Yonex sucks because its well known indurability??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Smichz, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

yeah me too...this thread is like one of those Xango meetings...:D ;)

2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Yeah..ok2..let me use ur point here,so that u'll feel happy:).So,dear all yonex future users,DO NOT BUY A HIGH END RACQUETES,ESPECIALLY IF U DONT WANT TO SPEND ALOT OF MONEY,ON SOMETHING THAT IS GREAT,BUT WONT LAST LONG,AS THOSE R ONLY MADE FOR GREAT PLAYERS WHO SEEK FOR PERFORMANCE N DOESNT CARE FOR ITS DURABILITY.

I mean,come on,use ur normal thought a minute to think,is it wrong to expect something that u buy so expensive is good in form of playability and durability?IS IT DAMN WRONG?:confused:

3. jerby

jerby Regular Member

and yet, you still don't get it...

you make it sound like a high-end yonex has never lasted more than 4 months...
    and for the record, with yonex, you pay that much for the name it's got on it...

4. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

In order to make it clear,what i mean here is not those fakes,k?I mean real ones,that r standing on the top-range price in badminton markets.Damn,like i care if my fake yy broke.I wont even waste u guys time,believe me..

5. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

Well just to clear out misunderstandings I did not meant to offend you in any way :D so cool down ;)

Bingo, that my friend is the whole point !!!
    In most cases you can not have both performance and durability in one object.

6. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Hmmm..i guess i got that conclusions not from myself,but from the other ppl's replies that states about more performance less durability.Before this,i never thought about that.I believe something that's so expensive,should be good in terms of playability and durability.Some of them dont care if they break their racket,as long as they play good.Hehe..so,in my mind,durability hasnt been an issue in their mind probably.They r so rich that they just gonna threw away 200$ racquete whenever it breaks n then buy a new 200$ one.So,ppl like them should just ignore this whole "durability issue" since they will never have one.

Yes..brand is always a big issue in prices.Like nike's sells the same kind of slippers about 20USD while probably somewhere else will sell about 5 USD.I know that issue.

7. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Yeah..man,we're cool:).
    But it's not wrong for ppl to expect that rite?Since they have to pay alot if they wanna get a yonex high-end racket,that stands on the market's top-range price,(esp in asia..since our currency r smaller),hence it'll automatically risen their expectation towards it.

#67 Smichz, May 3, 2007
    Last edited: May 3, 2007
  8. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

I dont know about u guys,but for me,if i wanted to buy something which is expensive,i'll first ask..about its durability.Why?As i believe,something that's expensive is meant to be better than the cheaper one.The problem is whether it will be durable enough to be worn/used for some time.One of the facts is also because it's expensive n i wanted it to last.U dont want ur best,most expensive gold to have the brightest shine(compared than others),but after some times,getting black much faster than others,rite?

If u ask me,i'd rather buy an expensive "gold" that shines brighter than others(dont have to be the brightest),that will shine that way long enough for me to enjoy it,before it's darkened.

#68 Smichz, May 3, 2007
  9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Just a final word from me then I am off this thread (I think :) )..

If your racket break during normal play (no clashes) Yonex warranties cover that for you. If your racket brake if you throw it to the ground or clash it, no graphite racket in the world will be guaranteed to survive that and no maker will replace that, free of charge..

So basically if it is a manufacture defect, quality issue, you will NOT have to pay $200 for a new racket!

I have stated many times in this forum that I think Yonex recommended tension of its top-modles is to low, in essence voiding warranties for advanced players (but they usually replace higher tensioned rackets, if it can be shown that there was no stringing misstake, or abuse/clash involved)

I have noted that yonex is upping the max recommended tension on later models which is a move in the right direction, and I think they generally produce products of extremely good quality (and they are not the only brand these days to produce top-quality gear).

My 2 cents,
    Twobeer

P.S.

If you just want to maximize durability, just dont use the racket and remeber to string it 15 lbs (or keep it unstringed) in a wooden box.. I am sure it will last a lifetime ;) any rackets lifespan will shorten the more you use it...

If we only looked at durability as a single parameter, we would all be using those sucky plastic shuttles, and not the wonderful feather shuttlesm right :)

Also for me I, even if i break rackets now and then I break far more strings, and adding cost, the cost of srings is always higher for me than the cost of rackets.. so...

D.S.

