The problem with Malaysian badminton

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by YellowString, Apr 16, 2007.

1. babyV

babyV Regular Member

HA, this time i have to agree with you. it is kind of overreacting for them to tell kkk that he will started to go down...and down..... and down......just for one time dreaming on the court. :rolleyes:

however, please do remember that i have never said something like that before (i kind of think that it is more like cursing someone than critisizing).:p :p

2. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

alfa-2... babyv here has said it too. cursing rather than criticizing.

3. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    then how to criticize constructively?

"ok, kkk you have done wrong, pls dont ever make those mistakes again??"

come on, be realistic, this is life and we humans have emotions, and it is perfectly normal to get upset and say things. It is not that we want to get a gun to go shoot him right away right??

How do you think Rexy will deal with kkk?? Talk nicely and being just constructively?? i believe NO as Rexy is a very passionate person, so am I. Sure he gets some pure scolding (not constructive ones) for upsetting Rexy in semi (1st offence) and Final (repeating the wrong doings again).

4. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    alright i admit that i have gone overboard for ONLY that particular comment. But nevertheless, he deserved the rest of them........:D:D:D

and pls be reminded, it was his 2nd offence.......that's why Rexy was also so upset.

#64 alfa-2, Apr 17, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  5. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

then surely you don't make a very good coach.
    you are assuming that Rexy is doing the same as you.
    its not that hard being constructive.
    you want reality, then where does you journey has just started...into the drain come from?
    dont you know that
    your journey has just started...into the drain
    is very different from
    your journey has just started...you don't want to go into the drain do you?

coaches have to go under training for a period of time before getting the qualification. and this sort of things are covered in the course. dont believe me? go and ask at any association.
    or in fact, you can also ask any sports psychologist. we need these sort of things (coaching courses) because humans have emotions, a conscience and free will.

EDIT:
    and you were not making sense, you may not see that yourself but i'm telling you.

#65 llpjlau, Apr 17, 2007
  6. babyV

babyV Regular Member

Sometimes both of you can be very.... SCARY AND DEFENSIVE!!!!!! Anyway, i know that u guys (in fact all of us) just hoping for the best from both of them (kkk/tbh). Don't need to argue anymore lah...... no good.....:D :D :D

p/s: llpjlau, u can be a very good lawyer, i guess.... hehehehe and also, kkk surely is happy to have a supporter like u......:p :p :p

7. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    if everything can be done according to the book, not involving some emotion of oneself, we can all be robots already.

Did Rexy cry and threaten the players that he would quit BAM when he got upset over the loss of MAS team event at Doha? Does that part of crying and threatening include in the training of becoming a coach too? Answer that yourself pls.

And if it isnt in the book, and should it be according to your post, Rexy cant be a good coach either. But Rexy is a good coach indeed. So i have to disagree with your thoughts in your post.

8. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

what does Rexy 'crying' and threatening to quit have to do with criticizing (or cursing rather) ?
    you are taking irrelevant matters into the topic.
    i am saying Rexy, as a coach, who did undergo courses, wouldnt be saying things that you think he would. i said that those sort of things are covered in reputable courses carried out by different assiociations.
    its rather difficult to explain such things through words on a screen. i'm sure you have much more to say. i am not making this a debate between you and me. we leave that for a cup of coffee later.

EDIT:
    are you based in singapore? give me a contact number and we can have hours long discussions/debates/conversations/arguments the next time i am in singapore. maybe you would make more sense then.

EDIT 2:
    p.s. i am not saying things because i am a loyal and passionate supporter of KKK. i have only seem them play 2 times. i am disillusioned by the unjustice that is shown here towards KKK. and that is not something i will leave aside without voicing (better word: typing) my opinion.

#68 llpjlau, Apr 17, 2007
  9. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    llpjlau, i think we should stop debating on these issues anymore as it seemed to me, is pointless after all.....hahaha......not that im on the losing side nor you are. Well, babyV said it all. :p:p:p

Thanks babyV, if not we would have debated around this for days......hahaha.......

