Pointfore 5500 T3 - A GREAT racquet!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pennstate, Sep 3, 2002.

1. pennstate

pennstate New Member

Very stiff, very fast head speed. It has a great feel to it for drop shots. Nice balance for control. However, it comes with crappy strings that doesn't give very powerful smashes, eventhough by the sound of it you thought it was fast. Price is a bit above what I think would be fair in the US market, considering a string upgrade is necessary. Great for doubles. Back hand clears are very easy with this racquet.

Feels similar to the Victor Super Ti-2 but sturdier. Comes with a crappy cover.

2. pennstate

pennstate New Member

BTW, I bought this racquet as a backup to my Ti-10. It's great for when your arms are tired. IMO, the Ti-10, because of it's head-heaviness, requires more time to setup a shot. When I am really tired, its hard for me to get into position in time for those shots. This is where the faster head speed and balanced frame of the 5500 T3 will help.

3. Brett

Brett Regular Member

I've also used some Pointfore racquets and although they look less sturdy than a Yonex or Carlton racquet, they played very solidly and were good racquets. I did a post a year or two back reviewing several of the Pointfores I tried and you should be able to find it easily if you do a search for "Pointfore" either here or on the General forum (might have preceded the creation of the Equipment forums).

4. nSmash

nSmash Regular Member

Computer Engineer
    I just visited http://www.pointfore.co.uk/index2.htm

Apparently their 4000 ISO series racquets weigh 350g.
    :confused: :p

Must be a typo. I wish they provided more details. Does
    anyone know if Pointfore has a dealer in Canada?

5. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I have played with the Premier Super Carbon, something similar to the T2 and T3 except its the slightly earlier model.

Its 3U-G4. But i find it quite heavy to be a 3U model but i like it that way, the balance is slightly towards the head. Very slightly, i strung it 25lbs with BG-66.

The best thing i like about this racket is the repulsion power, i can use only my wrist to flick the shuttle using backhand almost full court, although i must admit that it rarely happens and i have picked up tenosynovitis in the process. hehehe, i like using big words..... hehehe Tenosynovitis is wrist inflammation. can't play for 6 months.

Its all in the process of wrist strengthening i should think. I like the power and touch that this racket provides, only downside? Small sweetspot, but u get used to it and it helps u train your consistency