The problem with Malaysian badminton

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by YellowString, Apr 16, 2007.

1. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

where Winnie said if it were you.
    by the way, Winnie also just gave a literally perfect solution to all of this; leave it for time to tell.

2. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

easier said.
    lets say he continues with his apparently 'criticism-deserving' performances, and wins other titles, you wouldn't be criticizing him. don't deny it, its a fact. thats the culture.

3. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Totally agree with you..:) Humans are are like this.If they win today,i am sure nobody will critize him.:)

4. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

finally, another person who is on the same page as me! thanks jessica.

5. winnie

winnie Regular Member

but i dun hope they won ABC..cos i already saw it earlier that there's symtoms tat the fame has slowly get into their head..but still i will support them cos i believe all this is just temporary..dun kill our only hope..

6. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    guys, lets see how kkk/tbh do in Sin Open. give him another chance. lets see how their maturity goes in Sin Open then...

7. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    I just feel there are just too many bashing to him.I felt that some comment is not based on his bad performance this time but the hatrad or prejudice towards him.Come on,why don't you say all this things when they win.:) Lets the time to prove all the things.:)In my opinion,they definetely deserve another chance.

8. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

yes, exactly jessica!
    at the All England, when KKK-TBH were on match point (20-15 or something like that), KKK was on the groove after he did a net shot that clip the tape.
    for God's sake, it was only a match point which eventually lead to the end of 25 years of wait and he was celebrating like that!?
    but boy... no one criticized him for being so confident and "big-headed" then.
    speaking of confidence, a few points before that incident, when their opponents (from China) hit a clear and was going out, KKK-TBH seem to be walking in one direction together.... i assume thats being big-headed as well? but again, no one criticized them (or KKK) for that, why?
    because they won.

9. winnie

winnie Regular Member

very well said llpjlau! haha..come on..it's not all their fault..
    we hv the one who's responsible for all the "promotion" which disrupt their normal training schedules to be blame on..

10. babyV

babyV Regular Member

And for those who always protect the players saying that we shouldnt judge them too early coz
    1) they had tried their best OR
    2) they have lots of pressure OR
    3) It is ok to lose once in a while OR
    ...........and many many more

My answer to that is sorry, if kkk have the guts to play crap like that (i dont blame those who werent there to witness the crap by kkk), just be well prepared to get bashings from us, fan of badminton. We love badminton and the beauty of it, but we are NOT fan of players where when they do wrong things and we'll make excuses for them to say that it is ok and it is not fair to judge them or too early to judge them.

don't get me wrong. but we all love kkk since he used to play well. personally, i think he has a great future. and i think people will not critisized him if we knew that he tried their best (even if he loose). However, the cocky expression on his face is what makes me frustrated the most. i am not saying that he didn't deserve a second chance but sometimes, people need to be woken up from their dreams. and sometimes, to achieve that way, we need to tell them what is wrong. it is great for me to know that there are some people who support him 100%. However, in this case, i don't think a lot of support are better to make him realize. Why don't peple said anything about tbh? because we can see from his face that he had tried his best. how come i know that kkk didn't tried hard enough? come on lah, we all can see expression on their faces."Losing to players from our countries are better than foreigners". is that a quote that is going to lifted ur spirited? and honestly, i think people will still talk about how fame has infected his way of living (not to mention way of playing,too) even if he won the championship. i'll still support him and i think others too. but we are trully dissapointed and frustrated with the way he had acted. critisizing is to help someone to be a better person. not to talk only bad things about them. and sometimes too many sympathy and reasons can take someone down. not up..... i just hope that kkk realized that we don't hated him or being 'prejudiced', we only want him to be better. ABC is past. i hope kkk/tbh will try harder after this. And i think Malaysia will still support him. and of course, WE THE CRITISIZER WILL STILL SUPPORT KKK/TBH. BUT NOT EVERY TIME. :)

11. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    TIME ALREADY TELL.....i believe. when kkk/tbh gets alot of media attention after winning AE n SO, some did say that it wasnt good for them. And I believe i was one of them that said so. Then someone came saying it is too early to make such decision or to judge them and to be fair let's wait until the end of ABC before deciding did the celebration really affect their performance. See for yourself now.

and to answer Winnie's question by your demand, yes if it was me, i will be willingly to be bashed coz i have done wrong and it is alright.

Be realistic, this is a fair world......
    when he performs well (as in kids scored A in exam) = gets compliments
    when he doesnt perform (as in kids failed the exam) = gets bashings
    ............Isnt that fair enough??? Compliments and punishments muz be done at the right place and the right moments. And this is the moment where we should be bashing him for he had failed his exam (it is okay to lose if u have given your best). And bashing him isnt the end of his badminton career, rest assured that we'll be clapping hands for him in future if he decided not to repeat that ridiculous play at ABC.

