China's full power to Indonesia SS

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by jkusmanto, Mar 30, 2007.

1. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    According to bulutangkis.com, China will come to Indonesia with "full power".

Here is the list:
    MS:
    Lin Dan, Bao Chunlai, Chen Jin, Chen Yu, Chen Hong
    WS:
    Xie Xingfang, Zhang Ning, Zhu Lin, Lu Lan, Jiang Yanjiao, Wang Lin
    MD:
    Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng, Xie Zhongbo/Guo Zhendong, Zhang Jun/Zheng Bo, Shen Ye/He Hanbin
    WD:
    Gao Ling/Zhang Jiewen, Yang Wei/Zhao Tingting, Zhang Yawen/Wei Yili, Yu Yang/Du Jing
    XD:
    Zheng Bo/Gao Ling, Xie Zhongbo/Zhang Yawen, He Hanbin/Yu Yang, Zhang Jun/Zhao Tingting

What strange is Gao Ling/Zhang Jiewen. Where is Huang Sui?
    Gao will play with Zhang Jiewen. Zhang's partner Yang Wei will play with Zhao Tingting.

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

woah, if this is true, there're quite a few surprises in store.
    does this mean CH is coming out of retirement?
    zhang ju and zheng bo for MD?
    also, i guess huang sui must be injured ... but yang wei and zhao tingting have done pretty well recently so it's a pretty decent partnership.

good to see china out in full force though, the IO is one of the few events they don't seem to dominate, especially in the men's events.

3. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Interesting indeed that CH is seemingly coming out of "retirement".

Does anyone know if he will he be supported by Team China, or is he on his own?

Also interesting about Huang Sui. Has she been dropped? The CHN management had hinted at reorganisation of pairs, and I can't see who else not on the list above who could partner her.

I don't see the logic in ZB/ZJ playing MD together, seems like flogging a dead horse to me and distracting ZB from XD.

4. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i dunno how things work, but i would find it surprising that they split up the world no.2 and 6 time AE champion pairing. let's hope that she hasn't been dropped, i do prefer watching GL/HS play compared to YW/ZJW.

5. MeL'z

MeL'z Regular Member

i agree with Dreamzz, i prefer watching GL/HS compared with YW/ZJW coz Huang Sui is one of my favourite players.. haha
    pretty sad can't see her this time.. (T.T)

6. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

bcos china's seldom sent their best teams in IO,just like in 2005 where they didnt send any players

7. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

true, though in 2006 CY and BCL were there, both beaten by TH though. it's hard to beat that boy at home ...

8. silvia

silvia Regular Member

Yeah its very difficult to beat taufik at home...Lindan has a mountain to climb if he wants to win IO...

9. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Yup2 but this boy has run out of gas(maybe),We'll see if he can defend his title

10. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

I will say the Taufik will win the men singles in front of his home crowd. for men doubles, Markis and Hendra might win it with support from home crowd. 50% chance for Markis and Hendra.

11. V_forever

V_forever Regular Member

Student
    How does this mean that China is coming out of retirement? Doesnt the title say clearly that they are bringing in a big force. Reasons are obviously there but simply not to been seen or understood by outsides which is why the coaches decided to pair the pairings, it just means that they wanna take it seriously and sent some players unlike last few years and actually prove that if they are serious its eaz

12. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Calm down. CH = Chen Hong, not China (CHN)

13. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

hahaha, relax mate, james is right, i mean chen hong when i said CH. if i was referring to china, i normally say CHN.
    :D

CHN is gonna dominate the scene for a while yet, at least in all departments except for MD.

14. sumbadder

sumbadder Regular Member

I read an article about the pairing of ZhangJW and GaoL a couple weeks ago. It made mention of HuangS but I didn't really get what they were saying about her future on the team. If I find the article again I'll post it up.

CHN's definitely bringing out all the stops with this new line-up. I wonder how the Zhang Jun/Zheng Bo pairing will turn out. They're both strong mixed players, but can they play doubles? Especially considering Zhang's age and recent fitness, which LYB said was a problem in an article a while ago. That said, we all know that the women's events are gonna be held by China no matter the pairings, just like they have been for the most part. BTW, CHN men's doubles will be a lot stronger with Xie Zhongbo and Guo Zhendong being put back together cause they were already a strong team.

15. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
    Maybe it's not the final list.

16. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Exceptional case in 2004 Indo Open, CHN sent top-MS to Jakarta but they failed to grab the MS title. TH defeated LD in SF and freezed CH at finale. For this time wanna be the hardest task for TH to defend his title w/ LD-CJ-BCL-CY plus CH will show-off their performance in Istora. After six times-champion in this event, next TH seeks the lucky 7 to break record here.

From 1982 - 2006 only 5 MS of non-INA representatives who created victorious in Indonesia Open, Han Jian (1985)-Yang Yang (1987)-Xiong Guobao (1989)-Yong Hock Kin (1998-MAS) and Lee Hyun Il (2005-KOR). Was it really true that Indo Open not attracted to foreign players?? Or there's any reason...

17. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

playing in front of the fiery indonesia supporters are scary enough.. haha..

18. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i am still amazed that yong hock kin managed to win the title .... time to do a bit of research to see who he beat to win it.

19. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I read in the papers that 29 countries shall send representatives to Djarum Indonesia Super Series 2007. Cool. We shall see a good show in town.

20. w3wmfhe

w3wmfhe Regular Member

i am still amazed that yong hock kin managed to win the title .... time to do a bit of research to see who he beat to win it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] if i was not wrong ..i believed yong hock kim beat 96 olympic gold medel ....the tall denmark duo in the final ( forgot how to spell his name )...it was great game...the style yong play ..make me think of next yang yang ..