Yonex sucks because its well known indurability??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Smichz, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer

From ur 1st point..yes,that might worked.There's a chance of that as well.In my place,there's one badminton-tennis walking-street,and there's 3 big stores,includes yonex,kason,and kawasaki.Since i've attended some lessons in the court around there,i've been making some observations about rackets..since i intended to buy one.In fact,i'm making friends with them bosses(that's what we call them):cool:.And from what i observed,since from ur point of view,u think that yonex users r more than others..in my place,there's less yonex buyers:eek:.I can see it,since i hang out on their places everyday that time.From what i heard from them about complaints of their products..each of them have few.The least r the kawasaki,n the most is yonex.In the yonex store,there r 3 broken racquetes used by ppl.Luckily,those r not my dream racquete:D..Then,i asked the yonex guy about things.He said..yonex rackets r undoubtfully the best in the market..but they really breaks easier than others.:eek:Not an exact type of a worker that u'll search for huh?But i do appreciates his honesty though..

This thing also one of the factor that made me decided to make this thread.

From the 2nd point,even though it makes sense.hahaha..u really put the users in the victim groups though:D.

But..at least i can illustrate it myself though.Thx there..

2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Yup..n i'm sorry to u n the others for the title that is exaggerating..That but u do believe that yonex has some durability issue on some places,even a little n u expect them to improve on it rite?A good company shouldnt stop improving rite?

3. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Yeah..i appreciate ur idea though.Hehe..it's just probably not only me that expects yonex top-end rackets r not only good at its playability,but also at its durability,since it costs at the top range of prices in the market.
    Hehe..can u be really aware n not clashing at all in the doubles?:confused:Even pros can't do that..

Oh MG,is it really so wrong to expect something that is so expensive to last?N i wont talk about yonex top-end racket if i wanted to have a steel racket,am i?:confused:

Yeah..every badminton lovers knows that yonex is the best company in the badminton business.Didnt i inform u before in the beginning?But cant they do something regarding this issue?U wanna stop them if they do?Besides,what/who do u think is perfect enough that u dont want/expect them to improve?;)

4. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

I feel sorry if u didnt really read my beginning msg..i said..yonex is all i knew.Why?Because it's the best i know.So,if u wanna ask me about anything else than that..sorry,i dont know.That's before i came to china.

I'll skip ur illustration about cars..since i dont really get it.What's that oil represents in badminton?:confused:

Yes..i know how u feel about yonex.N probably most of u here feel the same.But in ur case,i can feel that u have some feeling towards it.I can appreciate that n i'm sorry if this thread might hurt ur feeling in some ways.
    Let's use ur experience as an example,in a bad way.Let's say someone else have worked in his entire summer n used his money to buy,..mm..let's say on an AT serie,n it broke down.Let's say he played badminton for some years already n he decided to strung my racket to 26 lbs,about 1 or 2 lbs more than the suggested tension.But we all know that yonex wont give a warranty on his case.So,he dont get the change.How would that someone feel?

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Yes..because my dad used his old carbonex more than 5 years,before he bought a new one,a carbonex as well.Of course,he plays double in most of his badminton life.Can't imagine how many clashes he made with it..:rolleyes:

True..the issue is the higher-end,or the top-end's durability..is kind of lack.Yes,i got some input from other ppl here,that top end is performance-peak n not its durability.The main point i meant is to pursuade yonex would make some improvement in that area.

6. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Hahaha..does yonex that bad that they have to make a -2U so that it'll be durable enough?..u do make it look worse,mate..:D

From what i heard,even carbonex can withstand the durability issue.So does rackets from other brands.What r they?3U?..

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

FYI, AT800 max recommended tension is 24lb. If you strung an AT800 at 25lb and broke due to defect and not clash, Yonex will replace your racquet (26lb is pushing it). Also, Yonex has 1 year warrenty. Please feel free to string your racquet at 30lb after that because there is no warrenty issue. I did work entire summer to buy a Yonex AR80 and I have it framed on my wall now. My car example is just an extreme example. What I am tring to say is you need to know what you are paying for. Are you paying for performance or durability. The example I am tring to make is if you want the best performance you have to pay more for NS8k or NS9K (Astin Martin or Ferrari). If durability is what you want, there are many other choice out there Cab21 or Cab30ms (Toyota or Honda).
    Yes, many high end racquets will not withstand a clash and that include Wilson, Sotx, MMOA and other so call "High Tech" racquet. I agree with you if you say most of racquets with new tech inside have durability issue.

My favor racquet is an Boron Graphite made by Emerik. It was an Ausie brand from 20 yrs ago. It die in a big sporting goods stringer's hand. That is why I string my own racquet now. Don't worry, just because we do not see eye to eye on one subject, that does not mean we do not value your point. Infact, we complain about Yonex because we like Yonex and we want them to make even better products so we can try it out. And may be win a couple games with it.

Good day to you all.

8. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Ok, you tried those, and you felt you didn't get good power out of. "sucked" is a pretty strong statement, though.. How did you string them?

I've seen numerous breakages without clashes.. I have personally had 2 NS8Ks break on me at 12oclock during a smash (un-clashed, and without string breakage) strung 28lbs. I have ssen shafts break in many tournaments, and on warmup sessions from Pros (forzas, Yonex etc). I've Seen frame collapse when pros play in WC, Copenhagen Masters etc..There have also been quite a few reports from BC members about non-clash breakages on different models and brands..
    So I don't agree its ONLY abuse that causes racket-breakage in general.