#69 twobeer, May 3, 2007
  10. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Well,maybe u're rite..maybe i'm too fast in making conclusions.Well,me n the yonex "guy" has become a good friend.So,we talked alot.I asked alot about yonex racquets as well,for which one is the top sales,etc.Sales/return figures,i dont think i am allowed to see that,but i made my "conclusions" based on my observations,and also from the yonex's guy own testimonials.Like i mentioned before,he said,"Yonex so far is one of the brand that produces the best quality rackets in the market.But too bad,there are quite alot of returns made due to defect,or break down as well".

11. Loppy

Loppy Regular Member

I wouldn't complain about racket durability, I think it's fine, however I think Yonex sucks cos it sells rackets at ridiculously overvalued prices, and they prevent vendors from selling the rackets below a certain price even if the vendor wants to sell them cheaper :/

12. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Sorry twobeer,but i guess ur answer didn't really answer my question.Will anyone claim the warranty if he intendedly broke his racket?If there r,then this topic isnt meant for them.

I dont know in ur country,but in here,china,yonex's warranty is really limited to those who listened to their words.Even if it's 1 lbs more,then just say bye2 to ur racket warranty.In other words,in china,if someone wanna keep his yy warranty valid,he cant go over than the suggested tension.

About the maximizing durability thing,from ur point of view,i got a better idea,Dont buy it.Hahaha..:D.I didnt mean to have a racquet that can last forever,so i'll never do it.Put it in easy way,let's do it in a normal way.My current racket is a carbon graphite,3U.Suggested tension is up to 22lbs.Strung it for 3 times already for the past 5 months,up to 23,25,28 lbs,but with a still valid warranty given by the "boss".Clashed tens of times during the doubles.
    If it can be that durable,why cant YY?

13. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

I guess they wanted to make it uni-priced,so that ppl will not complain about "Hey,how come that vendor sells it cheaper than u",or something.
    But in here,there r some "backdoor" vendors that does that.I dont know in UK though.:confused:

14. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Just for info,that's what my coach,one of tang xian hu's students(he said it) said..dont know whether it's true or not.Wanna know more,just ask him..:)

#74 Smichz, May 3, 2007
  15. jerby

jerby Regular Member

So basically, this boiles down to "I think yonex's break to fast, so I want yonex to "fix" it"

I'm sorry mate, but you still didn't convince me yonex has "crappy durability"
    because there's no testing what happened to all those rackets that were returned...
    You might not kick it around, but there sure are some reall vandals ;)

in the end, yonex has a warranty...and you admittadly break it...yet complain if it breaks?
    for that matter, what's the entire point of this thread?

16. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Till this mean time,i dont have a yy racquet,n considering to buy one,but still putting a hold.So,i havent break the rules yet,and i will never make one if i finally decided to buy their racket,since i wanted a valid warranty.So,this is just an answer to the "terms in other countries",if they may still give some tollerancy to the "higher than suggested tension" term,but not in china.Hope u got it rite now..;)

It's not only my voice who said that yonex has some durability issue.There's still more of it outside.So,why do i have to bother to convince u?No one can convince me to buy something until i finally decided my self to buy it.They can pursuade,but it's up to me to believe it or na,dont u think?So,whatever u think it is,it's up to you,rite?U said X is the best,while i said Z is the best,or U said Z is sucks,and i say X is sucks.It's our personal thought.U said Z is sucks maybe because u had problems with it,or seen or heard alot,but didnt say that X is sucks because u never had any problems with that.That's normal.I say X is sucks since i heard it from so many ppl,and seen some of it myself,so,that's kinda normal rite?Making assumption from observations or experiences?:confused:

#76 Smichz, May 3, 2007
  17. jerby

jerby Regular Member

yeah, I'm now officially done here ;)

good luck with your (maybe) purchase! :D

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    a few words before i close this thread.

firstly, durability is a difficult thing to quantify. talk to 10 different people and you will likely to get 10 different answers as they use different models of different brands. even within the Yonex brand there are 30 different models, it is meaningless to say if that 30 rackets as a whole are durable or fragile as there is a diverse spectrum of racket design and material use.

and that brings to the second point. many top end rackets are made for performance, some are made to be ultra light. ultra light rackets are by nature weaker if all other parameters are kept the same. so if you buy into the top end racket hype then don't expect your racket to last.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.