Well as what this thread is all about, "The Problem with Malaysian badminton", anyone have any ideas on how to solve this issue?

#69 alfa-2, Apr 17, 2007
  10. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    But was Rexy's action then all in the book? His action and my comments were triggered because we are all passionate human beings, not robots.

11. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

there was never a competition anyway. no matter what i say, there will still be such bad air surrounding this issue. some things never change.

12. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

suprisingly and funny enough, if you realise enough, rexy did that to push the players. it was not merely his personal feelings.
    ya, i agree with you that we are humans with emotions, but there are in fact thousands, if not millions, of things better left unsaid in this world.
    word of advice, if you ever happen to have a conversation with KKK, control your trigger finger, you'll make a fool of yourself by putting personal emotions in.

13. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

a straight answer to the question on how to solve the problem in malaysian badminton

what problem?
    apparent big-heads that lose?
    or
    lack of skill, professional coaching, government funding and national support?

14. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    just look back at my previous post why would i have said such things to curse kkk and to answer your question, im not cursing at all....i was just questioning then. See the question mark at the end of the sentence, not a full stop or exclaimation mark. So no cursing. Criticising, yes.

#74 alfa-2, Apr 17, 2007
  15. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    i think the problem is MAS players' performances tend to go down hill after hitting the top spot or after winning few tourneys. Issues of couldnt perform well consistently.

16. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

its the same for most sports. players or athletes may be just starting, heading towards their peak and after being up there for some time, there is a gradual downwards slope.
    i am certain that applies in badminton as well. so you are saying that KKK is actually on a downwards slope now?

17. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    Dear llpjlau,

As in my post before, im just questioning whether is it another HH in the making. Not cursing them to be another HH. It will be really sad if that they just turn out to be another HH. Talented and skillful but not being serious in the game.

I really hope that he can take Rexy seriously and buck asap like TBH as there are 2 SS tournaments coming soon back to back.

If you were at the stadium, then you could really see how much the crowd had been disappointed by kkk's play at semi final and repeated the same things and even got worse in the final.

#77 alfa-2, Apr 17, 2007
  18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    You may not be cursing, but the way your message can be interpreted is very likely to be destructive and taken in a personal manner. Even though you don't intend to be so destructive, that's how the message comes across. If you give multiple messages of destructive criticism, a person (not just badminton players) will get depressed.

Criticism can be made constructively or destructively. It takes real skill to know when and how to make constructive criticism. A player's personality also is important.

Have to strongly agree with llpjlau.

Just another point, KKK has an extrovert personality. He can be slated by his coach. He may react positively. The trouble is, many of the others think it's now OK to criticise him the same way. i.e. it's now in fashion to have a go at him. Multiple messages like this do not give a cumulative improvement in the player.

#78 Cheung, Apr 17, 2007
  19. yhkin

yhkin Regular Member

Government officer

20. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

man, you Malaysian guys are terrible 'fans':
    A panicky lot! KKK/TBH are the best thing you've ever got talent-wise, and they are a young pair. They've won nearly everything this year, and they lost to another Malaysian pair - you'd think you'd be happy your no.2 team is starting to play well but no!

I really think you go overboard. I read loads of crazy rants about this pair even when they won if they drop a set. ..

I think in this instance though that they weren't as motivated. True, KKK is cocky. But I think for a major tournament [and the ABC wasn't this year: no real competition in the MD] they will bring out their A-game. To date, none of the top pairs can match it for 3 sets. Win the first, play tactically in the second and then kill off tired opponents in the third.

A lot of the cockiness will be kicked out of them by Rexy. I think it will do them good losing a tournament right now. Better that than steam roller all opponents until an important match in olympics or worlds. They have to learn the lesson to be always hungry and never satisfied.

But 'hometown champions' only? Come on, they are the best team in the world right now. Be serious.