. it would still be a good match to watch.

2. yannie

yannie Regular Member

pian1 xin1.. i'm not sure how to say it in english
    hahaha cuz u supported zakry only.. and forgot fairuz..
    anyways, nvm.. cai/fu will beat zakry/fairuz tomorrow.. :D

3. maIRa

maIRa Regular Member

oh..like that..ahaha.. i dun like fairuz..dun know y..:D

i think it will be the other way,,hehehe:D :rolleyes: ;) who knows....

4. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Bao Chun Lai outplayed Taufik all the way in the semi final. Taufik had no chance to catch up at all. Just wondering it's because Bao has improved tremendously or Taufik was out of form or he got injury?

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

LD needs to be WR1 because it helps his playing confidence.He needs to feel like he's the best in order to win.He exhibits two playing modes; 'champion' and 'little boy'.When he's in a champion mode, he's hard to beat. When he's in a little boy mode, even class 3 players like RS and PSH beat him.
    What i'm saying is it's nice to be among the top but there's no need to be WR1.

6. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Maybe because first the ticket fee is quite expensive. And second we can see it live in SCTV channel.

And tomorrow will be more empty cause we only had one pair in final.

7. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

I thought Indonesia players would dominate the IO2007 because they always play better at home ground with superior supports. I'm still waiting to see Indonesia walk out from the dark and produce many star players like Heryanto, Ardy, Rexy/Ricky, Hendrawan, CG/TG.

8. Jofianty

Jofianty Regular Member

MS - Bao Vs LCW

WS- Zhu Lin Vs Wang Chen

MXD - Natsir/Widianto vs Gao/Zheng

MD - Cai/Fu vs Abd Latif/Tazari

WD - Yu Yang/Du Jing vs Zhao Tingting/Yang Wei

9. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Here are my predictions:

BCL vs. LCW
    Not easy job to beat PG and also TH in straight sets. BCL confidence level are very high now. As for his runner up status, please check who win the title when BCL was runner up. Probably all of them because he lost to his teammates in final. (From LD, CH and even CH) And now after all of his team mates lost, now is the perfect times to win one title this year.

Zhu Lin vs. Wang Chen

Probably will be straight sets win cause WC already exhausted from her 3 long sets matches in SF. ZL will use her quickness to win against WC.

Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng vs. Zakry/Fairuzizuan
    If you watch the SF matches, you already know that the Malaysian are not very best in defending against smashes and cannot smashes very hard from behind like FHF. If Cai/Fu can match their drive play and I think they can, they will lost in straight sets

Nova/Lilyana vs. Zheng/Gao -

Because I hope Indonesia at least won one title. Careful cause Gao Ling will be all out considering she did not need to play WD.

Du/Yuvs. ZTT/YW - An other win for new pair but same old players. If ZTT pair with Cai or Fu in mix doubles instead of Zhang Jun, China at least will had another strong MX cause ZTT proved to be very good WD and MX players. But sadly usually LYB always gave her second best male players to mix in MX.

10. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Be reminded that we are always shocked by dark horses, like Singapore Aviva Open. Maybe LCW or Latif/Tazari would win tomorrow.

11. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I am afraid the only event that can prevent Chinese from sweeping is the WS as Wong Chen always play with extra energy against Chinese player.
    In MD, the young Malaysians pair is just not good enough to play against Fu/Cai but I am so glad they advance so deep into the round and managed to beat the veteran in SF.
    In MS, Chong Wei still has yet to play against the top notch player so Bao certainly has an upper hand. But Chong Wei seems focus and determine and should be a good battle.
    As for XD, really depend on the fan to shaken the confident of Zheng/Gao.
    See you guy tonight!

12. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Win or not win all the titles tomorrow, LYB already will be happy cause all his key players except maybe for ZN and XXF gone thru final. With Bao CL, Cai/Fu, Gao/Zheng, Yang w/ZTT plus Lin Dan, XXF and ZN, who can stop China team to win another Sudirman Cup next month?

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it seem both bcl and lcw have improved their skills. Now this final is a test of mental strength since both bcl and lcw are known to be weak in the mental department.

14. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Like I said many times before over and over, Its not easy to Win a title specially like AE or Olympic medal, but the hardest part in keep consistently play well through your careers.

Only a handful players can do that specially in tough field like MS and MD.

Example:

TH and LD are consistent. TH sometimes win very important titles. And LD at least win 3 title or more than that since 4 years ago.

PG and BCL and CH also very consistent. Although CH won more titles than PG or BCL this few years.

LCW rise very high last year for about 7 months but since WC2006, he took a stumble.

And Hafiz. After winning a AE, he likely only reach QF in top level tournaments.

15. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

As for MD:

Wow! A very big respect for Tony/Chandra. They already play international level for more than ten years and still very consistent although they did not win all the time, but still a very major threat to all players.

After them, Cai/Fu also play very consistent since their debut in late 2002 when Fu is only 17 or 18? So playing a consistent 5 years of career is not bad at all.

After that probably JE/MLH. Although they did not play very well this year. Age factor.

After them maybe CTF/ LWW. Although always choke on big final, you had to give them credits to being in top 10 for so long, minus when one of them injured.

I cannot say that for Luluk/Alvent. They are extreme well in 2003-2004. But from then, they started to stumble and now fall benaeath the earth. They had lost all the confidence.

And now Markis/Kido. After a very good year in 2006, 2007 not very kind to them. Hope they can bounce back pretty quick or they will follow Luluk/Alvent step. We really need Ricky/Rexy and Chandra/Tony mental strength for our MD pairs right now.

For KKK/TBH , they still play very good except for SO 2007. But losing to another Malaysia pairs is understandable. Lets see how they do the rest of the year.

16. sabathiel

sabathiel Regular Member

Lawyer
    It's not safe for Chinese players to play in Indonesia?:eek:

17. BrunoLi

BrunoLi Regular Member

here comes mine

MS - Bao Vs LCW

WS- Zhu Lin Vs Wang Chen

MXD - Natsir/Widianto vs Gao/Zheng

MD - Cai/Fu vs Abd Latif/Tazari

WD - Yu Yang/Du Jing vs Zhao Tingting/Yang Wei

18. maIRa

maIRa Regular Member

hurm..i miss the time when we were supporting koo n tan like crazy

19. Deana Deyla

Deana Deyla Regular Member

Student
    yup,I agree with u...we didn't know whats going on in da final but i hope its gonna be a tough game

20. Deana Deyla

Deana Deyla Regular Member

Student

yup,I agree with u...we didn't know whats going on in da final but i hope its gonna be a tough game