Open Letter to? Lee Chong Wei..

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Makkem_1, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

I was so sad when i saw tear flowing down LCW's cheek during the RTM interview right after his loss to Chen Yu. He said sorry to all the Malaysian fans and said that he will try his best at the Swiss Open. Read in his interview with China Press before the AE, he said that he thought of leaving badminton behind as he has lost the confidence.Luckily Li Mao persuaded him to stay on when Li Mao came back to Malaysia to pack his things.

I wrote a letter to him after his AE loss but don't know how to send the letter to him. Maybe someone or ants can tell me. If not, i plan to send the letter to the BAM office but i am not sure if they would pass the letter to him.

I think pressure has gotten to him and he just fears of letting his fans down. I will pray hard for him to bounce back soon.

2. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Well, i will always support him and i hope that he will be the usual LCW after this.We Malaysian appreciate what he did for the country and i really hope that he can regain his confidence.

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Basically LCW is still down and can't accept the fact the LiMao left the BAM stable. Indeed that they had a long talk. But at the back of his mind he is dissapointed and can't deal with the situation. Well i can say he is not used to LiMao not coaching them.

I think the same can happen to our mens double if Rexy leave the BAM stable.
    Mental is a big problem here.. personally i dont think Malaysia have that kind of problem.. even other countries.

The fact that Li Mao left BAM REALLY caught everyone by suprise. Even LCW.

ITs like your bf/gf break up with you without telling you. You need time to rebound. And LCW is in that situation still. He will take some time to get back up. Wong Tat Meng is a new coach.. but he is different from Li Mao. That are certain things that Li Mao does which Tat Meng can't at the moment.. Special Bond.. special relationship.

4. ants

ants Regular Member

I can pass the letter to him if you want.

5. Alaric

Alaric Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Thank you for posting your wonderful letter Makkem.

I am not Malaysian but I love to watch LCW play as he is such a skillful and graceful player. I watched the quarter final game of the AE and was really looking forward to seeing him play. I was rooting for him and as always he gave his all, but in the end the pressure got to him.

I think it is sad that such a great player has had so much pressure put on him to win all the time, I know all the Malaysian fans are very passionate and want him to win, but he is only human. I hope that LCW can overcome the pressure he feels and his fear of failure and start to enjoy the game of badminton again.

I know that there are fans all over the world who care for him and wish him well. He is a shining light in the world of badminton and whether he wins or loses his flare and talent make international badminton a better place.

Take care LCW, and remember whether you win or not there are plenty of fans who still appreciate and respect you.

LCW boleh. ;)

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    True, so true. That and the mental tiredness that was mentioned are so important. Taneepak also had some good points.

7. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

Yeah, I'm glad I started this thread now.... It is good to see such a lot of appreciative badminton fans!

Ants - can I also ask you to pass on a letter to LCW myself: again, have no way of doing so else? [you can private message me, cheers]

- I really want to pass on my best wishes - I mean, when I got fed up or disillusioned with my game - most of the last summer! - I would remedy the situation by watching a LCW game and that would generally make me pick up the racket and head for the court! I mean, I am not very good - not even so much as to play county but I love the game and I've been trying my hardest. So in a sense it got me through rough patches with being depressed with my progress or injured to watch this guy who always gave everything - heart and soul and flair - and then if he came up short was still a gracious guy in defeat: unlike me - I deal with my angst by yelling at myself etc etc... but I aspire to be more like that.

As for me, I'm an English guy in reply to someones question, from the north east of England [a 'Makkem' is someone from Sunderland, or a Wearsider generally:D ] As a Sunderland fan, I know all about support through thick and thin! But my coach is Malaysian, from the same system [he was in malaysias youth team till injuries finished his playing career].

8. ants

ants Regular Member

You guys can PM me the email. I will have it printed and give it to him.

Dont worry LCW will be back!

9. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

Damn right he will be back!,
    Cheers ants i'll send you the email
    P.

10. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    Perhaps you should include some of hte reponses as well as the letter... he may be further heartened by having a throng of supporters...

11. eguitarcoolboy

eguitarcoolboy Regular Member

Good to know there are some people supporting LCW. Thank you for sharing your letter, I am sure he needs this more than all the blames. May god bless the poor guy...

Kent

12. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    i just think he needs to change his mentality..
    he is now pressuring himself with the thinking tat the whole country will be disappointed if he loses.... yes we are...

but he must also noe that we are always behind him to support him...

i think its better for ants to copy and print all these messages for him to read to let him regain confidence.....

if ur reading this LCW, we are always behind u.. always..

13. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    great open letter, shows how much support LCW has... remember, he is the only geniuine hope for MAS singles at the moment...

he will be back.... hehe...

14. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

It's true every player has the responsibility to perform well but I feel LCW should not put too much burden on himself & strive to come out of the rut.

Since the SS started, the top ranked players have each been a casualty themselves - TH in the 1st round of MO, LD in the 2nd round of MO, PG fresh from being MO champion knocked out in the 1st round of AE. So, LCW take heart, there is still light at the end of the tunnel. Persevere....

15. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

Hi ants! Thanks for your willingness to pass the letter to LCW. I tried to PM you but i got the message that your Inbox is full. I have scanned the letter. So ants, can you please PM me your email address, so that i can pass the letter to you as attachment?

Thanks ants!

16. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i hope LCW knows how many people are behind him and will bounce back. he is a good player. malaysians are proud of him. and i agree sometimes mental lethargy are more devastating than physical lethargy. because if you have the spirit to win, being tired physically will not stop you but if you are tired in your mind, there's not much you can do physically.

17. ants

ants Regular Member

I have already cleared the folder... you can PM me already.

18. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

yeah Ants, half of my email didn't send. Just sent it again now - P.

19. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Thanks Ants for willing to help us. LCW seems to be trying very hard to win. But after each lost, he becomes demoralised and low confidence. Jus tell him to enjoy playing badminton. Relax when playing and do not put pressure on himself. Most importantly, enjoy the game. His skills are still there, it is just that he lost his confidence.

20. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    so sweet of this letter.........