Well, if the rackets are designed for insanely fast smashes, and 35lbs of tension (that some pros use), and are durable for the pros, then durability wouldnt be an issue for most mouthpieces on this site i guess :rolleyes: .

But it is hard to get any statistics how many rackets are broken for the pros, they just get new rackets i suppose for free...

But if I am going to war .... ;)

I hope I haven't written anything offensive in any way, If I have I am sorry!! ...I do may best to be unbiased and objective! hope you stick around..

/Twobeer

#48 twobeer, May 3, 2007
    Last edited: May 3, 2007
  9. ViningWolff

ViningWolff Regular Member

Process Engineer
    Part of the problem is that Yonex has set the bar pretty high for themselves over the past three decades by producing, for intensive purposes, the best products in badminton. Blacken, Boron 2, Cab 8, Iso-800, Ti-10 Muscle Power 99.

However I agree that some of the new generation of higher end Yonex raquets, liek the Nanospeeds, are noted to have thin, somewhat fragile frames. A couple of the guys sponsored by Yonex in my area have broken the frames on numerous NS from mishits - not clashes - mishits.

I tested a few of the NS and within a couple hits I was handing them back for fear might break them.

I agree to point with the argument of durability vs performance, however I no longer use Yonex, because for the product the price is borderline outrageous. (the last ones I had were the iso-200, so I haven't used Yonex for some time)

Now this problem exists in a number of brands - Black Night, Forza, Winnex, Proace, the difference for me is that I can break two Black Knights for the price of a Yonex.

Yonex ran into this very problem with the Slim-10 a couple years ago. It was a top performing raquet that was ultra light/thin, but word got around VERY quickly that it had minimal durability, so people quit buying them when the local rep wouldn't warranty them.

Yonex overall is very good brand even if I don't like them, one of the best for overall quality (the best in my mind is still ProAce). However, every so often they push the envelope too far and end up with dud line and ins ome cases a very EXPENSIVE dud.

Cheers

Vining

10. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    quoted for truth.

time to close this thread... seems that there is fanboyism to the extreme, or prejudiced to the extreme in this thread.

11. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

:)..Finally there's some witnesses confessed about this issue.

12. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Smichz.. you don't get it do you? We all disagree with your view that Yonex hig-end are less durable (as a general statement)...

And there is no "well known indurability""!!

Cheers,
    Twobeer

13. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Thx sir kelvin for ur concern,but i replied his msg above already.Hehe..peace for all!As it's meant for some critics on the issue(durability),not anyone's feeling..Good day for every single one of u!

14. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Well,thx for reminding sir.I'm sorry if i did,in some parts,making a "too-general" statement about things accidentally.
    I've seen some broken racquetes r hanging inside the yonex store in my place,left by the users,for them to learn stringing.Some AT,n even MP.And have read through some threads that's mentioning the similar case.
    Thinking that yonex users r more than the others?Well..not in here.How do i know?I used to hang out in those area ,like everyday.:)

As far as i concerned,or from my observations,in my place,there are 5 major brands that runs through the badminton market.Begin from the most used brand,
    1.Victor(From rackets,shirts,shoes,bags,shuttles)
    2.Kason(Racquetes,bags,shirts,shoes)
    3.SOTX(Racquetes)
    4.Yonex(Racquetes,shuttles,shoes,shirts)
    5.Kawasaki(Shoes,shuttles)
    6.Misc(Bonny,flexpro,fleet,oliver,etc)..

So,at least,if u're me,u can easily figured out which one has durability issue.

#54 Smichz, May 3, 2007
    Last edited: May 3, 2007
  15. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Maybe you are jumping to conclusions, if you judge durability on a whole series of rackets just by looking at a store..

I find it hardly surprising that a "Yonex store" would have more "Yonex" rackets returned due to racalamation than other brands ??? Do you have their sales/return figures?

/Twobeer

16. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

Sorry but this discussion ist getting more and more ridiculous since the thread author does not want to understand the point, that a high tech racket which might be developed for max performance may have less durability.
    I buy an expensive high tech racket seeking for the max performance and not for durability, I dont care whether it breaks on clashes.
    If I want a durable racket, I get a less expensive mid range racket.
    Yonex rackets are improving, performance wise and durability wise but there is always the trade off between performance and durability and the owner does know about it.
    If you want performance then go high end, if you want durability then go for mid range.

17. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    actually, my friend broke 2 mp100s :p one of them being a 3u tho i think.

18. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

Is that also the place where you heard that JP rackets are made of better material than other coded rackets ? :rolleyes:

19. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    i am bored little person at work deciding to join in this topic =P i think YY's racket are lacking in durability only because i had a $50 imitation (amortec 700) and in 2 clashes i broke an mp88 or mp66 and some other racket (also yy) both rackets i broke (actually they broke it on me so they can't blame me), only encountered maybe 1 or 2 minor clashes before. mine was still going strung at around 28lbs. finally broke when i decide to string it at 30lbs and leave it in the heat... >.> stupid heat. don't leave your rackets in the car, the hot cool, hot cool weather will kill the racket. lasted me a good 3 years cuz 1st 2 years i didn't have it in the car, then i graduated and found a job so i bring my rackets to work and leave them in the car. blah =P

20. jerby

jerby Regular Member

please, please...paragraphs (;))

and you blame yonex your Fake(!) racket broke, and another strung at 30lbs and leaving it in the car...after 3 years? the other ones is bad luck, I admit...
    But I think three years is a good lifetime for a racket...but that's me...

I was gonna reply to the topic starter one last time..But I think it's all been said by now...and if you still think yonex is crappy, that's your call I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.