Angry Rexy to punish Kien keat

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by ixory, Apr 18, 2007.

1. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    You couldn't be more wrong:p. Look up on Rexy and Ricky's games from previous championships. They're a grade from everybody else during their prime:cool:. They can be quite the showboat as anyone else;). The difference here is that they know when to huddle down for the win whereas KKK and TBH broke down and never got back their focus.

#41 cappy75, Apr 20, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  2. ben95

ben95 Regular Member

studient
    I find a little bit unfair to say that defeat of KKK/TBH is only based on KKK failure. I have watched the match and I found that CTF/LWW simply played better in the first and third game (too many errors in the second)

From all KKK/TBH matchs I saw, although they have a strong defense, they didn't rely only on it. They tried to maintain pressure in the net in order to force the lift.

I though CTF/LWW were better at the net and flat game in this final. They keep pressure on KKK and KKK/TBH were often defending.

CTF/LWW attacks were also varied and accurates (in the hips or feet, so more difficult to return).

I'm not saying that KKK/TBH were at their best level, but may be more credits should be given to CTF/LWW. Perhaps I'm wrong :eek:

3. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Rexy is the man

My guess is Rexy just doesn't want to see KKK/TBH ended up like Hafiz, totally dissappear after he won the All England(unfortunately Lee Chong Wei seems to heading to that direction also)
    I like Rexy not just because he is a good coach but also a great motivator. I think this is what Misbun lack of, how to discipline and fire up his players. I that respect, throw Lee Chong Wei and Hafiz into Rexy camp and see how thing goes, better than see the ship sinking.
    KKK/TBH and other MDs are in good hands, fortunate to say.

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Well i do agree that Rexy is a great coach. He loves his players and treat them like his own children. :)

5. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

Not a bad idea to get LCW and Hafiz to join the MD training sessions few hours per day. The motivation and spirit could rub off on them.

6. bugjan72

bugjan72 Regular Member

Consultant
    All,

I wanted to make some comments about why Rexy punished KKK for his 'show-off and arrogant' attitude. People can argue about Rexy's judgment but I am sure coach knows better his players than everybody else, he knows his player's characters, he knows his player's weakness and 'hidden' attitude tendency...
    Why Rexy punished KKK? because Rexy knew that KKK played to show off to the Malaysian (local)gallery..
    Rexy's concern was simple: If this attitude is not punished by now, can you imagine what KKK will do in the World Championship which will be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia? All world players will come to play and compete but KKK will play to show-off to the gallery and Rexy doesn't want to see that repeated.
    Rexy had warned his players to put their feet in the ground firmly...Rexy knows Malaysian players attitude since he was player..in fact he stated in one of the Indonesian newspaper that when he was player most of Malaysian players were 'big-headed and arrogant' once they became a champion in a very small tournament and he doesn't want to see that happened again to Malaysian players under him and waht made him worried the arrogant and big-headed indications are already there...

In fact, he was not too happy to see all the celebrations after KKK/TBH became AE champion, in one of the Malaysian newspaper he stated that you could really celebrate if Malaysian players can be a World Champion and Olympic champion.

Please to all M'sian fans, don't get offended with my comments...I know some of you don't agree with Rexy's approach and his style but as Rexy said in one of his motivation session to all players: as long as you are not world champion or Olympic champion, all of you are nothing in front of me and all of you don't have any options but to listen and follow my instructions....this is arrogant approach but a very challenging way to provoke his player -if can't be better than Rexy- at least they can reach what Rexy had got before.

7. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Poor Rexy...I feel sorry for him because not only he has to cope with the pressure to win, but he also has to deal with their personal mental weakness. I am sure thats not part of the contract, BAM should compensate him for being a nanny for those players.

8. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

just listen to him, he knows the feeling... he brought KKK/TBH to this level... and with Rexy's success, including WC and Olympics, i can't say anything bad about what he's trying to impart to his students... if they trust rexy as a player and as a coach, and want to be as successful or more successful than him, they must listen to him...

9. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

I think Rexy doesn't mind his trainees showing off as long as they put results far far ahead of showing off. Look at the clip of Nathan Robertson training trick shots with Rexy on youtube. Rexy wouldn't be doing that kind of thing with Nathan if he really minds his trainees showing off. I actually think that showing off can mentally challenge and pressure the opponent to crack and I'm sure that Rexy is aware of that and practices that. It's just that KKK wasn't playing it to his advantage.

10. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    can someone tell me why is KKK being punished for?

11. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    :rolleyes: erm...pls read the text below:

12. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

We will tell after Singapore Open 2007 if KKK becomes the second Hafiz.....and if that happened, I hope Rexy will not follow Li Mao's footstep.

13. ants

ants Regular Member

KKK wont be playing a fool again.

14. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

don't worry
    KKK/TBH lost in ABC due to match fixing, haha
    no offense

15. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i sincerely hope so. KKK and TBH have so much potential. they could be one of the greats. and rexy could take them there. i just hope KKK realize that and get working. if not for anybody else then for himself.the path to greatness have many obstacles.

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Frankly speaking, KKK/TBH still need to rely on Rexy for Mental strength. They have to learn to play well without Rexy. Its true that they won many tournaments this year but at the same time both of them still have alot of things to learn.

17. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    they are still 'anak mama' :)

18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Ants, sometimes it is hard to see what is going on and you need someone observing to tell you -- this is is because the players are too busy focusing on their game. Take a look at Tan Fook-Wan Wah, they are very experienced but sometimes they cannot tell what is happening to their game and they lose.

So my thots are no matter how good you are, you will need a coach whose duty would be to observe and advise.

19. cheongsa

cheongsa Regular Member

Assistant Professor
    Candra and Tony frequently play without a coach... now that's experience.

20. hyperactive

hyperactive Regular Member

student
    oh man you guys got me really into this...AND I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED THAT GAME! what did he do that was so bad?!

I'm off the the other video sharing forum to find out....