bg80 - vectran coating breakage

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Kaiyo, Mar 15, 2007.

1. tkteo

tkteo Regular Member

Student
    oh I get it!

BG80 = BG85 + magazine :)
    BG85 = BG80 - magazine :(

2. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

I know. Yonex Japan (marketing) wouldn't seem to be a reliable source either.

3. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

Very good observation. This happens to explain the mystery of BG85 stickyness after WD40 was applied and the applicator was stuck with nothing to do for a few hours.

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I think some of you may be mistaking that crispy feel of vectran for hardness and that dead feeling of say BG65 for softness. Hardness is something that is hard and that requires lots of effort to hit it with power to compensate for its poor resilience. Vectran strings have very good resilience and the best dynamic stiffness (low).

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

[Originally Posted by taneepak
    Maybe both types of BG80 are not what they should be. BG80 is soft, not hard, due to the vectran used. Remember vectran is the undisputed material in damping properties-that is why it was used as the landing pad for the Pathfinder mission to Mars.]

how can a soft homogeneous material with high damping factor can yield a 'crispy feel' at the same time?

#45 cooler, Mar 20, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  6. Glacyus

Glacyus Regular Member

Mayhaps localized resilience where the shuttle is struck is high for vectran, while outside that immediate area shock is dampened quickly and dispersed efficiently? Just a guess.

7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I mean vibration damping. Couple this with vectran's better resilience (low dynamic stiffness) and almost zero creep, you get those crispy shots that will be harder to get from hard strings. On a bigger scale that is what I get from my vectran racquets-crispy and punchy shots with little effort.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

crispness was due to your 30lbs bg66. U r taking credit of your e-10000 from the effect of the bg66. Let see how crispier is your vectran racket with a 16 lb bg80 or bg66:rolleyes:

If i'm incorrect and ur right, why r u showcasing your e10000 with 30 lbs bg66? why dun u show case it with 30 bg80 or bg85. According to your analogy, u would get 'double' the crispness of vectran in e10000 and string:rolleyes:

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I don't recall anyone who has an E-1000 playing at 16lbs. The lowest tension requested was 23.5/25.75lbs. But subsequent restrings by other stringers on the E-1000 have been done on 19-20lbs and the racquets played as well.
    I used to use only BG66 and then only BG85 on the E-1000s but not anymore, unless he or she insists on any of the two, because I can now get ML, PG66 and MP66 for a song.
    Cooler, have you tried an E-1000 TEP Select strung at a high tension with BG66 or BG85 or ML or PG66? I don't think you can find them on the West Coast but there are a few out there in Toronto.

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

don't you read your own thread on the e-1000?

11. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

No, not the E-1000 which had a false start, but the E-1000 Select or the modified E-1000 that has been upgraded.

12. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Taneepak,
    you dó realise Coolers just having a go at you right?

And darn you're chewing on the bait;) :rolleyes:

as for 'showcasing' a racket with thin strings..I had a girl demo a Woven-6, D900 and at500. both sotx's strung with BG65 at 20lbs, and the at500 with bg85 at 23lbs...
    she found the at500 had more control, but was a little too headheavy... I explained the string-bit..but she's clearly set on the at500 (because of 'the rackets' control)
    did she make the right choice? who knows... Does an at500 have such good control? I don't think so...