Predictions for Aviva Singapore Open 2007

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by kimpe_bultang, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    haha...thank you thank you...
    i wish to see FHF/CY playing...;)

2. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

No Easy China to beat both INA and Malaysia..

3. kimpe_bultang

kimpe_bultang Regular Member

hmmm, athlete and student
    True, betul!! Hwehehehehehhe.. Taufik's a tough enemy ya know..

4. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i'll be shocked if they get less than 3 titles in SO, 4 is likely whilst all 5 is rather optimistic. MD remains elusive for the CHN team and i can really only see TH and PG (it's unfortunate that they have to meet in the 2nd round) challenging the chinese in MS. XD, WS and WD are almost a foregone conclusion.

5. emperor

emperor Regular Member

Badminton Player
    Who is left out ???

4 out of 5, who is out ? sad to say : is that the MD which cause u lack of confident ? They are my favourite Pair, I m actually watching their matches everyday and try to capture the way they play and i found it is work. By the way can u u/stand their finger message? i see no different on their strategy? u u/stand?:confused::confused::confused::confused: ;)

6. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    yes, i am quite doubtful for CY/FHF to win in MD category. but still have the faith anyway. regarding the finger message, i am not really understand deeply in what they are delivering. however, whenever FHF is serving, he will point out the first finger. i guess the first finger indicates a low serve. two fingers indicates a high serve. but when CY having the serve, he doesnt give any finger message. someone pls correct me if i am wrong.:eek:

7. emperor

emperor Regular Member

Badminton Player
    confused !!!!

I m not sure whether u r right? I m confused, initially I have the same thought as what u thought, but do u still remember the All England semi final match with CW/TG, 3rd Game Match Point, Fu HF indicate 1 finger but he serve high. :confused::confused::confused::confused::D:D:D:D

8. FU4EVA

FU4EVA New Member

student
    Actually. if you observe properly the recent matches played by fu/cai, cai also ha a hand signal. His hand signal is quite fast compared to fu. The signal gave by fu was when everyone is prepared to play. While cai gave the signal when they are still preparing on the court to play. I realize cai signal in these few recent matches only. Previous matchs i think only fu had given the hand signal. And, i don't think it indicate high or low serve because like what said by emperor fu indicate 1 finger even for high serve. Till now I have no idea about it. Would continue to figure out.

9. kimpe_bultang

Yeaaaapz... One finger means low serve, two fingers means high serve.. Its so stupid that they're still using this kind of message... They should just belive in their partner, and every one should always be ready to take any kind of shots... :D

10. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Although i am a die hard LCW fans. But, i think LCW will never ever "stand up" anymore...is sad for me to said so.. as this is really a "trend" for Malaysia player which is "presure". LCW stund a good result during his heyyear because that time he is nobody and less people pay attention to him. Therefore he can perform it very well with good results again & again. Until he became somebody, then he started to "care" what people will aspect and think about him... due to that, there is where comes the "presure". When presure comes U NO LONGER can perform NORMALLY..

eg. how fast can u open a pedal lock of your house. No problem right?? we can do it with NO problem AT ALL
    BUT.. IF behind u is a lion chasing for u and i can SAID.. u are unable to open the simple pedal lock this time.. right?

For LCW, the more he wanted to find his way to stand up.. the more he will slump.. because the presure is there and is with him...

To me, he has to FORGET his pass success and began from the begining as how he did it when he was nobody.. play with confidence and acts likes a fighter..I believe this is the ONLY solution for him...

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Bad logic -- if I have a lion behind my back, my senses would be at its best coz my life depends on it. LCW had to conform to coaching standard set by Li Mao, which stifled his own thinking. Look out for a new LCW in the coming tournaments. His confidence would come back with Misbun's freestyle (if a player is motivated, he would be able to perform better under Misbun as he will be allowed to dictate his own play). I am pretty sure I am right in this.

12. Dimplex

Dimplex Regular Member

student
    i really do hope lcw can pull himself out of his slump in form. i think misbun can help him...he was afterall instrumental in guiding lcw's career before li mao took over.

13. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Good practise

You need to let your partner know if you want to do flick serve so he/she can position herself/himself for the return. Double is still a team game, how well the players communicate with one another is part of the success! In short, is good to have those fingers raising as long as it not the middle one :D

14. kimpe_bultang

LMAO... Yeaah, I agree.. But its better if the partner is more alert.. Like this, shows that the doubles couple's not that bonded tghtr.. For me, I mean.. :D

15. samhui1

samhui1 Regular Member

Businessman
    finger message

No...la, brother, i dont think such a professional player will indicate stupid kind of messages. Sure got something behind, let me have a drink with LYB then I come back to U, OK ?

16. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    lin dan still recuperating from injury so my bet is on taufik hidayat or LCW. dont ask me why LCW. gut feeling. KKK and TBH should be able to win this, bar any fancy shmancy style of play from KKK. my bet is on KKK/TBH or FHF/CY. the other groups i am not sure. but i love for WMC to at least be in the quarter finals. maybe even semi finals.

17. emperor

emperor Regular Member

Badminton Player
    support

Yes, I totally agreed to U, Sam. Even u & me also wont give such simple message while we r serving (indicate high or low), I strongly disagree the finger message is so simple. I think it would be ........(my personal opinion only...) 1 = cai be in front (net setting), Fu will be at the back (full impact on Jumping Smash), whereas 5 finger will indicate he is tired, need Cai to cover the back, and he will be in front to recover the energy.:cool:

18. kimpe_bultang

But only Fu does that... hmmm, interesting topic.. I'll ask my coach abt this.. And you can ask Li Yongbo abt it too, samhui1.. :)

19. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design

I hope you are NOT serious...signal is very important in double...even in Tennis...all double palyers have signals behind their backs to let let their partners know where to serve, etc....

20. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

I just cant wait to see LCW perform.I am sure that we are going to see a more aggressive and confident Chong Wei.Misbun has done his part.It's Lcw turn to take the SO 2007.KKK/TBH will take the doubles crown.You don't believe,ah!Never mind,you don't have to.