Someone said that we shouldnt be too harsh on them coz this is their first time. My answer to that is, imagine (those who have kids) the 1st time when your kid steal something, is it alright that you dont need to punish him cause this is the 1st offense? if you dont punish him to make him understand and make him well remember that what he has done is VERY wrong, the parents will have some tough time ahead when the kid has grown up and think that it is okay to steal stuff.

12. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

babyV, i have also stated in one of my previous posts. even if people want to criticize, use constructive criticism. but from what the people here have said about KKK, its more of a "make-myself-feel-better" type of criticism.

a boy gets 100% in his test, and next test he got 100% again, the boy's feet start lifting off the ground, and the test after that he got 90% and his classmates tell him "you have started your real journey....into the drain; sigh"
    do you think thats the way to criticize?

13. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    yeah that's just human. You do good, you will get compliments.....and it will be the same the other way round.

Will there be so many ppl around the world bashing on Bush everyday if he had promote world peace instead of creating havoc? The answer is NO.

14. babyV

babyV Regular Member

llpjlau, if the boy who got 100% two times in a row, but suddenly he got 90%, but if we knew that he tried hard enough, the teacher and his friends won't get mad at him. however, if he is so full of himself and didn't even study hard 4 the exam, why can't we tell them they are not doing a proper job?

by the way, i like what alfa had posted recently. i agreed so much. THAT'S THE WAY LIFE GOES ON...:p :p

15. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

alfa-2,
    you dont seem to understand that there are different solutions to different problems. a first time murderer still has to serve his sentence despite being his first time. yes, completely true.
    but do you think the same applies to everything? lets say a player smashes and the shuttle lands in the net (for the first time) should he be criticized? a player is deceived and loses his balance and falls while trying to change direction, should he be criticized because its the first time that happened?
    it depends completely on the situation and on the beholder.
    also, how do you know that KKK is not willing to be "bashed"? God knows he might be in remorse now reflecting on his mistake and vowing to do better.

p.s. i didnt demand you to answer it, i was just stating my observation.

16. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

there you go, you said it yourself.
    meaning that if KKK-TBH won no one would be criticizing him.
    that shows that people are only criticizing him because they lost. his mistakes only acted as a catalyst.

17. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

yes, you can tell them that they are not doing well. but my point is, and i hope you get it this time, how do you go about telling him? do you tell him that his journey is just starting....into the drain?

i've said it in my previous posts.

18. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    i am so sorry, i believe that he didnt even get pass 50. If not Rexy wouldnt be that mad. It is not the result that matters, it is his attitude in his play which is totally unacceptable at all. Like putting on a show for the audience more than playing at his best to win (losing is okay as long as you do it with the right attitude). I respect all his winnings before this, but i dont have much respect for his game at ABC.

19. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

do you realise that you are not making sense?
    observe

in that post you are clearly saying that results matter. you do good, you get compliments, thats what you said.

and here you are saying the result doesnt matter, if he has the right attitude.
    so putting that the other way round, results matter, if he doesnt have the right attitude.
    ....it says for itself...

Originally Posted by llpjlau
    babyV, i have also stated in one of my previous posts. even if people want to criticize, use constructive criticism. but from what the people here have said about KKK, its more of a "make-myself-feel-better" type of criticism.

a boy gets 100% in his test, and next test he got 100% again, the boy's feet start lifting off the ground, and the test after that he got 90% and his classmates tell him "you have started your real journey....into the drain; sigh"
    do you think thats the way to criticize?

and in this post by me, i clearly said do you think thats the way to criticize?

i never said its wrong to criticize him.... i merely said you have to do it constructively. i dont know if you get the point now.

20. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    to be true, that was NOT the 1st time. They were already like this in the semi. But TBH did listen to Rexy and had played well or at least gave his best in the final. So it was the 2nd offence by KKK.......and that was not a small mistakes like landing a shuttle on the wrong side. If anyone who was there in the stadium, it was clearly written on KKK's forehead that he thought he was one step higher than the rest, letting the fame got to his head......thats why so many ppl scream bad things on him that day, repeatingly.

im not stating that kkk is not willingly to be bashed, im just saying that the FANS of kkk doesnt like their idol to be really bashed when they have done wrong things. After all, they have been complimented when they won right? So let's treat things fairly.

#60 alfa-2, Apr 17, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2007