Taufik:LCW sometimes lacks the mental strength

Discussion in 'Asian Continental Championships 2007' started by LI De Quan, Apr 11, 2007.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

For his sake, I really hope LCW is building up his confidence again. I like him as a player and from most accounts, he's a good guy.

However, I doubt he himself fully believes in his own words. It's almost like he's trying to convince himself he did OK... like trying to make the best out of a bad situation. According to the report from the Badminton Asia Championship website, Taufik won handily, which can only suggest that LCW's satisfied with the small positive steps he's taken.

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I honestly don't think Taufik did it purposely but I'm sure he had an inkling about LCW's current state of mind. Unfortunately, every little thing said piles on the pressure even more.

3. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    TH did win handily. LCW was trying to convince himself as what u have suggested here.

He wont be posibbly satisfied as he had been in the top before, almost beating everyone that was on his way. Having the fame like KKK/TBH. How could he be really and possibly satisfied?

But it is good that he has taken this step to comfort himself, preventing himself from thinking about this loss on and on and on again which wont help at all.

Let it go LCW.

4. sysoh

sysoh Regular Member

Senior Software Engineer
    TH is good friend of LCW, right? I am not surprised that he knows well about LCW's current state of mind.

5. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I still really want to see another LCW vs LD clash. It would be interesting to see if that would bring out the best in LCW once more. I don't think they have played in quite a while have they?

6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Hes getting old, by Chinese terms :)

7. kktan

kktan Regular Member

sorry... i dun LWC going anywhere under misbun.

8. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    telll that Misbun/LCW fan X Ball meh........:D:D:D:D

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

He was spectacular when he first started with Misbun. I think his slide is very much to do with the person himself. Misbun did not cause his slide nor Hafiz.

Somewhere in the last year, something happened that caused LCW's slide (did he ease off in his training or was he lulled into the state he is currently in with his success similar to Hafiz). Is it a 7-year curse someone put on him ? Or, is he spending more time chasing 'Meow' rather than his badminton career.

Some people can deal with success better than others : generally, people who have a bigger picture of things will not be satisfied and continue to chase their career harder than people who have no big ambition. The latter typically are satisfied with simple successes and ease off quite quickly. I hope LCW is not the case.

The fortunate thing is every person needs to 'survive' --- I hope that survival instinct will push him to strive again for success. The mind is interesting because it can be convinced to change quite quickly, if there is a will. The body can be willed back by the mind. LCW has to reach deep into his own mind for that bit that took him to success a year ago. It is all within reach.

Of course, Misbun is an easy convenient blame for the players downfall -- I have seen him working hard and many times I am sure he believes all his proteges have shown him improvement in training. But unless your execution is good during tournament time, the best of training amounts to zilch. My take on this is that the players have to excel themselves...we can hire LYB and he would not be able to do anything better if the players don't get their act together.

10. kktan

kktan Regular Member

i agree too.

has misbun produced any true champions.. i am trying to recall. cheers

11. xtremezn

xtremezn Regular Member

LCW in badminton depression la. What to do? takes time to recover. Just like "break up".
    rgds

12. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

I am a big fan of Taufik and I hope he wins ABC and carry on his best performance to SG Open... go go taufik :p

13. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Taufik is a latter-day version of Rudy Hartono. He has got power, height, intelligence, and skills. If he decides to hang around, LD would not have all his way. It is good for badminton.

14. xtremezn

xtremezn Regular Member

Yes, a good one for taufik to win to keep up with the others coming SO.
    For LCW, he seems to walk with face looking downward. Its a non-confidence sign. Posture no good.

15. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Bad Feng Shui, isn't it if posture is bad ?:D

16. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

if LCW is really ageing already, he can emulate taufik and rely mainly on his net plays and placing... taufik has relied alot on his net plays maybe when he started to feel that his back can't take it anymore.... :D

17. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yes, Taufik is so confident with his net plays. I wonder how many hours he put in practising net plays.

18. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Absolutely agree. IMHO, only two non-chinese players can stop LD. They are Taufik and Gade. No disrespect to other players, but I dont see other players can topple LD even on his bad days.

Hopefully Taufik can stop the mighty LD :p

19. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Yes, I watched the Asian Doha Game final between LD and Taufik, and Taufik's net plays were close to perfect. Even the mighty LD agreed that Taufik was so quick at the net. go go Taufik...

20. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

do you include injuries as a part of those "bad days?"

LD got injured in the Swiss Open... Easy win for Simon..:D He won on LD's bad day... hahaha