Koo Kien Kiet/Tan Boon Heong/Rexy Combination

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by jug8man, Jan 22, 2007.

1. chehsi

chehsi Regular Member

Administrative
    Champs Meet the King

From The Star - 27 March 2007

(first pic is very small, I've blown it up a bit)

[​IMG]

And in case you guys (non Malaysians esp) are wondering what's that thing they're wearing on their head. It's called a 'Songkok'. You normally wear it for formal occasions like this (and it's not everyday you're meeting the King.. heh!).

And FYI, this is also our King, who almost took part in the Asian Games in one of the Equestrian events (Endurance race) but have to withdraw because he has to be in Malaysia for another important equestrian event.

[​IMG]

2. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Architect Assistant, Piano Teacher
    My Goodness, i have came across these few pictures in ALL CHINESE NEWSPAPER yesterday. But i dont understand y they need to wear Songkok, it doesnt look good. . . I hope they will still stay humble after this, or even many more achievements ahead ! All The Best :p

3. chehsi

chehsi Regular Member

Administrative
    Kim Hock: The party’s over for Kien Keat-Boon Heong

The Star - 27 March 2007
    By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have poured cold water on parties to fete Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong, who have gained celebrity and national heroes’ status in just a short period as a pair.
    National chief coach Yap Kim Hock said yesterday that the duo would resume training at the Gymnasium II in Bukit Jalil today and no more appointments could be made with them.

“There were appointments made last week to fete the players. There will be one or two more functions for them this week,” he said.
    “That is enough. The BAM have decided not to entertain requests made this week for them. The celebrations must end. It is time for them to get back into shape again for upcoming tournaments.”

Kim Hock added that doubles coach Rexy Mainaky would decide on the duo’s participation in the Asian Badminton Championships (ABC) scheduled for April 10-15 in Johor Baru based on their condition in training.

“They have reached the world number 10 spot and have secured their place in the World Championships (Aug 13-19 in Bukit Jalil). They can afford to skip the ABC and get ready for the Singapore and Indonesian Opens. Rexy will make a decision on this,” he said.

The ABC is the last tournament before the qualifiers for the world meet are finalised based on the May 3 world rankings.
    However, seedings for the world championships will be based on the Aug 2 world rankings and the duo have a chance to get among the top eight with good results in the Singapore Open (May 1-6) and Indonesian Open (May 7-13).

Since forging a partnership last October for the Japan Open and finishing as the runners-up, Kien Keat-Boon Heong have gone on to win four titles in the next five tournaments.

They won the first Asian Games gold medal for Malaysia in 36 years in Doha last December and followed it up with victory in the first round of the inaugural Super Series, the Malaysian Open in January. They returned home as champions from the prestigious All-England in Birmingham and the Swiss Open in Basel recently.
    Their success in the All-England was the first for Malaysia in men’s doubles after 25 years.

4. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Architect Assistant, Piano Teacher
    They are as famous as Celebrities now, our gap are also wider. Almost everyday is about them in newspaper :rolleyes:

5. kian chuan

kian chuan Regular Member

student
    why tan boon heong n koo kien kiet are the guys

i always like to say that the two r full of confident. n they r firm so dun everybody worry that they will become arrogant in the future n result in performances drop. so dun worry everybody they r the realy guys to win the olympic 2008 n 2012. N the advice is the other pair should look up them as pair tp catch up. their confident .

6. winnie

winnie Regular Member

the attention they get is a bit too much la..
    is it necessary for them to made it so big??
    hope they will behave themselves and dun bcome arragant with their recent achievement..

7. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

they still have about ten years to go. can they win everything in these ten years?? no.. so, we must accept it that they might lose one day..

8. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    maybe they can turn into stars later on???? like The Rock from WWE??? :D:D:D:D:D:D nice.....then they can play badminton in the movie!!!!

by the way, is there a movie that has been dedicated to this sport? Soccer, basketball, american football, motorsport has alot of nice movies about them. why not badminton.....???

9. winnie

winnie Regular Member

wah.. they being celebrities?? i mean actors?? then how about singing and hosting?? sure their earning will be lots! hopefully will got these days but after they retired lo.. but then kkk said he wana be coach after he retired... not sure abt tbh.. hmm

yalo.. i think if not mistaken, till now, there's no badminton related movies yet.. im waiting tis from china..the possibilities will be higher there in china or hk

10. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    yeah CHN.....insert in some love drama like LD n XXF......the naughty coach as well.

11. winnie

winnie Regular Member

would like to wtach the love stories of LD and XXF being filmed into a movie.. hmm

12. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    mana tahu they reli got famous coz of the movie n quit badminton??? like "the rock"??

13. winnie

winnie Regular Member

well, perhaps...
    now kkk even has his own manager!

14. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

15. yhkin

yhkin Regular Member

Government officer
    really? kkk has his own manager? to manage what?:D they have become celebrity right now...i hope that won't spoil them..:p

16. winnie

winnie Regular Member

thx haifeng4ever for the pic!! tis is gonna be the recent 1.. hmm where u get it??
    thats what i read in newspaper.. well, maybe he need manager to manage his now packed schedule plus all those popularity..maybe help him find sponsor, ads, arrange for interviews etc..

17. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

manager??

mmm..they're like treated as celebrities now... somehow just like xxf/ld in china...

i prefer the low profile though... but who am i to say...

hope kkk/tbh will not be to carry away with such attention!

18. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

u went to bkt jalil stadium to capture this pic??

thanks for the pics anyway! :D

19. ~sss~

~sss~ Regular Member

I saw this picture in The Star.:D

20. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

KKK was absent from morning training session today.. AIks.. How can he don't know that there was a training session??