A completely new badminton club will be opened soon in Richmond Hill

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by markhamplayer, Jan 13, 2007.

1. tinkerbella122

tinkerbella122 Regular Member

Student
    wait, but i don't get it. . . so even if you do get a membership, u still have to pay like $20 whenever u want to play?? or does that fee only apply to court rentals and u can play free unless people start renting courts??? :confused: cuz like if you do play a lot then that's like $100 a week, multiply that by 52 weeks . . . :(

#141 tinkerbella122, May 9, 2007
    Last edited: May 9, 2007
  2. Neo1337Bird

Neo1337Bird Regular Member

Student
    basically if u don't have membership u can't go there to play unless u go with someone with membership and u still need to pay 3$ extra cause ur guest. Everytime before u go u book a court and u need to pay from $12-24 each time depending on day and time. it's pretty expensive if u don't have 4 people going with u. but everytime i go i will ahev 4 friends with me so it's okay:)so from $3-$8 a person each time i go:)

3. Player13

Player13 Regular Member

ya its pretty good. I'm broke, so my phone is pay-as-you-go too ;). The membership is so much better than the guest fee unless you think you're gonna play less than 13 times in the whole year XD
    ($80 adult mmbr/ $3 guest fee = 13 Wow Math!)

I think as a new club theyre trying to test out what their customers like best so theyll probably be tweeking (tweaking?) their plan every now and then until they find their niche. The lady who i think is the owner (she had no name tag) was nice enough to listen to my suggestions and bounce them around. Whether she uses them or not i dont know, but it shows some flexibility and she earnestly wanted to build a 'fun & enjoyable badminton atmosphere'. I'm gonna bring some friends this weekend and if they like it we're gonna join.

Well whatever the case, when I was there yesterday and they said they decided to extend their $10/hr Opening special another month till mid June. Until then i'm gonna abuse that pricing because thats the best one, member or not :D.

4. Neo1337Bird

Student
    they're gonna extend it? that's GREAT! hehe. i'll go agian next week then:) i'm gonna go twice on saturday, once with ym friends and at night with my mom's friends:) and i went last, last week too. i know i'll join sooner or later but yeah. i guess i'll join at the end of may:)

5. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    Since i frequently travel between Vancouver and Toronto, I believe Flying Dragon is trying the same pricing model as clearone, richmond pro and yumo badminton centres in Richmond, British Columbia.

The pay as you play model seems to work out west since a lot of ppl book courts as groups,the price range per person is quite reasonable and a large financial commitment is not needed. This is a good move since the majority of the major clubs in the GTA involve full memberships (Lees, mandarin, granite, B&R, Boulevard).

I need to check out this new club some time.

6. FuJenn

FuJenn Regular Member

Very very disappointed indeed! There're ABSOLUTELY NO underpadding beneath the court mat! And we're actually playing on concrete floor! I need to ice both of my knees on the same night after I tried out their courts for 2 hours.Anyone had the same experience?

7. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Completely Opposite for me, I LOVED their courts, nothing happened to my knees at all either, maybe something's wrong with your knees?

8. Neo1337Bird

Student
    yeah it is quite hard compared to lee's. however, school gyms are about the same but their mats have better grip on the shoes. i'm mainly joining to practice a bit more so i can make ti to finals for york region next year. and it's cheap so it won't be like lee's where i would try to go at least 2 times a week so that ym membership is worth it.

9. benchan

benchan Regular Member

I heard they have a new program going on. They have something called drop in groups. It's like $10 drop in for 2 hours. They will provide coach to set up the game for you. hum.. that's sounds like fun and I can meet more new people.

10. 100deep

100deep Regular Member

The jr dropin waz the same price as adult drop in but 3 hours long. XD
    I guess they dont expect the old folks to last so long lolzors

11. Neo1337Bird

Student
    man the junior drop in was a disappointment. thought it would be more interesting. oh well. lol. i guess it's good if u go with a few friends at about the same level bu i only went with one friend the other day

#151 Neo1337Bird, May 22, 2007
    Last edited: May 22, 2007
  12. benchan

benchan Regular Member

Well, if you want a higher competition. You could ask the coach to play aginst you. LOL I saw him playing with those jr. last Sunday. I don't think he would mind to play. LOL

13. Neo1337Bird

Student
    i did play with the coach for one game:) i played with the coach and one of his private lessons student with my doubles partner form school. we lost by 2. we got lucky cause the coach kept hitting out or the net

14. benchan

benchan Regular Member

LOL. He must been having a off day. lol

15. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

going there next friday after my exams are done :D

16. My DY

My DY Regular Member

wow u got a court on Jun15? omgosh my friend was trying to book but it was superfull... like 'they have 6pm available and r packed after that' T_T waaaa

i gope someone cancels ^_______^

xiaoyu

17. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

i don't have a court but since i'm going there soon after lunch hopefully there will be one. if not i'll just register for lessons and start my membership

18. Neo1337Bird

Student
    the courts are so expensive on weekends:( like $24-_- like after june 15th. they should lover it to $20. so like $5 each person if u get a group of 4. i think it was cheaper to paly at lee's for drop in. i remember it was like $10.70 per a person from like 10am-3pm on weekends. i usually went at 11 then went otu for lunch at about 1 then back to play for another hour or so

19. benchan

benchan Regular Member

Anyone going for Jr. Drop on this Friday or Sunday??? I want to go.

20. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

if their jr includes 17 then i'll go.
    what time is it though?